PDA

View Full Version : Senior Prank Led to Pennsylvania School Lockdown

Anti Federalist
04-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Senior Prank Led to Pennsylvania School Lockdown

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/29/senior-prank-led-pennsylvania-school-lockdown/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Interna l+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

PITTSBURGH -- A lockdown at a Catholic high school in central Pennsylvania was caused by two students from a nearby public school who posed as janitors as part of a senior prank that prompted a police response.

St. Marys police Chief Todd Caltagarone told The Associated Press on Friday that two 18-year-old students from St. Marys Area High school will be charged by summons early next week for the incident at Elk County Catholic High School, also in St. Marys, about 100 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

(snip)

"We don't live in the same society we lived in 20 years ago. Everything's taken very seriously as well as it should be," Kearney said. "It used to be two kids could get into a fight and the next day they were friends, where now if there's any kind of fighting at all the police are called."

Kearney acknowledged the student likely meant no harm -- but said she was grateful for the police response. St. Marys Area High School also was locked down as a precaution, she said.

"Students need to be careful about the decisions they make because the consequences are more serious and long-lasting these days," she said.

Anti Federalist
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
The last quotes of fawning glee at the Sturmtruppen response is telling, and fits in with what I have been mulling over for the last few days:

The loss of liberty just over the last 20 to 30 years and the scary way that is just accepted as a positive norm.

Tell me, Miss Kearney, why is that "as it should be"?

Why should it be considered normal to have a paramilitary force "lockdown" your facility because of a teenage stunt?

Because of the statistically insignificant chance of a "school shooter" that would have done his damage long before any state badges showed up?

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2011, 09:37 PM
The last quotes of fawning glee at the Sturmtruppen response is telling, and fits in with what I have been mulling over for the last few days:

The loss of liberty just over the last 20 to 30 years and the scary way that is just accepted as a positive norm.

Why should it be considered normal to have a paramilitary force "lockdown" your facility because of a teenage stunt?

Because of the statistically insignificant chance of a "school shooter" that would have done his damage long before any state badges showed up?
Indeed, this is very disturbing. When I was in high school (just over a decade ago), this kind of prank would have incurred a suspension for a while (perhaps expulsion). Now they bring in the fuckin cops? WTF?

DamianTV
04-30-2011, 02:02 AM
They are no longer Schools. They are Indoctrination Centers. Why do you think they have such strict rules about what type of silverware you can eat with?

kah13176
04-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Jury better nullify the shit out of this. Jury members need to know that they have the right to vote however they want. If they don't agree with something, they almost always vote for the existing law anyways. Why?!

Vessol
04-30-2011, 02:10 AM

Obviously the next step is to harness all children to their seats. Moving them around via controls in Central Command. Shuffling to and from classes, going to the cafeteria to get their GOVERNMENT APPROVED ONLY lunches and then back to their classrooms that are behind 3-inch thick steel doors. Anyone who wishes to enter the school and is not a employee or student will need to go through a three week government background check.

I wonder if Miss Kearney would be against this.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Obviously the next step is to harness all children to their seats. Moving them around via controls in Central Command. Shuffling to and from classes, going to the cafeteria to get their GOVERNMENT APPROVED ONLY lunches and then back to their classrooms that are behind 3-inch thick steel doors. Anyone who wishes to enter the school and is not a employee or student will need to go through a three week government background check.

I wonder if Miss Kearney would be against this.

"The magnets, always with the magnets!!"

+rep to the first person who knows what that is referring to. LoL

BlackTerrel
04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
What was the prank?

tangent4ronpaul
04-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Simpsons:

Skinner: [talking with his teachers]
Just think what we can buy with that money...
History books that know how the Korean War came out.
Math books that don't have that base six crap in them!
And a state-of-the-art detention hall [holds up a scale model]
where children are held in place with magnets.
Teacher: [to no one in particular] Magnets. Always with the magnets...
-- ``Dog of Death''

Dr.3D
04-30-2011, 09:57 PM
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

Somebody saw this coming down the tracks, years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VUhoD3vM9Q

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Simpsons:

Skinner: [talking with his teachers]
Just think what we can buy with that money...
History books that know how the Korean War came out.
Math books that don't have that base six crap in them!
And a state-of-the-art detention hall [holds up a scale model]
where children are held in place with magnets.
Teacher: [to no one in particular] Magnets. Always with the magnets...
-- ``Dog of Death''

No fair "googling" but still good for a rep.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/8F17.html

If you had written "Krabappel" instead of "teacher" you would have fooled me.