PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump, The Next Hitler? Listen to this scary populuce fervor inducing rhetoric...

Reason
04-30-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEPDHIHvsG8

This guy scares the **** out of me...

I have studied how dictators come to power...

Combine the following factors...

Mass populace disillusioned with their form of government,

Mass populace out of work, watching the gap between the rich and poor expanding at exponential rates...

Lack of intelligent economic education ie: how many Americans know what "protectionism" is? how many Americans know what a trade war is?

His rhetoric will be VERY POPULAR to the uneducated masses that don't have the slightest clue as to why his proposals are insane...

He is openly advocating a sort of union boss/mafia style of dealing with other countries... He has openly advocated for use of military force in blatantly imperialistic endeavors...

If this is what he is OPENLY ADVOCATING... What would he actually be willing to do once in power...

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

BlackTerrel
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
where's the mustache?

nate895
04-30-2011, 01:26 PM
where's the mustache?

Since voters in our country judge based on looks in many cases, you are going to have to shave the mustache in order to make Hitler electable.

Reason
04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
I am going to bookmark this thread so when the nukes land I can at least say "I told you so" before I get vaporized...

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Since voters in our country judge based on looks in many cases, you are going to have to shave the mustache in order to make Hitler electable.

Actually, you just need to recruit Michael Jordan to be Trump's Vice President and the mustache problem is solved.

Guitarzan
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
You're not alone in your thinking. This was my first thought when I read an article yesterday about the F-bombs.

Made me think of Hayek and how he reflected on how Hitler came to power and that the people tend to like boisterous "can do" candidates.

HarryBrowneLives
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Yep. As rediculous as it may sound, that's exactly how it begins. Some charlatan/snake oil salesman comes along and acts like he's the man to save a bunch of people who are dejected. At the same time, everyone can see the guy's a complete fake, yet they brush aside all the facts against him and project their desires on the guy as their new Superman. Next thing you know, the asshole is President. The Road to Serfdom personified:rolleyes:

S.Shorland
04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Funny how they zoom in on the woman in pink and then at the end she is the only one standing and jumping on her seat with enthusiasm.Might almost have been planned.

Dreamofunity
04-30-2011, 02:44 PM
"I'd drop a 25% tax on China American citizens which buy Chinese goods."

VIDEODROME
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Mustache is out. The comb over is in.

DeadheadForPaul
04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
The religious right will not support Donald Trump.

We REALLY need to dig up this quote that I remember from a few years ago where Donald Trump said that Christians are losers and need an emotional crutch. That is pretty damning for anyone running in the GOP primary

Vessol
04-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Trump's rhetoric is really starting to scare me.

He's not only a populist, but he is openly advocating a trade war with another nation. Use of external scapegoats is always a tool of the elite.

Obama was a dirty populist, and while not a peace-loving kind of guy, at least didn't openly call for war on nations we are not at war with already.
What's even scarier is that a few people I know online who love Alex Jones and Ron Paul. They love Donald Trump more because he talks about the birther crap, they think he's great. They don't care about economics or philosophy, they just want to be right.

Anyone who advocates protectionism needs to seriously need to look up where classical liberalism started, it was an argument against protectionism. Without classical liberalism we would be nowhere. There would've been no Adam Smith, no Bastiat, no Mises, no Hayek, no Freidman, no Rothbard, and thus no Ron Paul.

The religious right will not support Donald Trump.

We REALLY need to dig up this quote that I remember from a few years ago where Donald Trump said that Christians are losers and need an emotional crutch. That is pretty damning for anyone running in the GOP primary

The Christian Right has lost most of it's power and influence during the Bush years. Otherwise Huckabee would be leading in the polls and would've won the primary in 2008.

ssantoro
04-30-2011, 06:18 PM
"I'd drop a 25% tax on China American citizens which buy Chinese goods."

Obviously he has never read Henry Hazlitt.

Golding
04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
In fairness, characteristics of Hitler are seen in several leaders. You see comparisons made in protest (that is, from those who disagree with the politician's stances) all the time, and it's not like they come from nowhere. Trump is in good company where the comparisons are made with Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc.

Trump doesn't scare me much, because I don't see him having a chance in the world to win. I'm content with him being the lightning rod for criticism, and having Obama preoccupied with defending himself against Trump's loudmouthed rhetoric, while someone like Ron Paul sneaks up and snatches the win with a refreshing dose of common sense.

nate895
04-30-2011, 06:59 PM
The Christian Right has lost most of it's power and influence during the Bush years. Otherwise Huckabee would be leading in the polls and would've won the primary in 2008.

The Christian Right still constitutes about 20-25% of the voting public, and make up huge numbers. However, last time, they never actually coalesced behind a candidate. Huckabee was starting to emerge as their guy, but his momentum was interrupted by McCain's coalescing of the Giuliani/McCain, and portions of the Romney vote.

