PDA

View Full Version : Huge Untapped Resource

nate895
04-30-2011, 02:15 PM
So, I was just looking up ways to organize an effective group to get Christians to support liberty candidates (I'm being very generic and posting this in General Politics for a reason). What I came across astonished me, and I have not seen any discussion related to it on these boards. I am talking about a new breed of PAC called a "Super PAC" that can accept unlimited contributions that do not count against an individual's or corporation's contribution limits. These "Super PACs" can advocate for the election or defeat of any Federal candidate so long as all of their funds are limited to "Independent Expenditures," so the committee cannot coordinate expenses with a candidate or another committee without restricting itself to the limits on a normal PAC.

Democratic and Republican groups have already began to organize these "Super PACs" last year. We need to do likewise. A lot of people who support liberty max out to candidates every election cycle. If there are only 50 individuals/couples out there who want to donate $10,000 to the cause, that would be $500,000. That could make a huge difference in winning primaries and general elections for every candidate we would support.

If we were able to get a group like this together, I am not sure what we could call it, but we should target one group of voters only: Conservatives, particularly religious conservatives. If we go for too broad of a group of voters, then the group will be ineffective at best. That means the group would be active primarily in the Southern and Midwestern states.

If anyone is interested in helping with a group like this, or has any helpful suggestions, post away. One thing I should note is that people who are officially associated as some type of agent of the committee might have to limit contact with political campaigns and other committees.

nate895
04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I can't believe no one is interested in this.

FSP-Rebel
04-30-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm willing to bet the super majority of wealthy Ron supporters don't hang out on these forums, like the idea though. Starting something like that isn't my cup of tea nor am I someone capable of getting involved with it. So bump