PDA

View Full Version : WHo on here is on a sports message board or music/ whatever. How about promoting Ron.....

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
in the politics section. Many college teams and pro teams have forums and it's a great way to meet them where they are. I hope someone is on an Iowa Hawkeye or Cyclones board.

TheeJoeGlass
04-30-2011, 02:44 PM
The Chicago Cubs mb is covered. Several Paulites represent whenever we are needed. It really is a good political site aswell, with some really intense folks.

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
That's what I am talking about! We need to be everywhere. Not just political boards.

TheeJoeGlass
04-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Just a small sample, but Rand gets alot of coverage aswell. Lots of support there...http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-cubs&tid=394651

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Nice.

RCA
04-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I keep experiencing cognitive dissonance regarding Ron Paul 2012. Since I've moved towards complete anarchism/voluntarism since 2007/08, I keep thinking another go around isn't worth any more time or effort on my part especially given the admitted "educational campaign" after the fact. Another part of me realizes that I would never have become a voluntarist without first being eased into key concepts by Ron Paul's platform. This second part of me still wants to promote Ron Paul just for the reason of leading more people down the same path I went down. It's all very frustrating to be honest.

DXDoug
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I WAs thinking of posting something about this. I Want to join a forums and get lil known n stuff and ya push libertty and freedom and why its better for awhile then eventually say somthing about ron paul and see how the reception goes. But want to do this on a larger scale

If your on Another Forums! post it here so we can make a list http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290114-OP-FFF-Reaching-out-to-other-forums!-LIST

DeadheadForPaul
04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I keep experiencing cognitive dissonance regarding Ron Paul 2012. Since I've moved towards complete anarchism/voluntarism since 2007/08, I keep thinking another go around isn't worth any more time or effort on my part especially given the admitted "educational campaign" after the fact. Another part of me realizes that I would never have become a voluntarist without first being eased into key concepts by Ron Paul's platform. This second part of me still wants to promote Ron Paul just for the reason of leading more people down the same path I went down. It's all very frustrating to be honest.

Even if you view voting as a waste of time, I think the Presidential debates are an important and influential avenue to spread our views globally.

No longer are liberty lovers stuck in the corner of the internet - we're front and center on a world stage, and the more people whom support Ron with voices and donations, the more legitimacy our message gains

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I WAs thinking of posting something about this. I Want to join a forums and get lil known n stuff and ya push libertty and freedom and why its better for awhile then eventually say somthing about ron paul and see how the reception goes. But want to do this on a larger scale

Bern (I hope he doesn't mind) is on ShaggyBevo.com I am in woolyal.com and Utefans.net. It wouldn't hurt to hit some of the MANY Texas based team sites.

Romulus
04-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Several sites I'm on have a politics section... and I'm always posting RP stuff... years ago I got some resistance, now most are agreeing... I see it as a good sign.

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Several sites I'm on have a politics section... and I'm always posting RP stuff... years ago I got some resistance, now most are agreeing... I see it as a good sign.

Yes sir. I used to get mugged. Now I am not.

TheeJoeGlass
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM

I have alot of the same thoughts, and whenever I "educate" someone as to the situation we are facing, I always feel silly cause it wont change anything. They always agree, but then ask what to do, thats where you lose them. They will not change their ways. I showed my wife the Miss USA violation video. And her response was sickening, "dont like it, then dont fly" what do you do? Start all over from square one with someone that has watched Ron Paul in person?!? Utterly pointless.

TheeJoeGlass
04-30-2011, 03:54 PM

I have yet to go to a site that does NOT already have a Paul following. If you attack Ron or Rand on the Cubs board, you will be in the minority, and by a wide margin.

Kylie
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
We've been talking for almost 5 years about Ron on our biker board.

In fact, when I found this place, I linked it over there too. I think we have several members now that crossover to both boards.

BlackTerrel
04-30-2011, 04:01 PM
I post from time on music and sports boards about Ron Paul. The key to me is not to overdo it (post mainly about the issues of the board - sports, music, etc... and sporadically about politics).

A Son of Liberty
04-30-2011, 04:03 PM

:thumbs: Are we the same person? :D

I work a hockey board... it can be difficult, but I do what I can, and some have told me that I have influenced their thinking...

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I post from time on music and sports boards about Ron Paul. The key to me is not to overdo it (post mainly about the issues of the board - sports, music, etc... and sporadically about politics).

