PDA

View Full Version : Please don't wait! Donate today!

chowda
10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
If you are holding out your single donation to make it on a special day (as opposed to waiting to make an additional donation on that day)... please don't wait. The campaign needs your money TODAY. These last few days have been the worst fundraising days since the first week of the quarter. I notice Huckabee's donations have dried up a little too, so maybe it's got nothing to do with up coming events... but even so, 10 more days like this looks bad for the campaign and for us. We REALLY need to catch up.

I have removed the spike from my graphs, partly to show how far behind we are...

read about it here:

http://ronpaulgraphs.blogspot.com/2007/10/no-more-spike.html

I'm not disparaging these wonderful money bomb events... I think they are very exciting and fill a need in the community for more short term goals and interesting events to participate in throughout the quarter. The problem is that there is a possibility that the campaign will have to change its plans and buy less air time, because they have no idea how profitable these money bomb events will be. I've been thinking alot about these events from the perspective of someone trying to plan a massive national campaign based on incoming donations... I'm sure it's amazing stressful and difficult, especially not knowing if your funds drying up is natural, or due to self organized events with the best intentions hold back funds...

again, I still think these events are really amazing... unprecedented even.. but please think about the effects on short and long term planning... If you've only got $100 to give to the campaign... give at least $50 today.

dan

nayjevin
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
again, I still think these events are really amazing... unprecedented even.. but please think about the effects on short and long term planning... If you've only got $100 to give to the campaign... give at least $50 today.

yup. i from here forward pledge to donate on payday, as soon as I can. No more 'strategic timing' of donations - the sooner the better.

chowda
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
yup. i from here forward pledge to donate on payday, as soon as I can. No more 'strategic timing' of donations - the sooner the better.

Awesome, thanks.

this graph is a bit scary...

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_US_pc_donors.png

JAHOGS
10-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I totally agree. I was going to only be able to give $50 for the Nov. 5th event. But today I am going to give $25 of it today and the other $25 on Nov. 5th. We really need to get close to $3 million this month. Let's not all hold out, throw $5 bucks towards this month if you can.

davidhperry
10-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for pointing this out - we really needs to get these averages up.

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
We all need to continue donating.

KewlRonduderules
10-26-2007, 10:19 AM
OK, I donated. Sorry I could not give more. I don't want to go over my limit. :o

Plus, I had to donate to my local chipin in Mercer County:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=318084#post318084

:)

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T69930-98222401

me3
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
The campaign really needs to fire off an email for a general fund raising drive. You can only tap the same people so many times before they dry up.

chowda
10-26-2007, 10:22 AM
thanks guys!

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_lastweek_vs_thisweek.png

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
The campaign needs to have a drive to gain new supporters who are willing to donate! For example, they need to have a campaign where 10,000 new people donate. There could be a chart on the front page.

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 10:26 AM
aargh I had fraud on my credit card, so all I have now is a gimped-up ATM card. Ugh. Sent a check in yesterday, I hope it goes through before the end of the week!

Man from La Mancha
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Who cares, they ain't spending all their money at once and if it slows a little now and bombs on Nov5th it will give more bang for the buck by extra PR. If the media even cares about the drop in donations. Give now, not much PR till quarters over give millions on the 5th more PR now and more people joining up. Remember, Remember, Paul's 5th of November.

chowda
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Who cares, they ain't spending all their money at once and if it slows a little now and bombs on Nov5th it will give more bang for the buck by extra PR. If the media even cares about the drop in donations. Give now, not much PR till quarters over give millions on the 5th more PR now and more people joining up. Remember, Remember, Paul's 5th of November.

I'm not asking anyone to give up on the 5th... Just those that only have one donation to give... The PR will be awesome and the event will be exciting and inspiring... but inspiration doesn't help a campaign make long term decisions... 10 days is a long time this close to the primaries.

mavtek
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Too tapped, sorry they'll have to make do with 2.5 Million this month, who knows though Maybe Leno will provide a jolt we need! I am going to have more money on November 5th, don't forget it's looking a lot like more than $1 million will be coming in that day.

Also don't forget the Hollywood fundraiser.

chowda
10-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Too tapped, sorry they'll have to make do with 2.5 Million this month, who knows though Maybe Leno will provide a jolt we need! I am going to have more money on November 5th, don't forget it's looking a lot like more than $1 million will be coming in that day.

