PDA

View Full Version : Please Educate Me on Huckabee & Guns .....

dsentell
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I am getting ready for a gun show and want to be prepared on each candidates stance regarding guns and the second amendment.

All I know about this with respect to Huck is that he is "pro-gun". Is he as pro Second Amendment as RP? Can you give me something to discredit his "pro-gun" perception?

Mortikhi
10-26-2007, 09:07 AM
huck probably has a site around somewhere.

dsentell
10-26-2007, 09:11 AM
huck probably has a site around somewhere.

Of course and he claims "No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do."

Has anyone seen something that will poke a few holes in his claim?

Brutus
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Anything which increases taxes (direct or indirect taxes) will increase the likelihood of gun confiscation eventually.

micahnelson
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Huckabee may not take away your right to own a gun, just your ability to afford one.

Why have a gun to defend your property, when there is no property left to defend.

dsentell
10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Huckabee may not take away your right to own a gun, just your ability to afford one.

Why have a gun to defend your property, when there is no property left to defend.

Nice -- I like it!

Brutus
10-26-2007, 09:33 AM
http://opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010782

TooConservative
10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Huckabee has a good record on guns and with the NRA. For that matter, so does Richardson.

That doesn't mean we should vote for either for president.

Ron Paul is better on the issue, being far more absolutist about the Second and having been in Congress during some key gun grabs which he voted against and he has advocated repeal of many existing gun laws.

Huckabee is hardly from a state that was going to restrict gun ownership anyway. It's a freebie to be for gun rights when 99% of your state favors them anyway.

bunklocoempire
10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I think talking of our Constitution and Ron Pauls unswerving support would be the best bet at a gun show. People love their NRA, but in reality the NRA comprimises gun control issues. Many on the gun forums I visit have been dissilusioned with the NRA leadership and comprimises. There is "Gun Owners of America" which have a quote on their site:

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

Again I think championing our Constitution is the best way to promote Ron Paul. Whenever our Constitution is comprimised, even a little for whatever reason, there is no telling where it will end, as we have seen.

Defend our Constitution and there wouldn't be a "need/market" for the NRA.
If I can dig something up more specific I'll post.

Thanks, Bunkloco

Another point could be our troops support of Dr. Paul

fj45lvr
10-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I never had very good luck shooting bees (they are real small and elusive) even if you know which direction they are hucked.