PDA

View Full Version : If anyone suggests Ron Paul is a freemason, show them this

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218165_10150161168201415_583466414_6965446_6390247 _n.jpg

not that there is anything wrong with that* :p

*Freemasonry

dannno
04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
lol, nice..

angelatc
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
You know, the man has the patience of a saint when dealing with us loonies.

nayjevin
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
longform or it didn't happen

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow! Must be a thrill to receive a handwritten letter for Ron Paul.

R3volutionJedi
04-29-2011, 07:34 PM
THIS is great. I love how he openly talks about this and openly opposes it.

Indy Vidual
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
lol, nice..

Wow! Must be a thrill to receive a handwritten letter for Ron Paul.

THIS is great. I love how he openly talks about this and openly opposes it.

1) I can't recall the subject being discussed before.
2) Now that the cat is out of the bag, let's not jump to conclusions.
3) What if "Charlette", or someone else, used Photoshop along with Ron's real signature? :p

Of course, I'm assuming ronpaulhawaii's name is not Charlette, would that be someone you actually know, or is this floating around on the Net?

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
1) I can't recall the subject being discussed before.

It has come up many times.

Indy Vidual
04-29-2011, 09:58 PM
OK, I must have missed it:

It has come up many times.
Oh, it has, why does the subject have so many believers then? :p

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
OK, I must have missed it:

http://www.google.com/#q=site:www.ronpaulforums.com+is+ron+paul+a+freema son
About 481 results (0.06 seconds)

Sola_Fide
04-29-2011, 10:11 PM
LoL

libertarian4321
04-30-2011, 09:19 AM

If he was an atheist Muslim Freemason, would he admit it?

Even if he shows the longform, how do we know it isn't forged?

I hear Alex Jones and Jerome Corsi have evidence that Ron Paul was seen at a Freemason meeting in Kenya in 1961.

How do we know Ron Paul is a natural born citizen of the USA?

Oh, sorry, I was just reading the deranged rantings on one of the birther threads, it'll take me a while to get back to sanity :)

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass whether Dr. Paul is a free mason or not.

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Ron Paul was accused of being a freemason because he used the "I Love You (ILY)" sign in American Sign Language. He has a grandson with a hearing loss that may or may not be culturally Deaf, but the ILY sign is universally recognized now and used by hearing people all the time.

They also said he uses the freemason handshake, but I find that to be ridiculous.

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh, it has, why does the subject have so many believers then? :p

It keeps going around, and there are lots of people who have trouble believing there is an honest politician. Add to that the mystery of freemasonry and we end up with baseless charge for the troublemakers to plant seeds of doubt, and waste peoples time. This came from Gigi's "friend" Charlotte, and while it won't stop the endless conspiracy types, it will stop a lot of the nonsense

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass whether Dr. Paul is a free mason or not.

Neither would I, except I regularly get asked and it is easier to just say "no, look at this"

:D

Indy Vidual
04-30-2011, 08:42 PM
...and there are lots of people who have trouble believing there is an honest politician....

IMO, Dr. Paul is honest and still a politician. No one is perfect, so he has probably stretched the truth or made "lies of omission" at least a couple of times. He's still better than the other choices. :)

aravoth
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
They also said he uses the freemason handshake

What handshake are they talking about? There are several, used to identify masons and their specific degree to each other.

Personally I've never seen him use one.

Indy Vidual
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
What handshake are they talking about? There are several, used to identify masons and their specific degree to each other.

Edit: You might be safer if you never do. ;)

specsaregood
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM

the time he was on maher

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 09:06 PM

The picture I saw was when he was on Bill Maher and shook hands with PJ O'Rourke (sp) and Ben Affleck. The people who are obsessed with freemasons said "see?!?"

http://sjkm.com/videos-illuminati-hand-signs-and-handshakes--%5B_x6inINzThw%5D.cfm

And from another thread (only found through a google search)

Please note the placement of his thumbs when he does the sign, his thumbs are out not tucked in like the devil horns. What he is showing is the sign language sign for "I Love You". As for the handshakes, it looks more like the two people were stretching across the table and couldn't get a whole hand grip due to the distance. It seems like everyone is trying to demonize Ron Paul one way or another, don't fall for that BS.

I know very little about freemasons, and am not concerned by this at all. Just wanted to add info for those of you who wondered where it came from.

amy31416
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
My father was involved in Freemasonry and the Shriner's, the local Masonic order was mostly about business connections and socializing. The Shriner's were mostly about the cool/dorky fez's and charity work.

Anyone who thinks less of RP if he is involved in these organizations (and he probably isn't), is a knucklehead. It's a fraternity for grown-ups.

