PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Success of the May 5th Debate + Moneybomb Crucial to my Decision!

MRoCkEd
04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
From Ron Paul's latest email:

This Thursday, May 5th, I have agreed to participate in the Fox News debate in Greenville, South Carolina. The debate itself will be a major factor in determining if we launch a full-fledged campaign later in the month.

There is another factor we will consider as well.

The Grassroots have been organizing a Money Bomb on the day of the debate, and its success is crucial to my final decision. Our team will have a counter up at our new website, www.RonPaul2012.com, for all the world to see.

A call to action:

1. RSVP for the Debate Day Moneybomb by clicking here. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176057135779358) (If you don't have a Facebook, pledge here (http://www.debateday.com/).)

2. Attend the South Carolina debate in person. Click here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286770-May-5th-Debate-Greenville-SC-Official-Organization-Thread) for information. Act now, tickets are almost gone.

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 11:34 AM
We need a politely vocal presence at that debate!

FSP-Rebel
04-30-2011, 11:37 AM

Anyone know if the SC C4L and those of surrounding states are orchestrating anything for this? If not, now would be a good time to start.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-30-2011, 11:45 AM
The moneybomb is very understandable, but I'm not sure what his criteria are for determining debate success. By the sounds of it, this debate seems a little premature since it's only going to be Pawlenty and a few minor candidates, unless someone unexpected shows up.

I get the feeling we have to hit a solid million or better with the moneybomb for it to really seem like a success.

Romulus
04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Not sure what defines debate success either? We need a vocal presence yes, but a polite one! And lets hope its not one of those hold your applause type forums.

nayjevin
04-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Have a debate party!

fade
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Not sure what defines debate success either? We need a vocal presence yes, but a polite one! And lets hope its not one of those hold your applause type forums.

will they have a text-in vote to see who was the winner? That would be a big indicator to RP in my opinion.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Hmmm...pretty hard for most of us living outside SC to do much about the debate, other than vote RP as winner and promote the moneybomb. We better focus on raising that money!

Romulus
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
will they have a text-in vote to see who was the winner? That would be a big indicator to RP in my opinion.

Yes lets hope Fox is honest about the text results too..

And I think RP supporters should ONLY be vocal on what RP SAYS! Not applauding any other candidate, even if they pay phony lip service to OUR message.

Koz
04-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I was thinking we need to hit the $2 million mark with the money bomb.

trey4sports
04-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that when Ron says his running for President is dependent on our enthusiasm, what he is really saying is he'll run if we pelt Hannity with enough snowballs :D

BamaAla
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM

Word! I was going to go, but the tornadoes changed my plans. My girlfriend and her father along with a few other Alabama Ron Paulers are going to go up. I hope we are in the majority or at least a plurality.

RPIdeaMan08
04-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Why can't the facebook page mention it? Out of 300,000 I think we'd get at least 5% or 15,000 new people to donate. On avg. during money bombs people donate $110. if it's just $100, and ten thousand more people donate it's 1.5 million dollars. In addition to the 2 million we will already get, that's 3.5 and pretty good.

cdc482
04-30-2011, 04:13 PM
From Ron Paul's latest email:

A call to action:

1. RSVP for the Debate Day Moneybomb by clicking here. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176057135779358) (If you don't have a Facebook, pledge here (http://www.debateday.com/).)

2. Attend the South Carolina debate in person. Click here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286770-May-5th-Debate-Greenville-SC-Official-Organization-Thread) for information. Act now, tickets are almost gone.

Which I could attend. I have a final on Friday!! I will be at the next debate for sure

Zatch
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM

We need some Ron Paul supporters to be there too. lol

rp08orbust
04-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Why can't the facebook page mention it? Out of 300,000 I think we'd get at least 5% or 15,000 new people to donate. On avg. during money bombs people donate $110. if it's just $100, and ten thousand more people donate it's 1.5 million dollars. In addition to the 2 million we will already get, that's 3.5 and pretty good.

The average donation in Ron Paul moneybombs has been closer to $70.

TheTyke
04-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes lets hope Fox is honest about the text results too..

And I think RP supporters should ONLY be vocal on what RP SAYS! Not applauding any other candidate, even if they pay phony lip service to OUR message.

I agree! Cheers for Ron, dead silence for the others. That was awesome at the Coal Rally when there were crickets when Trey Grayson took the stage... I think it's the model we should follow for our interactions with opposing candidates.

sailingaway
04-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Word! I was going to go, but the tornadoes changed my plans. My girlfriend and her father along with a few other Alabama Ron Paulers are going to go up. I hope we are in the majority or at least a plurality.

Polite is key. We are trying to make friends and influence people.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I agree! Cheers for Ron, dead silence for the others. That was awesome at the Coal Rally when there were crickets when Trey Grayson took the stage... I think it's the model we should follow for our interactions with opposing candidates.

I know Barbour isn't running, but if he were and spouted something of a non-interventionist foreign policy, we shouldn't applaud?

Ron himself always said it is about the ideas, not the man. If the ideas are good, he is more than satisfied being an influence. If we only applaud Ron, it will seem like the John Stossel show audience (the exact opposite, yet identical, of the Morton Downey Jr. Audience in 1988).

