PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Best Ron Paul 2012 Video So Far! Absolutely!

qwerty
04-30-2011, 03:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2paF4b7kao

Vote up in REDDIT!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/h0r9s/wow_best_ron_paul_2012_video_so_far_absolutely/

emazur
04-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Very nicely done. And things are just getting warmed up

qwerty
04-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Bump

Immortal Technique
04-30-2011, 07:38 AM
heres a higher res copy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4mTx96Eag

Lothario
04-30-2011, 07:53 AM
heres a higher res copy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4mTx96Eag

better res = much better.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Qwerty, that video was made by Swatmc and he made a thread about this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289756-New-video-I-put-together-that-will-hopefully-fire-up-the-Revolution-just-a-little-bit...)that fell into Page 2 on General Politics. (YouTube account is also Swatmc). Are you the person who runs "The Channel Of Liberty"?. If so, why did you rip his video without giving him any credit? And the ripped video in question is a poorer copy than his original. Doesn't it make more sense for us as a movement to have a single video out there with as many hits as possible? I do rip videos, but only to add captions and subtitles to them, and I always try to credit the owner who made the original video.

If I recall correctly, TheChannelOfLiberty ripped the video I made called "Ron Paul's Transition Plan" and may have also done so for "An Appeal To The Left" without giving me any credit whatsoever. And what was more insulting was that the ripped videos did not have closed captioning like the original video did. The captioning feature can easily be turned off with a single click on the red (CC) button at the bottom right of every YouTube video.

I'm not trying to create a war here, but I AM trying to figure out the reasoning for TheChannelOfLiberty to rip videos when the original was much better and without crediting the original.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 08:04 AM
We could get into a massive discussion here on IP issues, but if you HAVE to rip videos, all I'm asking here is that you credit the people who took the time and effort to create the original video and offer a link to the original video in the "video description" section. It's not that hard. Seriously.

Lothario
04-30-2011, 08:16 AM
if you HAVE to rip videos, all I'm asking here is that you credit the people

AND maintain the integrity of the original quality, instead of the crappy res above.

qwerty
04-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Bump!

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Bump!

No comments or responses whatsoever to what I asked of you? Come on!

doodle
04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Mitt Romney wants to double gitmo.
That Michelle Malkin sumbag who runs hotair website says RP really has no business being on stage.

Let's hope Obama would not drop Romney and Malkin outside greenzone in cuba Abu grraib style.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM
This cartoon deserves more views as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxca8hhGhs

Nate-ForLiberty
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Qwerty, that video was made by Swatmc and he made a thread about this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289756-New-video-I-put-together-that-will-hopefully-fire-up-the-Revolution-just-a-little-bit...)that fell into Page 2 on General Politics. (YouTube account is also Swatmc). Are you the person who runs "The Channel Of Liberty"?. If so, why did you rip his video without giving him any credit? And the ripped video in question is a poorer copy than his original. Doesn't it make more sense for us as a movement to have a single video out there with as many hits as possible? I do rip videos, but only to add captions and subtitles to them, and I always try to credit the owner who made the original video.

If I recall correctly, TheChannelOfLiberty ripped the video I made called "Ron Paul's Transition Plan" and may have also done so for "An Appeal To The Left" without giving me any credit whatsoever. And what was more insulting was that the ripped videos did not have closed captioning like the original video did. The captioning feature can easily be turned off with a single click on the red (CC) button at the bottom right of every YouTube video.

I'm not trying to create a war here, but I AM trying to figure out the reasoning for TheChannelOfLiberty to rip videos when the original was much better and without crediting the original.

Although I understand your reasoning and position here, I disagree. If Swatmc wants to make sure everyone knows that he made this video he should put his name in the video. A quick credit at the beginning or end or a watermark throughout. If Swatmc really believes in Intellectual Property, he would never have made a video made up entirely of other people's content. The nature of this movement is the free spreading of information, which some may argue, is the antithesis of IP rights. Is it polite to link to the original and give credit to the creator of the video? Of course. But what are you going to do if 1000 people rip the video and don't give credit? Harass every one of them. Easier and better to just put your name on the product, or, and I believe this would be better, just put it out there and let go of any credit you might receive.