BlackTerrel
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8SyaFXOqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhSOjrHcec

The comments on this are hysterical.

Bman
04-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Ron Paul was accused of being a freemason because he used the "I Love You (ILY)" sign in American Sign Language. He has a grandson with a hearing loss that may or may not be culturally Deaf, but the ILY sign is universally recognized now and used by hearing people all the time.

They also said he uses the freemason handshake, but I find that to be ridiculous.

What is the Freemason handshake? I was in a fraternity in college and it's pretty common in organizations to have"secret" handshakes. We had a formal and an informal handshake and the informal handshake seemed to be a bit universal amongst other fraternities.

Indy Vidual
05-01-2011, 12:10 AM
What is the Freemason handshake?...

You are safer not knowing. ;)
Do you think all "FEMA Camp" jokes are just dark humor? This is one subject Ron Paul supporters should avoid. :cool:

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
What is the Freemason handshake? I was in a fraternity in college and it's pretty common in organizations to have"secret" handshakes. We had a formal and an informal handshake and the informal handshake seemed to be a bit universal amongst other fraternities.

So was I. Delta Sig. We also had both a formal and informal handshake, but they weren't universal. The informal was a lot more obvious if someone watched carefully.

S.Shorland
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Well if he is a freemason there isn't anything to be done about it.It is really about business contacts.I can't see Ron worshipping Owls or partaking with little boys.

Cowlesy
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
So was I. Delta Sig. We also had both a formal and informal handshake, but they weren't universal. The informal was a lot more obvious if someone watched carefully.

I imagine half our secret handshakes are the same handshake.

sailingaway
06-24-2011, 10:40 AM

oh, man... isn't that the truth!

jmdrake
06-24-2011, 11:04 AM

The picture I saw was when he was on Bill Maher and shook hands with PJ O'Rourke (sp) and Ben Affleck. The people who are obsessed with freemasons said "see?!?"

http://sjkm.com/videos-illuminati-hand-signs-and-handshakes--%5B_x6inINzThw%5D.cfm

And from another thread (only found through a google search)

I know very little about freemasons, and am not concerned by this at all. Just wanted to add info for those of you who wondered where it came from.

Yep. That's the handshake. Here's the problem. Folks like Alex Jones have dumbed down the "freemason signs" argument to includes stuff that's not freemasonry like the "I love you" sign. And yes I still support AJ on some things, but this is where he jumped the shark. He can't have it both ways and say Michele Obama is giving a freemason sign here:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/February2009/130209vogue.jpg

and claim the "I love you sign" is just a "variation" on the diablo sign:

http://www.texemarrs.com/images/three_versions_el_diablo.jpg

blame Bill Clinton and Prince William of flashing diablo:

http://www.texemarrs.com/images/bill_clinton_el_diablo.jpg

http://www.texemarrs.com/images/prince_william_el_diablo.jpg

and then give Ron Paul a free pass.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx8Vtj06bk4dahOE9wakFQihqNSNucg W908vbuV2Zr_CjKGz5V6w

http://www.gnosticliberationfront.com/ron_paul_satanic_salute.jpg

Brent Pierce
06-24-2011, 09:31 PM
LOL.

Meanwhile, before the welfare state it was fraternal organizations like the Moose Lodges, Lions Club, Shriners, and yes the Freemasons that provided charity to the poor. They are the very types of organizations that will thrive again when our mission of promoting economic and personal liberty by shrinking the government is successful. Every one of us should put our money where our mouth is and join one of these fine organizations.

S.Shorland
06-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Actually,Ron would be a member of the marketratemasons.If something is 'free' people use it too much and it will go out of business.

Revolution9
06-25-2011, 04:07 AM
LOL.

Meanwhile, before the welfare state it was fraternal organizations like the Moose Lodges, Lions Club, Shriners, and yes the Freemasons that provided charity to the poor. They are the very types of organizations that will thrive again when our mission of promoting economic and personal liberty by shrinking the government is successful. Every one of us should put our money where our mouth is and join one of these fine organizations.

Why would I belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member?

Rev9

LibertyEagle
06-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Ron Paul has a grandson with hearing loss. That sign you see him giving is sign language for I love you.

inibo
06-25-2011, 05:47 AM

I love us.

inibo
06-25-2011, 05:50 AM

And you would know this how?

j/k :D

inibo
06-25-2011, 05:55 AM
My father was involved in Freemasonry and the Shriner's, the local Masonic order was mostly about business connections and socializing. The Shriner's were mostly about the cool/dorky fez's and charity work.

Anyone who thinks less of RP if he is involved in these organizations (and he probably isn't), is a knucklehead. It's a fraternity for grown-ups.

