PDA

View Full Version : What Should Ron's Debate Strategy Be For May 5th?

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Any message he should really drive home?

Any specific arguments?

Should Ron call out anyone specifically?

Thoughts?

PS - I'd love if Ron threw a shot out against against Romney.

eduardo89
04-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Did Pawlenty ever raise taxes?

And if they bring up electability, didn't Buddy Roemer come in third behind white supremacist David Duke when he ran for reelection?

teacherone
04-30-2011, 10:53 AM
talk slowly and deliberately.

condense talking points.

Bruno
04-30-2011, 10:53 AM

condense talking points.

this

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Did Pawlenty ever raise taxes?

Somebody posted the debt he left MN with.

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 10:54 AM

condense talking points.

Yes.

eduardo89
04-30-2011, 10:55 AM

condense talking points.

Yeah Ron has a tendency to rant a bit in his answers. He needs to go slowly and be concise. And he needs some sound bites and maybe a bit of humor, people vote on personality as much as on the issues.

UtahApocalypse
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Point out that the economy did exactly what he said it would.

AuH20
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
He needs real numbers to back up his arguments. That's what Rand is so good at. Fleshing out his arguments with raw data.

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Ron has the opportunity to really take some shots at these big government Republicans.

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
He needs real numbers to back up his arguments. That's what Rand is so good at. Fleshing out his arguments with raw data.

Yes, very good point. Rand about single-handedly made the deficit important to talk about again.

The Dark Knight
04-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Talk about the Economy and the dollar and bash Obama's Libya policy and explain that this in once again a reason for Non intervention.

Sola_Fide
04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
What really worked for Rand in KY is that he was cast as "the only true conservative in the race". When Palin and Bunning came through, it sealed Trey's fate. I wonder if this could work primary-wide?

Shane Harris
04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
he needs to say that he was the only one who warned congress about the housing collapse years beforehand. and no one listened. he needs to stress that he has been consistent and RIGHT and no one has listened. he needs to say listen to me now. i know what to do. i know whats coming. dont listen to the same people who gave us our other problems who didnt see them coming. tell them that without avoiding the impending economic apocalypse there will be no more freedom to defend. and that every issue must be an economic issue or we are done. they cannot afford to dismiss his concerns again. or it will be their children and grandchildren who will be slaves in thr new dark age following a world war over the control of money

Shane Harris
04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
not to fear monger. but its true

Romulus
04-30-2011, 12:08 PM
I think Ron has the opportunity to really take some shots at these big government Republicans.

Yes, THIS is what he should do. I think he needs to expose them as liberals and sell himself as a Conservative. Not just try to educate with his arguments. If he wants to win, he has to get personal with those liberal clowns on stage.

Instead of asking why HE is out of step with the party, show how the others ARE.

AND yes talk about Financials and govt spending - basically mirror Rands performance.

Brett85
04-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Ron should only talk about foreign policy issues when actually asked about it.

teacherone
04-30-2011, 12:14 PM

and then stick to the constitutional and financial reasons for lessening our involvement.

Romulus
04-30-2011, 12:26 PM

and then stick to the constitutional and financial reasons for lessening our involvement.

yes and yes with a BOLD emphasis on the Financial aspect - again Rands key to victory.

Matt Collins
04-30-2011, 08:22 PM
We MUST raise $2 million for the Money Bomb!!!

The Dark Knight
04-30-2011, 10:41 PM
I think the debates will be different from 08. Ron is now seen as mainstream and I think a lot of candidates will try and use his talking points. One place Ron can stand out is to bring troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan. call it Obama's war and also bash on the Libya war

low preference guy
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Tell it like it is.

Other than that, I would like Ron Paul to call for eliminating the income tax in every speech or debate he appears on.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-01-2011, 12:01 AM

condense talking points.

and then stick to the constitutional and financial reasons for lessening our involvement.Agreed on all of these.

MaxPower
05-01-2011, 12:13 AM
He should be sure to clearly point out- since the emphasis will be on spending and debt- that he is the only one there who has a real, consistent financially conservative record in public office; that he has remained consistent on the issues from administration to administration, that he opposed the TARP bailouits, the Stimulus package, Obamacare, Medicare Part D, etc.; that no other major candidate can make that claim.

Additionally, I agree he should make a point of speaking slowly and succinctly; if he gets to talking quickly and topically-meandering, he may lose the listeners' interest and/or understanding, especially if he trips over some of his words, as he does at times tend to do.

Kregisen
05-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I agree with everyone else. In every debate mention these:

1. He was the only one on stage to predict the housing bubble.

2. He wants to eliminate the personal income tax.

3. attack others for their liberal views especially romney, pawlenty, and huckabee if he runs.

4. when talking about foreign policy, mention stats on how much money we spend on it, call the wars "Obama's wars" and talk about Libya as more of the same.

If he does these there's no reason why he won't gain millions of voters. Who in their right mind wouldn't vote for the only candidate who predicted the housing bubble, and the only candidate who has a plan to eliminate the personal income tax??

S.Shorland
05-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Don't be apologetic.BE the President.It is obvious that Americans expect their leader to be an alpha male.Tell them how it is and how it's going to be.

ForLibertyFight
05-01-2011, 02:53 AM
- Highlight his conservative record
- Discuss about the problems and why we are in this mess
- EXPLAIN to the voters how he plans to change the country in detail.

S.Shorland
05-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Or he could just say the below,so after the dust settles,you know to what extent the lunacy of your 'leadership' extended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjzrYZan3J0