Then again, the good ideas being said by folks that don't mean a word they say probably shouldn't be applauded.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
That's a lot of pressure for us to perform this early in the season. :(

pacelli
04-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry but in order for me to make my decision, I'm going to need to see a candidate that has ZERO RELUCTANCE and is MOTIVATED TO WIN. This string-along bullshit makes me think that Benton & et al are going to milk Ron Paul Corporation for all we're worth.

nayjevin
04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry but in order for me to make my decision, I'm going to need to see a candidate that has ZERO RELUCTANCE and is MOTIVATED TO WIN. This string-along bullshit makes me think that Benton & et al are going to milk Ron Paul Corporation for all we're worth.

Well that's how Gary's trying to brand himself, I presume because there's been so much trolling about 'education campaigns' somehow being a bad thing, which has caused the illusion of mass discontent of Ron's unaggressive nature.

But if you're on top of the news and subscribed to Ron's email lists, there really hasn't been much doubt. I don't think it's been a string-along at all.

trey4sports
04-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Ron has been AGGRESSIVE! Did you see him practically knock out Cenk ? Ron is ready to win baby!

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 06:19 PM
But if you're on top of the news and subscribed to Ron's email lists, there really hasn't been much doubt. I don't think it's been a string-along at all.

I agree. What Ron is saying is "Look, Novemeber 5th and December 16th were unbelievable, and I will always be eternally grateful for those two magical days, but they came far too late. I have a chance to actually win the Presidency this time, and if I can't raise a decent amount of money just as the campaign starts, it will be a sign that the people that donated on November 5th and December 16th aren't around anymore". We need to find all those folks and get them involved in this one. If we can raise $2 million like The Collins said, that will be a good enough start. If we surpass November 5th, OH MY GOD. If we surpass December 16th, HOLY SHITE!

For the money bomb, we should not wait until the evening before we donate. All the money has to go in as early as possible. Then when the people wake up and see CNN talking about 2 million raised in 12 hours, it could snowball, and Ron could have an unbelievable amount of money fundraised just as the debate is about to begun. Then he can say "I was right in 2007. Heck, I was right back in 1988. And now the American people agree with me. Our numbers are growing. In fact, 100,000 people donated $75 each to my campaign just today!"

ETA - We should underpromise and over deliver. I think we should "guess" that only $1,000,000 will be raised in 24 hours to our friends. Then if we massively overachieve, it could push a lot of people off the fence and onto RP 2012.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Ron has been AGGRESSIVE! Did you see him practically knock out Cenk ? Ron is ready to win baby!

+Rep

Ron is all-in. No questions asked. So are The Judge and Stossel.

Michigan11
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
He's saying.... ARE YOU WITH ME? (Think of the movie 300)

Basically it's time to rally the entire base and get ready! and wake up from our slumber party

Paul4Prez
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM
This money bomb has had very little time to get organized, and not many people are paying attention yet. I would downplay expectations and then hope to exceed them. It has to be 1 million plus, but I wouldn't count on 4 or 6 just yet. I agree with the strategy of going in early on May 5th, to try to prime the pump and wake up the rest of Ron Paul nation.

qwerty
05-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Spread the word people!!!!

qwerty
05-01-2011, 09:20 AM
vote up in reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/h1cd4/ron_paul_success_of_the_may_5th_debate_moneybomb/

pacelli
05-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Well that's how Gary's trying to brand himself, I presume because there's been so much trolling about 'education campaigns' somehow being a bad thing, which has caused the illusion of mass discontent of Ron's unaggressive nature.

Not quite sure how this is related to my comment at all, I was only talking about Ron Paul. If Ron Paul does not run, I will not vote.

Trigonx
05-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Just imagine the toll this campaign will have on Ron Paul since his chances to win are MUCH MUCH higher than last time. He can't take the leap into something like this if he can't get the right support to help weather the storm that will come. No one likes to lose, so if Ron runs I think he will do it with every intention to win, because he knows we are behind him(that is assuming this money bomb is a huge success). We need to remove all the doubt from his mind with this Money Bomb.

nayjevin
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Not quite sure how this is related to my comment at all, I was only talking about Ron Paul. If Ron Paul does not run, I will not vote.

Glad to hear that, You'd said you were frustrated about the string-along, and from my view there hasn't been one. FEC rules dictate what he can say and when, how he can raise money etc. He's taken the smart route regarding media cycles and PEC rules. We're supposed to understand, and careful reading of the emails does it IMO.

qwerty
05-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Come on people!

Do everything you can to promote this event! :)

truthspeaker
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
The moneybomb is a good idea. I mean, the Los Angeles Times just said that RP was in the "not a high tier candidate" category.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-fox-south-carolina-debate-20110503,0,4969337.story

On another note, I'm excited for Dr. Paul. I'm praying for a good and fair debate.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
I mean, the Los Angeles Times just said that RP was in the "not a high tier candidate" category.The conspicuous thing is how many people, from all sides, make a point of saying that. It's one of those "if you say it often enough" things.