PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian outrage at TSA is just a smokscreen to bust TSA workers union.

Anti Federalist
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
So sez the following Alternet article:

Did You Fall for It? America's Outrage Over TSA Naked Body Scanners Was Right-Wing PR to Prevent Workers from Unionizing

http://www.alternet.org/media/150767/did_you_fall_for_it_america%27s_outrage_over_tsa_n aked_body_scanners_was_right-wing_pr_to_prevent_workers_from_unionizing?page=en tire

The right fears nothing more than unionized workers, and found a cunning way to scapegoat workers to derail a campaign to organize the TSA.

(snip)

The anti-TSA campaign was at its media-hysteria peak in the weeks after the Republican election sweep, spurred on by last year’s hero, John Tyner, who refused a pat-down, telling TSA agents, “You touch my junk and I'm going to have you arrested.” Tyner disappeared from the scene after he apologized on his blog, and admitted that he didn't tell the whole story and had actively tried to erase it (Tyner did not return our call or answer our message requesting comment).* But the slack was quickly picked up by waves of anti-TSA campaigns ever since, drawing together an alliance of rabid Christian homophobes and neo-Confederates, warmongering neocons and notorious anti-union lobbying outfits, and even a few blasts-from-the-right-wing-past, like the Rutherford Institute’s John Whitehead, a onetime Christian “reconstructionist” who all but disappeared after running Paula Jones’ sexual-harassment lawsuit against Bill Clinton in the 1990s. Whitehead, whose outfit once advocated the death penalty for homosexuals, recently re-emerged in the public eye leading several high-profile lawsuits against the TSA. Bob Barr, onetime Republican Congressman and Libertarian Party presidential candidate, added the anti-TSA campaign to his client list in his new gig as a DC lobbyist, joining Haiti dictator “Baby” Doc Duvalier as well as for-profit education. Others include the homophobic Public Advocate of the United States, a Reagan-era anti-gay group, whose leader accused the TSA of pursuing a “homosexual agenda” with its enhanced pat-downs and scans, echoing charges by the leader of the Americans for Truth about Homosexuality, who called for a prohibition of gay TSA screeners because they “might get turned on” while patting down passengers.

jmdrake
04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Just.....when.....I....thought.....leftists....cou ldn't.....sink.....any.....lower.

Working Poor
04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
AF

I have told you to stay away from places like alternet. Don't fill your pretty little head with such nonesence it only the sound of libs loosing ground

South Park Fan
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
The "progressive" left shows its true motives: Civil liberties take a backseat to their preferred interest group every time.

Anti Federalist
04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
AF

I have told you to stay away from places like alternet. Don't fill your pretty little head with such nonesence it only the sound of libs loosing ground

I have a confession to make:

I used to subscribe to The Nation, just for the chuckles of watching the leftists squabble and bicker and have snits at each other.

aGameOfThrones
04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
So... The left hate civil rights when they interfere with Union rights? The left likes little kids being touch?

ChaosControl
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't do alternet kids, it kills braincells.