Very Very true. You can't ONLY post about it.

I seriously think someone should do an IOWA Hawkeye board for Ron like "HawkeyesForPaul" and make logos etc. that can be made for stickers at games etc.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-30-2011, 05:23 PM
I have yet to go to a site that does NOT already have a Paul following. If you attack Ron or Rand on the Cubs board, you will be in the minority, and by a wide margin.+1. The message boards I go to all have at least a few RP fans on there.

There can always be more though, and there needs to be! :D

BamaFanNKy
04-30-2011, 05:28 PM
What kind of forums would New Hampshire people read? Redsox?

DXDoug
04-30-2011, 06:24 PM
If your on Another Forums! post it here so we can make a list http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290114-OP-FFF-Reaching-out-to-other-forums!-LIST

kah13176
04-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Can't walk a mile without taking a bunch of steps. Electing RP is the first step to dismantling the machine. If people like what he does, they may want to take things further. Besides, nothing will change unless voters vote. Voting RP is the closest thing to voting voluntaryan.

IDefendThePlatform
05-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I post on the Iowa Hawkeye boards occasionally, but haven't ever posted anything really political. This thread has inspired me to start.

eduardo89
05-01-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm on hfboards which is a hockey forum. I also post on skyscraperpage, but the politics section is crap, only extreme lefties.

ForLibertyFight
05-01-2011, 03:02 AM
People should sign up on Iowa forums and post pro-Paul messages.

BamaFanNKy
05-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Actually, you should be able to talk Iowa Football or something of the subject.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I was at the Philly.Com forums for several years discussing the Sixers, Eagles, and Phillies (Flyers during their playoff runs). I brought up Paul a few times in 2007, and was ganged up on by quite a few posters. Sadly, the forums have now degenerated into a bunch of trolls (read: Mets fans) who constantly bait and rile up everyone else. The structure is ridiculous in that there are tens of thousands of threads with three replies each on them, as opposed to one thread with a couple dozen replies. "Great Single" is the name of a thread, for example. I encouraged them to open a "play-by-play" thread where we could discuss an entire game on one thread. "Ridiculous" was the universal reply I got to that suggestion. I eventually gave up going to that forum, and mostly read bloggers (Phillies Nation, Bleeding Green Nation, Kate Fagan on the Sixers).

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Kinda like Gary Johnson supporters posting pro-GJ messages on a Ron Paul forum?

I kid, I kid!!

But it is a relevant point. Integrate yourself first. Then when you have established banter with other posters, slowly introduce political topics.

PaulConventionWV
05-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't really like to do this since it's supposed to be a running message board, but Letsrun.com is a world-renowned running forum that also has a lot of political threads. There is a lot of adversity to Paul, but there is also quite a bit of support. I would suggest it if you are a runner. If not, you can always become one! It could use some well-educated people discussing economics, I think. There's not a lot of love on there for Hayek as it is.

BamaFanNKy
05-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't really like to do this since it's supposed to be a running message board, but Letsrun.com is a world-renowned running forum that also has a lot of political threads. There is a lot of adversity to Paul, but there is also quite a bit of support. I would suggest it if you are a runner. If not, you can always become one! It could use some well-educated people discussing economics, I think. There's not a lot of love on there for Hayek as it is.

Running? Is this for criminals trying to get away from cops. Sounds tiring. hehe

h xxp://www.hawkeyenation.com/
h xxp://www.hawkeyehideout.com/

are two Iowa ones.

PaulConventionWV
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Haha no, running the sport.

IDefendThePlatform
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Running? Is this for criminals trying to get away from cops. Sounds tiring. hehe

h xxp://www.hawkeyenation.com/
h xxp://www.hawkeyehideout.com/

are two Iowa ones.

Those are good. I've been on the rivals one off and on for a few years.

http://iowa.rivals.com/forum.asp

White Bear Lake
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm on the main rivals college football board quite a bit:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1144&fid=2150

There's usually quite a bit of good discussion there on all kinds of things from Civil War history to well, college football.

I also visit Gopher Hole, Football's Future, City-Data, and SkyscraperPage. I only try to post about politics when it comes up or in the politics section. This works best if you're atleast a somewhat frequent poster on the site and aren't just trolling for Paul.

BamaFanNKy
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Always look for the non-rivals sites as well. Little more wide open.