PDA

View Full Version : NAU--Corsi on Glenn Beck Show

freelance
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Get your daily Glenn Beck fix here. Nah, j/k-- watch how NAU is coming out in the mainstream.

http://ianschwartz.com/2007/10/25/video-corsi-on-the-threat-of-a-north-american-currency/

Be sure to read the comments below the fold.

MODS: Move to Hot Topics if you think it belongs there. I don't, but that's just my opinion.

werdd
10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
If glenn hates the NAU so much, dont see why he cant endorse RP

Electric Church
10-26-2007, 10:55 AM
They must be trying to get the general public used to the idea of globalism

jmdrake
10-26-2007, 11:43 AM
If glenn hates the NAU so much, dont see why he cant endorse RP

He doesn't really hate it. He just can't deny it anymore now that Vicente Fox has spilled the beans on Larry King Live. Expect more neocons who previously dismissed this as a "conspiracy theory" to miraculously "see the light".

Regards,

John M. Drake

RP4ME
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
They must be trying to get the general public used to the idea of globalism

thats what Im thinking!!!!

freelance
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Remember that they ran a bunch of newspaper articles back last summer screaming that the whole thing was a conspiracy theory? Isn't it ironic that Vincente Fox would be the one to spill the beans to most Americans? Some financial guy spilled the beans first on CNBC, so their viewers saw it, but I'm sure most of them already knew about it.

Electric Church
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Using Vicente Fox on mainstream American media to make Mexico look like a nice place to snuggle up in bed with while sharing blankets and pillows and playing footsie under the covers. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Beerhall Agitator
10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Beck is a coward, if he had any character or backbone he'd support Ron Paul -- Paul is the only candidate speaking against everything Glen complains about

Naraku
10-26-2007, 04:18 PM
This has been predictable for a while, I was predicting there'd be some North American Union before the SPP was proposed. This is just how the process works.

Turn one thing over to a supranational body then turn something else over to some supranational body. At first they can be separate bodies but ultimately they begin to merge together.

This matter isn't discussed a great deal but the current agreements involve more than just economic issues.

In particular there's a longstanding agreement made alongside NAFTA called the NAAEC, North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation which actually has established a North American body to oversee environmental laws in North America.

There was also a piece of legislation proposed in the last Congress called North American Cooperative Security Act which called for:

(1) strengthening institutions for consultations on defense issues among the United States, Canada, and Mexico specifically through--

(A) the Joint Interagency Task Force South;

(B) the Permanent Joint Board on Defense;

(C) joint-staff talks; and

(D) senior Army border talks;

(2) proposing mechanisms to reach agreements with Canada and Mexico regarding contingency plans for responding to threats along the international borders of the United States;

(3) in consultation with Canada and Mexico, and with input from the United States Northern Command--

(A) developing bilateral and trilateral capabilities and coordination mechanisms to address common threats along shared borders; and

(B) working cooperatively to clearly limit the term `threats' to encompass only military or defense-related threats, rather than other threats to homeland security;

(4) offering technical support to willing regional parties to maintain airspace security, including consultation mechanisms with the Joint Interagency Task Force and the North American Aerospace Defense Command, to improve security in the North American and Central American airspace; and

(5) proposing mechanisms to strengthen communication information and intelligence sharing on defense issues among the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Source: GovTrack.us (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-2672)

No legislation of this effect has come up during this Congress, but it could be reintroduced.

Others have talked about including Mexico in NORAD and formation of a North American NATO-style organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the SPP is ultimately expanded to include more integration of the militaries and cooperation in regional defense. NAFTA actually started off between Canada and the U.S. so since there is already NORAD and the Joint Board of Defense for Canada and the U.S. bringing Mexico in wouldn't be hard.

This body will ultimately be different from the EU though because the structure of our governments are different from theirs.

I honestly doubt any "North American Community" will emerge soon because it's far too obvious, however the creation of several separate institution like a North American Defense Agreement. In fact, here's a paper that deals with that very thing:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:aduFNSyJZ8AJ:https://research.maxwell.af.mil/papers/ay2005/affellows/Miller.pdf+North+American+Defense+Agreement&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us&client=firefox-a#8

That mentions a proposal by a governmental group for a future Continental Defense and Security Agreement including the U.S., Canada and Mexico under a joint North American Defense Command. This deals mainly with the U.S. and Canada, but like I said the idea of expanding membership is certainly there.

I think something of that sort may be developed soon under the SPP, but I doubt Bush will reach any such agreement before his term ends, though, so it will likely be left to his successor.

mordechai
11-20-2007, 05:40 PM
His successor, Hillary Clinton. It's all happening like it happened before.

Well, almost like it happened before. :)