PDA

View Full Version : RP love fest on Special Report w/ Bret Brair just now - FOX

tangent4ronpaul
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Really fair representation of his positions and about 7 minuted long. This was apparently part of a week long series on potential presidential candidates.

Do not see the video posted, but it may bee too soon. They do have a clip called "Ron Paul for president" from the 26th, though.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/

Yeah - they have 6 or 7 clips up from yesterday, but only 2 up from today - looks like it hasn't been posted yet. It should show up under latest video's.

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
I love it everytime they credit Dr. Paul with starting the tea party. It drives the tea-ocons insane.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
As I pointed out in another thread, this was more of what is referred to here as "stroke stroke stab". Towards the end they had Larry Sabato saying that Ron Paul was a long shot and that he would admit that! :mad:

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-29-2011, 05:06 PM
I love it everytime they credit Dr. Paul with starting the tea party. It drives the tea-ocons insane.It drives liberals insane too. They really want to widen the divide between the GOP and Ron Paul supporters.

RileyE104
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Towards the end they had Larry Sabato saying that Ron Paul was a long shot and that he would admit that! :mad:

In the current status of America, he is still technically a long-shot.

BUT, such a title (in Ron's case) can be snapped in quite a quick manner, considering how the upcoming debate goes and depending on what happens to the economy within the next few months.

Also, if he can keep getting a great deal of coverage from the media, he has a real chance to take over the GOP.

Chieppa1
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I love it everytime they credit Dr. Paul with starting the tea party. It drives the tea-ocons insane.

I ton of them just NEVER knew that. I used to laugh, now I education. Mostly done on Twitter.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
In the current status of America, he is still technically a long-shot.But why do they have to inject that into every piece they do on him? They never say that about any other candidate, including Haley Barbour who just dropped out from lack of support.

It just demonstrates their unfair agenda to sabotage his chances in the race. We saw it in '07-'08 and it still continues today.

Wren
04-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Wow did they just say that RP was the one who inspired the tea party? They're actually being truthful? This is so damn surreal..

Wren
04-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I could watch this thing over and over and over :)

Shane Harris
04-29-2011, 05:21 PM
they never call gingrich or pawlenty a long shot but they poll basically the same numbers. and this far out there are only a few true long shots

IDefendThePlatform
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
In the current status of America, he is still technically a long-shot.

BUT, such a title (in Ron's case) can be snapped in quite a quick manner, considering how the upcoming debate goes and depending on what happens to the economy within the next few months.

Also, if he can keep getting a great deal of coverage from the media, he has a real chance to take over the GOP.

I would also add winning the Ames straw poll as a way to lessen this kind of crap. I think him winning cpac two years in a row has already helped somewhat.

freshjiva
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
It wasn't exactly a "love-fest". It was quite objective and really just told the truth.

The guy from University of Virginia, however, was out of line when he thinks Paul is the "longest of longshots". Hey Larry, you think Herman Cain or Tim Pawlenty, neither of which are polling any higher than 5%, has a better chance of winning the nomination?

Shane Harris
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
he polls ahead of pawlenty, santorum, bachman and everyone other than romney, huck, sarah and trump. daniels hasnt even shown major interest. chris christie has flat out said hes not running. and yet everyone on fox says all these noncandidates are "serious" and yet ron is a long shot. bull

take out trump huck and sarah and its ron and mitt.

ds21089
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow did they just say that RP was the one who inspired the tea party? They're actually being truthful? This is so damn surreal..

Yeah ONLY because the tea party is losing popularity after being hijacked. If the tea party were the most popular thing in America, you know damn well they wouldn't credit him with it.

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 05:34 PM
It drives liberals insane too. They really want to widen the divide between the GOP and Ron Paul supporters.

well thats because they teaocons support a liberal foreign policy. they are in the same camp.

IndianaPolitico
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Very nice segment! I enjoyed it. It is nice to see the media at least talking about Ron Paul, and the message he brings to the table.

Agorism
04-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone else think we're getting an enormous amount of good media coverage as of late whether on Special Report, Beck or ingraham show or whereever. Even the Hannity show interview wasn't the worst.

truthspeaker
04-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm glad you posted this FOX link.
Here's a recent one from Glenn Beck's radio show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC4RhLUIJLk&feature=related

georgiaboy
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Anyone else think we're getting an enormous amount of good media coverage as of late whether on Special Report, Beck or ingraham show or whereever. Even the Hannity show interview wasn't the worst.

ABSOLUTELY. this video, compared to the kind of coverage we got in 2007-8, just doesn't even compare. like stepping into the bright sunshine after being in a dark movie theatre. after 2008, i'm still wary of what the media's got up their sleeve, and I still won't turn on FoxNews except for RP in debates, but for now, I'm just floored. befuddled. amazed. and, happy.

RP2012

Matt Collins
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
It wasn't exactly a "love-fest". It was quite objective and really just told the truth.

The guy from University of Virginia, however, was out of line when he thinks Paul is the "longest of longshots". Hey Larry, you think Herman Cain or Tim Pawlenty, neither of which are polling any higher than 5%, has a better chance of winning the nomination?
Well, compared to 2008, just telling the truth IS a lovefest :p

Shane Harris
04-30-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm glad you posted this FOX link.
Here's a recent one from Glenn Beck's radio show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC4RhLUIJLk&feature=related

that was really good. he had a great explanation of how he is the most pro israel.

Paulatized
04-30-2011, 10:35 AM

It seems to me the announcement of his exploratory committee came at a particularly good time, although it was announced when it was because of the upcoming debate. Trumps rantings covered this week by the media give a picture of insanity in good contrast to the truth in Ron Paul's message being covered because of the announcement.