PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Heart Attack Grill, a Texas restaurant that celebrates cholesterol.

Zatch
04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zljRWsJ6c2o

edit: Whoops...it says Texas in the description. It's actually Arizona according to the video.

Kludge
04-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Hope it mentions the 29 year-old 575-lb owner died last month of... pneumonia.

smartguy911
04-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Now these same people will be burden on the system later on when they start developing serious health problems.

MelissaWV
04-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Now these same people will be burden on the system later on when they start developing serious health problems.

:rolleyes:

How many of "these people" have health insurance that they pay into, do you suppose?

People burn stuff at different rates, and sitting around (but eating nothing but healthy food) is worse for you than occasionally having a massive bacon cheeseburger and going for a jog every night.

Fredom101
04-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Newsflash, dietary cholesterol does not cause high cholesterol. And, high cholesterol does not cause heart attacks. It's the carbohydrates you have to watch out for.

pacelli
04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
So what? If people want to eat this kind of food, let them. They have the freedom to eat the unhealthiest foods on the face of the earth.

RCA
04-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Newsflash, dietary cholesterol does not cause high cholesterol. And, high cholesterol does not cause heart attacks. It's the carbohydrates you have to watch out for.

Source Doc (double meaning)?

dejavu22
04-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Chandler Arizona is not Texas... Its in SE phoenix. That being said... great food.

And the guy who died was the spokesman not the owner.

Lothario
04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
this is a dream come true.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 04:02 PM

And that is why government will now be allowed into every aspect of your life, since anything you do, will or may be "a burden on the system".

Enjoy your government approved life, Mundane.

Fredom101
04-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Source Doc (double meaning)?

Google Gary Taubes.

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Umm, are you sure you're posting on the RON PAUL forums? Or was that sarcasm?

heavenlyboy34
04-30-2011, 11:08 PM
And that is why government will now be allowed into every aspect of your life, since anything you do, will or may be "a burden on the system".

Enjoy your government approved life, Mundane.

qft, IOU 1 +rep when I get more ammo.

heavenlyboy34
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM

qft. :cool:

AZKing
04-30-2011, 11:32 PM
That's nothing! (note: 56k DEATH)

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5431/1227218199105py2.jpg

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 11:51 PM
qft, IOU 1 +rep when I get more ammo.

Thanks brother.

Burger thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?257744-What-heart-stopping-burger-concoction-is-Number-One!&p=3239675#post3239675

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks brother.

I don't know why, but when you wrote that I heard Hulk Hogan's voice in my head.....

libertybrewcity
05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
For a second I thought this was onion news. The Al Jazeera symbol kinda looks like the onion symbol.

sorta...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n7RltmTdk-g/TT371p_2U_I/AAAAAAAAZpc/oA4B2BQ9gos/s1600/Al-Jazeera%2BLogo.jpg
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/the-onion-logo_2521.jpg

Kregisen
05-01-2011, 01:46 AM
lol The Heart Attack Grill is a couple miles from my house, yet I've never been there. I've been meaning to for years.

BlackTerrel
05-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Despite the name and the theme I doubt their offerings are that much worse than a McDonald's or Jack In The Box.

As far as the health concerns people have a right to eat what they want but the overall obesity epidemic in our country is not a good thing. I think it's a discipline/laziness issue more than anything else.

I eat fast food and a lot of candy but I work out and play sports a lot too and have always been in good shape. There needs to be a balance in life.

Aldanga
05-01-2011, 02:07 AM
For a second I thought this was onion news. The Al Jazeera symbol kinda looks like the onion symbol.

sorta...
+rep for making me laugh.

Acala
05-01-2011, 05:03 AM

Yup. Your body was MADE to consume animal fat. It was NOT made to consume massive loads of carbs - especially from grain. While the quality of meat you get at a fast food place is usually not going to be very good and will have an unhealthy omega 3/omega 6 ration, the real poison is in the bun and the soda.

Lots of evidence out there for this and very little that relates animal fat to heart disease. Check out paleo or primal diet and Mark's Daily Apple.

juvanya
05-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Yup. Your body was MADE to consume animal fat. It was NOT made to consume massive loads of carbs - especially from grain. While the quality of meat you get at a fast food place is usually not going to be very good and will have an unhealthy omega 3/omega 6 ration, the real poison is in the bun and the soda.

Lots of evidence out there for this and very little that relates animal fat to heart disease. Check out paleo or primal diet and Mark's Daily Apple.

That was true until the past few decades when we started feeding cows grain, antibiotics, and hormones and crap. An organic cow allowed to graze on grass should be healthy to eat. I think I remember reading that somewhere on naturalnews or something that before the 40s, no one got overweight or heart attacks from eating a lot of beef.

Acala
05-01-2011, 05:29 AM
That was true until the past few decades when we started feeding cows grain, antibiotics, and hormones and crap. An organic cow allowed to graze on grass should be healthy to eat. I think I remember reading that somewhere on naturalnews or something that before the 40s, no one got overweight or heart attacks from eating a lot of beef.

Yes, as I pointed out in my post, the kind of beef you get in a fast food restaurant is going to have an unhealthy omega 3/ omega 6 fat ratio. Eat grass fed/grass FINISHED beef and you will be good.

Acala
05-01-2011, 05:30 AM

No one gets overweight or has heart attacks NOW from eating a lot of beef. There is virtually no evidence for that. But there are other problems from too much omega 6, although the real culprit there is vegetable oil.

Oh, and by the way, I swore off beef for thirty years and only in the last few months started eating it again based on the evidence and logic of the paleo lifestyle.

Teaser Rate
05-01-2011, 06:00 AM
God Bless America.

JohnGalt1225
05-01-2011, 06:07 AM
So what? That's their freedom and their choice. Personally, I don't think I'd dine at any place with "Heart Attack" in the title, but that's just me.

I Don't Vote
05-01-2011, 07:52 AM
They spread lard on their buns before they put the burger on.

That HAS to taste great. Why do you think Chinese restaurants in the hood use lard? The taste is there.

stuntman stoll
05-01-2011, 09:06 AM

another point in the carnivore vs grain diet debate: There are no animals that thrive on a grain only diet except for some birds. If beef cows were left at the feed lots instead of going to the slaughter, they would die anyway from the high grain diet. Yet according to the government, grains are to be our staple diet with proteins, veggies, and fruits making up a small portion of the pyramid.

VIDEODROME
05-01-2011, 09:47 AM
If the Al Jazeera resembles a food it reminds me more of a Garlic Clove

nate895
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Despite the name and the theme I doubt their offerings are that much worse than a McDonald's or Jack In The Box.

As far as the health concerns people have a right to eat what they want but the overall obesity epidemic in our country is not a good thing. I think it's a discipline/laziness issue more than anything else.

I eat fast food and a lot of candy but I work out and play sports a lot too and have always been in good shape. There needs to be a balance in life.

+1. As long as you limit how much you "pig out," there probably won't be much of a problem in the end. If you eat at this restaurant on a regular basis, however, expect to have a real quadruple bypass.

juvanya
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Anyone know if it is pork lard or beef lard?