This is what we^H^H they always tell the people in the outer orders.

kazmlsj
06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow! That's cool.
Did you receive that note?

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Wow! That's cool.
Did you receive that note?

No, is from a friend...

Simon
06-25-2011, 09:04 AM
LOL.

Exactly. Instead, there are conspiracy nuts running around trying to make a case that these organizations are evil spawns of the devil.

Ron is not a Mason, but I understand his father was. He is, however, the type of honorable man of principles who would be welcomed with open arms by any Freemason lodge in the world. Don't ever forget that a lot of the founders were Masons. I don't think founding this country can be viewed as an "evil" act.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't think founding this country can be viewed as an "evil" act.Have you ever heard of Madison and Hamilton's coup? :p;)

inibo
06-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Forgot my <sarcasm> tags

Karl
06-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Exactly! And the whole Freemason hysteria is based on the same logic and fear that caused the Salem witch trials. If people are interested in Masonry all they need to do is be able to read, but they instead read websites that cherry pick quotes from masonic books to try to conjure some imaginary agenda with absurd claims like Lucifer worship. So many of the founders of this country were masons. So many inventors and philanthropists have been masons. Many religious leaders have been masons. And if you became one, which is as easy as asking and paying a small fee, you would easily learn the truth about them. It is really not such a big deal. Still in awe of the fact that there is such fear over something so silly, but some people love their ghost stories.

Luciconsort
06-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Exactly! And the whole Freemason hysteria is based on the same logic and fear that caused the Salem witch trials. If people are interested in Masonry all they need to do is be able to read, but they instead read websites that cherry pick quotes from masonic books to try to conjure some imaginary agenda with absurd claims like Lucifer worship. So many of the founders of this country were masons. So many inventors and philanthropists have been masons. Many religious leaders have been masons. And if you became one, which is as easy as asking and paying a small fee, you would easily learn the truth about them. It is really not such a big deal. Still in awe of the fact that there is such fear over something so silly, but some people love their ghost stories.

Here Here.

mit26chell
06-25-2011, 01:53 PM
People assume that if he was, it would be a bad thing.

There is nothing wrong with freemasonry. Thanks for this post though, because there are a lot of conspiracy folks out there!

AFPVet
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Funny... I give out the rocker horns from time to time lol. It doesn't mean I worship the devil or belong to the Illuminati.

PaulConventionWV
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Here Here.

Do you mean "hear, hear!" as in you are imploring people to hear something that you agree with, or are you saying "Here, here!" as in you just found something and are calling for others to come look at it? If you meant the former, then type it as such.

Brandon Todd Carr
06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Even if he was, so was George Washington.

libertybrewcity
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
why would anyone care if he is a freemason or not?

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 04:04 PM
why would anyone care if he is a freemason or not?

Because "Conspiracy Theory" is like a hobby for many... The problem is that are LOTS of paranoiacs who think like collectivists and think all Freemasons are evil... Back in 08 there were a bunch of threads about this. The antagonists like to raise the issue to scare off the paranoid... Perhaps you meant; why would I post this? And that is to have a quick answer for when antagonists raise the issue...

aowen
06-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Do you mean "hear, hear!" as in you are imploring people to hear something that you agree with, or are you saying "Here, here!" as in you just found something and are calling for others to come look at it? If you meant the former, then type it as such.

He meant the latter. You can sit down now, but thank you for injecting your superior wisdom.

aowen
06-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe we should join the bandwagon and make a bunch of videos saying that romney and obama are freemasons...? I doubt these people will listen to reason. They may, however, respond to more of the same illogical nonsense. Or, do any of these people even vote?

Zarn Solen
06-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Catholics do have a bone to pick with Masons. If Ron Paul is going to win the primaries, he is going to need some Catholics on board. Some other candidates have Mormons and different groups of Protestants on board. While Catholics as a whole don't seem to push for a candidate of their own denomination as much as others, this is the one aspect that could crush a candidate.

Please take this as friendly advice only, but I wouldn't be talking up or defending Free Masonry too much on a Ron Paul board. People will eventually associate him with it.

Yes, I am Catholic. No, I'm not making this post out of emotion. I'm actually a pretty calm guy.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Well I am glad to see that people are starting to lighten up. Last time it was a damn nightmare each time this issue came up but so far I am pretty impressed that people are taking the 'so what if he is" attitude.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-26-2011, 12:31 AM

I'm not trying to start a fight but this is an internet message board and not a term paper. People use words inapproriately, make grammatical errors and just generally goof on a regular basis. God knows I do and I am pretty sure that someone could find a ton of mistakes in your post history as well. So is it really beneficial to act high and mighty or try to make someone else feel intellectually inferior because they made a simple mistake? I am not trying to pick on your alone because this is something I have seen a lot of here lately and it does not leave people with an inviting feeling. Who wants to get involved with people who are going to nitpick everything they do? So can we please lighten up and realize that we are not perfect beings ourselves and slowly get off our high horse before our snobbery starts driving people away?