Also don't forget the Hollywood fundraiser.

No problem Mavtek. I realized it's the end of the month and many are strapped for cash (including me) I'm just hoping to avoid 4 really bad days in a row. It's a bit demoralizing and might adversely effect the planning options available to the campaign... Leno is 4 days away and nov 5th is 10 days... thats a really long time right now for the campaign.. The primaries are looming large and we need to get the message on the MSM airwaves.

chowda
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Dear Dan B,

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

69956-044538245L279084L

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_danb_donations.png

hopeforamerica
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
If you are strapped for cash, work the myspace project!! Still looking for volunteers. I'm amazed we don't have enough volunteers with the amount of people on this forum. We are all great at typing lol! It's really easy and fun!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25583

BillyDkid
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
You will find on 11/5 that you have nothing to be fretting about. I gave$175.00 this month and I'm sorry, I'm giving $100.00 on the 5th along with 9 or 10 thousand other people. It will be very cool.

chowda
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
You will find on 11/5 that you have nothing to be fretting about. I gave$175.00 this month and I'm sorry, I'm giving $100.00 on the 5th along with 9 or 10 thousand other people. It will be very cool.

Billy, Thanks for all your donations! again... I think nov 5 is going to be cool... but the problem is the 10 days until then. This is no longer a matter of shooting for huge totals at the end of the month... this is it... By the time the Q4 numbers are released in Q108 this campaign is either on fire or over. They are spending right now... today... yesterday and tomorrow. While the nov 5 thing will UNDOUBTEDLY raise a ton of money and press... it does not help the campaign with long term strategy and important decisions about current big purchases. I know there are still millions of dollars in the bank... but when you're talking about radio purchases costing half a million... how much are TV spots and production costs going to be? Now that few million doesn't seem like so much and hard choices need to be made about where to spend and where not to spend.

10 days is like 11% of the quarter!

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Billy, Thanks for all your donations! again... I think nov 5 is going to be cool... but the problem is the 10 days until then. This is no longer a matter of shooting for huge totals at the end of the month... this is it... By the time the Q4 numbers are released in Q108 this campaign is either on fire or over. They are spending right now... today... yesterday and tomorrow. While the nov 5 thing will UNDOUBTEDLY raise a ton of money and press... it does not help the campaign with long term strategy and important decisions about current big purchases. I know there are still millions of dollars in the bank... but when you're talking about radio purchases costing half a million... how much are TV spots and production costs going to be? Now that few million doesn't seem like so much and hard choices need to be made about where to spend and where not to spend.

10 days is like 11% of the quarter!

This is exactly right - the political world moves on a weird schedule, and everything has already been pushed up so there is little time left.

Mani
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29032

T69988-98234311

steph3n
10-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Give today, don't delay! :D

drain
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

TGIF
-adrian

chowda
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow.. this is great... $150 in donations in this thread alone... it looks like we'll probably beat the last two days! that's a good start.

Channing
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Since I live in Germany it's better for me wait because I have my money in Euros and with every week it seems the Dollar goes down further, thus I can donate more.

ghemminger
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:8peM269Zi89b2M:http://users.skynet.be/mbdhhttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:8peM269Zi89b2M:http://users.skynet.be/mbdh

test

chowda
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Since I live in Germany it's better for me wait because I have my money in Euros and with every week it seems the Dollar goes down further, thus I can donate more.

Are people from out of the country allowed to donate?

unklejman
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Today is payday.

From this morning:

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

schmeisser
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!

Contribution received!
Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

Channing
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Are people from out of the country allowed to donate?

US nationals living overseas can donate.

chowda
10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Awesome! unklejman and schmeisser, you guys totally rock! $250 from this thread!

The donations have been picking up... this will be the 2nd or 3rd best day of the week!

Thanks Channing, I didn't know that... I guess I should have assumed it though... thanks for helping out all the way from Europe!

I had to blog specifically about this issue... I've been getting alot of feedback... and some hate mail

http://ronpaulgraphs.blogspot.com/2007/10/on-moneybombs-and-november-5th.html

NinjaPirate
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM

We all should invest in the Euro, haha.