PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul versus Gary Johnson Poll on NRO~~~VOTE!

libertybrewcity
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
hx xp://www.nationalreview.com/

The poll is in the middle column. Just follow it down the page until you see it.

How are we losing to GJ?

RileyE104
04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
How are we losing to GJ?

Who cares? Paul has climbed to the top of the Republican Party.

GJ is at the level where Ron was in 2007.

iamse7en
04-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Who should I vote for?

devil21
04-29-2011, 02:14 PM
wow exactly 50/50 right now! keep voting

ChrisDixon
04-29-2011, 02:14 PM
50/50 right now. Keep voting, folks. If Gary wins, there is no doubt that this poll will be utilized AGAINST Ron. It may be just a poll, but politics has a lot to do with perception. Ron lost before because the media made him out to sound like a crackjob and not viable. If it appears a man with little name recognition beats out Paul, then we've lost ground.

KevinR
04-29-2011, 02:15 PM
50/50, GJ has a good showing, but let them know Ron's the man!

RonPaulFanInGA
04-29-2011, 02:15 PM
How are we losing to GJ?

It is a neoconservative website and they'd rather see Gary Johnson as the "libertarian standard-bearer."

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
You guys are morons. This is a poll meant to divide our people (good for neo-con establishment) and label both as Libertarian not Republican (good for the neo-con establishment).

You are being played.

ChrisDixon
04-29-2011, 02:28 PM
You guys are morons. This is a poll meant to divide our people (good for neo-con establishment) and label both as Libertarian not Republican (good for the neo-con establishment).

You are being played.

It's a lose-lose for us. Because if Johnson wins, then the mainstream is going to Paul look like an idiot for not even being able to poll against a former governor with little name recognition. It's bad enough that "Ron can't win" is the favorite neoconservative line at the moment.

We're not being divided as long as we remain civil with each other. You can push for your candidate over another without becoming enemies.

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 02:30 PM
It's a lose-lose for us. Because if Johnson wins, then the mainstream is going to Paul look like an idiot for not even being able to poll against a former governor with little name recognition. It's bad enough that "Ron can't win" is the favorite neoconservative line at the moment.

We're not being divided as long as we remain civil with each other. You can push for your candidate over another without becoming enemies.

I agree but, you don't let them brand you and/or manipulate the discussion. They are doing just that. I wouldn't give these Neo-Cons the traffic or ammo.

klamath
04-29-2011, 02:37 PM
GJ is playing us.

devil21
04-29-2011, 02:37 PM

You are being played.

It's an online poll. Relax.

Zatch
04-29-2011, 02:49 PM

You are being played.

Says the guy on Team Gary. ಠ_ಠ

/s

Aldanga
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM

You are being played.
We have a winrar. Even RLC (which I thought would be uniting) has been getting in on the dividing. It's really frustrating.

Zatch
04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
We have a winrar. Even RLC (which I thought would be uniting) has been getting in on the dividing. It's really frustrating.

I haven't seen much about Ron Paul on the RLC blog lately. They are in the tank for GJ it seems.

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 02:56 PM
It's an online poll. Relax.
Online polls get reported and giving the Neo-Con website traffic=ad dollars.

Says the guy on Team Gary. ಠ_ಠ

/s

Uh, no. I am on team Liberty. I am supporting Ron and pointing out the ignorance in lying about Gary. Big difference. In fact I've been invited to GJ stuff and have not gone. I am still supporting Ron. But, dumb ass comments like this make it hard for be to be enthusiastic in support.

DXDoug
04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
voted

axiomata
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
How often do we get to vote for the greater of the two goods? I like this poll.

S.Shorland
04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Did anyone save the cache (non techie here) of the 'is Ron a joke' poll? If we win,they bin it.If we lose,they keep it.Someone just has to record and point out their bias,that's all.

Dave Aiello
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Gary Johnson jeopardizes the future of our movement.

Zatch
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Online polls get reported and giving the Neo-Con website traffic=ad dollars.

Uh, no. I am on team Liberty. I am supporting Ron and pointing out the ignorance in lying about Gary. Big difference. In fact I've been invited to GJ stuff and have not gone. I am still supporting Ron. But, dumb ass comments like this make it hard for be to be enthusiastic in support.

Chill out. You're taking things too seriously and you've been coming off as a bit of a dick lately. "/s" means sarcasm.

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Gary Johnson jeopardizes the future of our movement.

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/594hj5.gif

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Chill out. You're taking things too seriously and you've been coming off as a bit of a dick lately. "/s" means sarcasm.

Ah. Gotcha. I was pissy when people were attacking a liberty candidate and lying about positions and now this crap in Bama has me stressed. Sorry.

belian78
04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Bama, our little spat aside... Are you seriously trying to say that even though GJ is all sparkley and shiney, having him siphon off grassroots activists from Rons campaign is a good thing?

Because this has always been my stance. I've not lied about GJ in any way, I haven't even mentioned any of his policies. My stance is, he is a direct threat to Rons chances at a republican nomination. How am I, and others wrong in this?