Luciconsort
06-26-2011, 01:01 AM

thank you grammar wizard.... my misuse was surely a detriment to the campaign. This explains the 7% in Iowa.

Simon
06-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Or, do any of these people even vote?

Doubtful. Most are (or should be) so medicated that they can't get out of their chairs.

PatriotOne
06-26-2011, 09:19 AM
The problem is that are LOTS of paranoiacs who think like collectivists and think all Freemasons are evil....

errrr...no. That's not true at all. It's like the banking system. The bank tellers haven't a clue and are hardly evil. Just like the lower level masons haven't a clue what their heirarchy is really about. Same with religion. If you did actual research into freemasonry you would be shocked how pervasive freemasonry is in our culture. My ex father in law was a 32 degree freemason. I attempted to have a conversation with him about it and started it off with all the symbology on our dollar bill. He was quite proud of it and when I mentioned the NWO he was quite aware of it and supportive. It was only when I went negative on the subject did he shut down completely and got upset and refused to talk any further about freemasonry. I do not think of my ex father in law as evil. In fact I have great love for him but lost some respect knowing his thoughts are not his own any more. He has been instructed and convinced that One World Gov is a good thing and it is secretly being rolled out and not something to talk openly about. If he wasn't in his 80's, I would press him on the subject but I don't want to give him a heart attack.

At any rate, you speak of something you really know nothing about and there are 100's of books on the subject...not just chatter on the internet.

Zarn Solen
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes, they do vote. Like I said, the Catholic population will not support someone they believe to be a Mason and for different reasons. Whether you think it is justified or not has nothing to do with Ron Paul's campaign. Being open to all primary and general election voters, including Catholics, is a part of the campaign.

inibo
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM

AZ Libertarian
07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Maresco rocks!

enjerth
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Why would I belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member?

Rev9

Thumbing through this thread, I just thought I'd have to stop here and say...

I got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Come on up here, I wanna scare the cabinet.

Now what is it that has four pair of pants, lives in Philadelphia, and it never rains but it pours?

Slutter McGee
07-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I plan on being a free mason.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

dannno
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I plan on being a free mason.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Get back to me when you reach the 33rd degree.

BrendanWenzel
07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
that's so awesome that you got a hand written letter!

inibo
07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Get back to me when you reach the 33rd degree.

Drink up, Shriners.

charliem
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
My Grandfather was a Master Mason, and received the Legion of Honor from DeMolay (their highest honor). I have his gavel and other Masonic items downstairs.

Was never involved in it myself, but I have to say it seems interesting.

dannno
07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
My Grandfather was a Master Mason, and received the Legion of Honor from DeMolay (their highest honor). I have his gavel and other Masonic items downstairs.

Was never involved in it myself, but I have to say it seems interesting.

I'd be willing to bet there are higher honors that are not discussed.

Do you know what degree he was?

hillertexas
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218165_10150161168201415_583466414_6965446_6390247 _n.jpg

not that there is anything wrong with that* :p

*Freemasonry

used this today...thanks

Buchananite
08-21-2011, 11:52 AM
These people scared of masons, shriners, illuminati, etc. are crazy.

What the heck is one of these hand signals supposed to do? Knock people dead or possess them with the devil?

Can't stand loons

nbhadja
08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Obviously Ron Paul is not one, but the illuminati is real and even Ron Paul admits it.

To think the illuminati does not exist is very crazy. Heck, they even admit it themselves.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm a mason, have been for many years now. Just reading this thread it is blatantly obvious very few have any idea what they are talking about when discussing freemasonry. That's a shame too. To put it simply, Freemasons are simply a group of men (that believe in God) who know they can put their trust in one another.

Anything more to it amounts basically to just ensuring that we can, in fact, trust one another. Any traditions, requirements, teachings, etc are basically to weed out the folks who cannot be trusted. Any conspiracies that allege world domination etc etc are baseless. The fact that masons tend to gravitate to desirable positions are simply a result of us having a dependable group of folks we can trust and count on.

CaptainAmerica
08-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Well it was a legitimate question and I have heard Ron Paul answer his belief in Jesus as his savior and also he denounces being a mason.I do not change my dissent just because one man appears to be a good man. Im greatful that Ron Paul is a good man though.