PDA

View Full Version : (5) Five Minute Introduction for Congressman Ron Paul

knarf
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300552631588
You are bidding on the opportunity to be videoed for a LIVE (5) five minute introduction of 2012 Presidential Candidate Congressman Ron Paul on May 5, 2011 in Greenville, SC at the "GREENVILLE TEA PARTY 1st PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE FREEDOM RALLY" - THIS WILL BE AN "HISTORIC" EVENT!*

Plus an 3' X 6' advertising banner that you provide, of an approved and appropriate message and/or corporate design to be displayed during the course of this entire event- (see below)

knarf
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
dont all jump at one time

knarf
04-30-2011, 09:31 PM
send this around

lynnf
05-01-2011, 04:41 AM
details? do you have to be going to the event?

knarf
05-01-2011, 07:34 AM
of course, you have to be there to introduce him live.

sailingaway
05-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Well, no, you could designate a person who is going to introduce him.

I don't know if Josh likes introducing people, I frankly hate stuff like that (I do it when I have to but I'm not sure I ever have to crowds that big) but he could do Ron Paul forums as the banner assuming he is going to the rally. (Or someone who likes introducing people could do it and RPF and DP could STILL be the banner...) You just need someone to introduce him who is reliable and won't leave him standing there, I guess.

I wish they hadn't done this, ... but whatever. This isn't for the debate but it is for the rally and the rally is going to be a big deal although Nikki Haley and the others might be speaking before the debate. I don't know who besides Ron is afterwards. But if this was for RPF it would help guide people who like Ron either before or after his speech to here. Or you could do Ron Paul forums AND Daily Paul on a banner (suddenly feeling guilty....) Some might like one format better than the other. At first DP was easier for me to navigate but now threads are easier for me to find here.

And I'm suddenly feeling like maybe it's worth a chip in for the banner to direct people to the DP and RPF and a lot better than having Ron standing in front of some awful corporate logo we can't predict in advance. If we did a banner it would have to say 'banner paid for by grass roots not affiliated with any candidate or candidate's committee' or something.

knarf do you know if introductions for other people are being auctioned off or is it only Ron's? And who else is speaking after rather than before the debate? Because if Ron is the only candidate it kinda becomes 'our' event (that part of it) and we might want to get flyers printed out and stuff too. And we don't have much time, if people decide that is a good idea. The money bomb is that day, so a lot of people might be putting their free money to that.

knarf
05-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I dint think of that, I guess you could designate a person to introduce him

knarf
05-01-2011, 07:59 AM
knarf do you know if introductions for other people are being auctioned off or is it only Ron's? .

Just introducing Ron Paul, Ron Paul is the star!

knarf
05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
1 bid so far!

evilfunnystuff
05-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The more I think about this, the more i dislike the idea.

5 minutes of speaking time? What if they suck, or spout bull-shit that makes Ron look bad.

Why not just have Rand introduce him, if not Rand I'm sure we could find someone suitable. There are lots of good people to pick from, whom I'm sure would love to do it as well. Jack Hunter or Napalitano would be a couple of my other big picks.

I think if possible Rand would be the best choice, as it would give more drawing power to the more mainstream GOP. This is what we should be shooting for IMHO.

Please reconsider this.

knarf
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
security costs 1500 bucks, there is a lot to pay for in setting something up like this!

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
The more I think about this, the more i dislike the idea.

5 minutes of speaking time? What if they suck, or spout bull-shit that makes Ron look bad.

Why not just have Rand introduce him, if not Rand I'm sure we could find someone suitable. There are lots of good people to pick from, whom I'm sure would love to do it as well. Jack Hunter or Napalitano would be a couple of my other big picks.

I think if possible Rand would be the best choice, as it would give more drawing power to the more mainstream GOP. This is what we should be shooting for IMHO.

Please reconsider this.

+1,000,000

How do you know someone that isn't a RP supporter won't win this bid and proceed to ruin RP's presence at the event? Seems like this is a very bad, if well-intentioned idea. There are many other ways you can fundraise money. And if you guys don't have the money when there are only four days left before the debate, I see major red flags.

knarf
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
+1,000,000

How do you know someone that isn't a RP supporter won't win this bid and proceed to ruin RP's presence at the event? Seems like this is a very bad, if well-intentioned idea. There are many other ways you can fundraise money. And if you guys don't have the money when there are only four days left before the debate, I see major red flags.

If whoever wins sucks, they will be booed off stage. If I had the money I would bid and have my banner that says get free food http://www.PatriotsHelpingPatriots.com

messana
05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Who's idea was this? The RP committee?

The other candidates are not doing the same?

The seller is also selling....this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Work-Before-You-Pay-Automatic-Money-/300466809215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f537a97f

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Who's idea was this? The RP committee?

The other candidates are not doing the same?

The seller is also selling....this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Work-Before-You-Pay-Automatic-Money-/300466809215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f537a97f

Uggh. Red flags abound!

evilfunnystuff
05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
That sounds like practically nothing why not compile a list of expenses and start a chip in, then invite Rand instead.

Edit -- just noticed the post about the other items now this just seems like a scam rather than incompetence.

S.Shorland
05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Lol.I knew even the Paul campaign couldn't be THAT crazy.

knarf
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
3 bids so far, Chris Lawton is doing the auction, he is also getting this altogether! MSNBC, FOX, and CNN will be there! This event will be bigger than the debate!

knarf
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
bump

knarf
05-03-2011, 02:33 AM
just a few more hours