Also, the Christian Right has lost power because it marches in lockstep with the GOP. It lost all of its power because it's in the pocket of the Republican Party.

osan
04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Trump's rhetoric is really starting to scare me.

Not sure he has any chance of winning, but he can spoil it for others like... I dunno... Ron Paul maybe? I am wondering if he is a sapper injected to help ensure President Pissywink is reelected.

mport1
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Really scary stuff.

doodle
04-30-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm little concerned about well being of Trumpy after his F-bomb threat to Chinese as Chinese are known to eat racoons if I'm not mistaken.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Trump is getting destroyed at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. He was dumb enough to attend, and is sitting there stone-faced, staring lasers at Seth Meyers and Barack Obama.

cindy25
04-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I thought the same thing, mentioned it in the thread about the LV speech.

just watch the Rise if the 3rd Reich on History, and its amazing.

the part about making America rich again is right out of Nazi propaganda, as is the anti-foreigner rants.

trade war is nothing, he could easily start a shooting war.

Flash
04-30-2011, 08:39 PM
If I had to bet money on who would win the GOP nomination-- it would be Trump. If gas prices keep rising people will look to a candidate the perceive as radical. I can see Moderates, Neo-Cons, and Tea Partiers backing Trump. I can't say the same for any other candidate.

daviddee
04-30-2011, 08:47 PM

Johnnymac
04-30-2011, 08:51 PM
i wouldn't put it past him

cindy25
04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
That sounds like most every president we have elected in the past 150+ years.

not in this way. no candidate for USA president ever said he would take the oil by force. or was that belligerent to the opposing superpower.

HarryBrowneLives
04-30-2011, 09:59 PM
That sounds like most every president we have elected in the past 150+ years.

Ha! Excellent point. In retrospect, I guess that's why we're almost at the end of the Road to Serfdom.

HarryBrowneLives
04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
not in this way. no candidate for USA president ever said he would take the oil by force. or was that belligerent to the opposing superpower.

Would agree that it's more up front this time.

cindy25
04-30-2011, 10:15 PM
and it would not be a formal dictatorship; just with powers usurped by Bush and Obama he would have Hitler like powers.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289947-RE-Trump-quot-Those-are-characteristics-of-a-tyrant-not-characteristics-of-a-president-”

daviddee
04-30-2011, 10:33 PM

cindy25
04-30-2011, 11:52 PM
tariffs on imports, if applied to every country, would be better than income taxes; but not to single out China; what about Bangladesh? Vietnam? ... renting the US military to the highest bidder? no-just bring them home. period.

Expatriate
05-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Top comment on that video: "This guy makes George Bush look like Ron Paul."

daviddee
05-01-2011, 12:47 AM

Grubb556
05-01-2011, 05:55 AM
I think the correct comparison is that Trump is a militarily aggressive leader.

smtwngrl
05-01-2011, 08:29 AM
His rhetoric will be VERY POPULAR to the uneducated masses that don't have the slightest clue as to why his proposals are insane...

Well, you are forgetting a couple of factors. One is the media, and the degree to which they influence who is the front runner. Last time around, it was mentioned by someone here that he observed something interesting at work. Whoever co-workers thought "sounded good" was the candidate the media were currently promoting. When they switched to promoting someone else more, more people thought that candidate sounded good.

The "uneducated masses" are going to listen to the media. And for some reason, I can't see the media promoting Donald Trump for any extended period of time.

smtwngrl
05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
This country, dating back to its founding, was big on tariffs. They were used to protect the newly born industries of the Republic. I am totally in favor of tariffs. "If applied to every Country" is a blanket statement and I am not in favor of generalizations/blanket policies/etc etc. We have some stellar trading "partners" and we have a lot of one sided deals that are not in our favor. The concept of "free trade" has somehow morphed into bad deals that are anything but free trade.
-dd

Our current situation is because of agreements like NAFTA and GATT. It's since then that we've lost the manufacturing base. Ron Paul is for free trade, but he is also for fair trade, not for these types of agreements.

YumYum
05-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Chinese paranoia. I hope nobody on this forum buys into this man's insanity. Trump said he would get rid of all regulations that are imposed on Wall Street. Ok, fine, but what he didn't mention is that he would not get rid of the "too big to fail" policy that his friends on Wall Street enjoy.

"Donald, Come Blow Your Trump(et).

raiha
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I got a chill down my spine at the title of this thread and think it is quite a perceptive theory. The man embodies unbridled emotions, mainly aversion, not much reason...unless it is for his own self-aggrandizement. Loose cannon.

Hitler only arose because the conditions were right and sadly the conditions are right again and will be even more conducive to the arising of a megalomaniac sociopath in 2012. He'll have his way with the non-thinking population by manipulating their negative emotions.

Did Hitler call everyone who didn't agree with him 'motherfuckers?'