*As a side note, with Youtube's war on copyright infringers, it's not a bad idea to have many copies of the video out there on youtube, and vimeo, and whatever other service there may be.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Although I understand your reasoning and position here, I disagree. If Swatmc wants to make sure everyone knows that he made this video he should put his name in the video. A quick credit at the beginning or end or a watermark throughout. If Swatmc really believes in Intellectual Property, he would never have made a video made up entirely of other people's content. The nature of this movement is the free spreading of information, which some may argue, is the antithesis of IP rights. Is it polite to link to the original and give credit to the creator of the video? Of course. But what are you going to do if 1000 people rip the video and don't give credit? Harass every one of them. Easier and better to just put your name on the product, or, and I believe this would be better, just put it out there and let go of any credit you might receive.

*As a side note, with Youtube's war on copyright infringers, it's not a bad idea to have many copies of the video out there on youtube, and vimeo, and whatever other service there may be.

Yeah, you have good points. The bolded portions, especially. I just think whoever ripped the video could have the courtesy of crediting the original and at the very least, using the same quality definition. The poor definition hurts the quality of the video and its' visceral impact. It's especially galling when both are members of the forum and one has already made a thread about this video that got complimented by many of us, whereas the other rips it, produces a lower quality video, does not credit the original, and then has the gall to create a reddit thread with the lower quality video.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, you have good points. The bolded portions, especially. I just think whoever ripped the video could have the courtesy of crediting the original and at the very least, using the same quality definition. The poor definition hurts the quality of the video and its' visceral impact. It's especially galling when both are members of the forum and one has already made a thread about this video that got complimented by many of us, whereas the other rips it, produces a lower quality video, does not credit the original, and then has the gall to create a reddit thread with the lower quality video.

I'd imagine that qwerty wasn't aware of the original thread or the fact that he re-uploaded a video of lesser quality (youtube can be a pain sometimes). Also, it seems as if he's trying to create a hub of liberty videos. There is nothing wrong with what he's doing except for the fact that maybe he's not quite aware that he might be stepping on some egos. I had to learn the same thing back on Nov 5, 2010 when we had the moneybomb for all our liberty candidates. I took up the task of creating ThisNovember5th youtube channel, which had playlists for all the candidates. To make sure there would be no broken links, etc, I ripped and re-uploaded all the videos. The only complaint i received was from someone running a youtube channel with the original "What If" video of Ron Paul's speech. This person wasn't even the creator of the video. And he complained even though I credited and linked to the original. It wasn't about what was right, it was about ego and having the biggest view count. More people visited ThisNovember5th because of the event. After the event, I took it down. It had served it's purpose. I wasn't out doing this for me or to create a persistent channel. Nor was I trying to steal accolades from anyone. It was about the cause.

Anyway, the point is, if I was to spend a good amount of time making digital content that I knew was going to be copied to no end (being that's what I wanted!!), I'd digitally put my name on it (if I wanted to be acknowledged). Making a fuss about having your toes stepped on in a movement that is all about Freedom is a little silly.

Next time, just politely ask the re-uploader to link to the original, which I'm sure they would be happy to do. No need to cry foul and point. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Nate-ForLiberty
04-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Also, in regard to youtube's ranking/promotion system, it is difficult to 1) get a video ranked high enough to be seen 2) keep a video up there for an extended period of time.

Maybe a better way of promoting a video is to create thousands and thousands of instances of it, so when people search those particular terms it comes up...a lot.

Anyone more familiar with youtube want to weigh in on that?

swatmc
04-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Do whatever you want with the video. Try to link to my youtube page if you can because I am going to try and work on some more videos.

UtahApocalypse
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
This cartoon deserves more views as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxca8hhGhs

lol we need to make this go viral.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Duly noted, folks. As I said before, I did not intend to start a war. I'll shut up.

And yes, that animated video ALSO needs to go viral.

Wren
04-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Give credit to the video creator and link to his/her video otherwise you'll just split the view count.

qwerty
05-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Getting much views!!! :)