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Bama, our little spat aside... Are you seriously trying to say that even though GJ is all sparkley and shiney, having him siphon off grassroots activists from Rons campaign is a good thing?

Because this has always been my stance. I've not lied about GJ in any way, I haven't even mentioned any of his policies. My stance is, he is a direct threat to Rons chances at a republican nomination. How am I, and others wrong in this?

I do not believe or see this. I see more Moderate GOPers/Pro Choice/Citified GOPers (and much more Dems and Ind) going for Gary. He's growing the base of the Liberty movement.

belian78
04-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Then I'm sorry, but you are being willfully ignorant. Whether that's intentional or not is my question.

speciallyblend
04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
51% voted we are winning

BamaFanNKy
04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Then I'm sorry, but you are being willfully ignorant. Whether that's intentional or not is my question.

So, you think Gary's pull of 1% takes from Ron's 7-8%. Seriously, more of the board focuses on someone polling 1% than those polling double digits.

Also, it is not ignorance as I am around many dems and they do not like Ron but, all to a man say they'd vote for Gary.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Voted. Ron has only 41% over Gary. There are no others.

I'm betting most voting for Johnson won't be voting for EITHER in the primaries.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
So, you think Gary's pull of 1% takes from Ron's 7-8%. Seriously, more of the board focuses on someone polling 1% than those polling double digits.

Also, it is not ignorance as I am around many dems and they do not like Ron but, all to a man say they'd vote for Gary.

The thing is that you assume it is cumulative to those who would vote for Ron. Yet GJ is, occasionally, polling at 1%, and Ron is generally 7-11%.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
It is a neoconservative website and they'd rather see Gary Johnson as the "libertarian standard-bearer."

exactly. Most who aren't us are probably voting just to get Paul out of the way, they have no intention of voting for any libertarian candidate.

MelissaWV
04-29-2011, 04:36 PM
No thanks. I won't give them the traffic.

Paul Revered
04-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Voted

Gary Johnson

49 %

Ron Paul

51 %

chudrockz
04-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Voted! RP 51, GJ 49.

And I, for one, am HAPPY to have TWO Republican candidates I'd actually vote for.

Kludge
04-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Ron Paul folks are pretty unique in caring about online polls, probably because it was all we could win in 2007. Polls done by reputable outfits are jokes at this point (Trump being GOP frontrunner). This online poll done between two candidates before even the first GOP debate is utterly inconsequential.

ds21089
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Ron Paul folks are pretty unique in caring about online polls, probably because it was all we could win in 2007. Polls done by reputable outfits are jokes at this point (Trump being GOP frontrunner). This online poll done between two candidates before even the first GOP debate is utterly inconsequential.

I look at it like this. If even 10 people see that poll and start to think favorably of Ron Paul, then those 10 people inform others, it could lead to being 100+ people for all we know... All for 10 secs of going on a website and voting.

MelissaWV
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I look at it like this. If even 10 people see that poll and start to think favorably of Ron Paul, then those 10 people inform others, it could lead to being 100+ people for all we know... All for 10 secs of going on a website and voting.

Or if you have a website you need traffic for, you could post a nonsense poll that capitalizes on the Ron Paul internet voting frenzy, and have them flood your site with their eager clicks, spreading the link far and wide to try to "win." Then you can better fund your anti-Paul efforts throughout the campaign.

IndianaPolitico
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Voted, we are ahead, but not by much!

Kludge
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Think you may be going overboard with the butterfly effect. The chances of someone with an open mind (browsing the National Review website, where it's more likely a visitor will be from Israel than Canada) seeing RP win a poll between him and someone they've probably never heard of is closer to 0% than 1%, I'd think.

The site receives ~1m total visitors per day. The poll isn't in a very prominent position and is only on the front page, so I think a reasonable estimate for actual total impressions to be ~20-40k. Interest in the poll is quite low, with only 3.75k votes, and a large portion of those probably being RP poll-jackers and people familiar with RP looking to troll RPers. Actual unique people who looked at the results is, being very generous with the estimate, 5k. Now, how many of those people are actually interested in RP vs. GJ? Probably very close (if not exactly) to 0%, and how many of those people are stupid enough to think an online poll has any credibility?

doodle
04-29-2011, 05:43 PM
What kind of site is this?

Ron Paul competition with GJ is not what we should be focussing on, they are not competing with each other but against neocons. Unless there is a top tier site without an agenda, there is no teling how honest/bogus their poll will be.

Dave Aiello
04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
This is a travesty. We can't afford to lose ANY grassroots activists to the Gary Johnson camp. When this happens, nobody wins.

doodle
04-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't give hits or credibility to this site or do their poll which likely would be bogus with goal to push RP and GJ rivalry, this site seems like a major league neocon operation. This list contain some who's whos of slime balls with few mainstream neocons. #13 is author of torture memos and #14 had visciously made smear attacks on Ron Paul ahead of 08 just as quick example. Neocons are on to their games again it seems.

http://global.nationalreview.com/ads/37_fall_2011.gif

libertybrewcity
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM

You are being played.

it's too late to NOT be played. We just need to fight on and win our guy the nomination.