PDA

View Full Version : how was Ron's speech last night in Reno?

The Dark Knight
04-29-2011, 10:27 AM
how many attended? anyone got a tube?

WilliamShrugged
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
I personally didn't go, but my friend did. He said he did great speaking. No tube that I know of. My friend is still new to Ron Paul but so far (since hearing his speech at CPAC) likes the message. He didn't didn't go into detail about what Ron talked about or how many were there. Just told me he got his new book, got it signed, and said Ron had a good speech.

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I took a newbie and she liked what she heard. I can't guess crowd but it was standing room only and 600 seats were filled, great speech as always. He really seemed fired up!
Just had breakfast with him again and asked him "what is the first thing he will do when he gets elected President"!
The Washoe county Republican party here has new folks in command and we will have less shenanigans I hope. They said no more BS like last time and even brought out the "missing" ballots and read us the results even though it was already known. We have many folks in the central committee for both county and state now so we will have more clout. With the rule changes here we will have to have even a better performance than last time.
He also signed my "liberty Defined" book and it was used as the prop for the media coverage.

News stations covered it.

The Dark Knight
04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Sounds great! Good to hear we are well organized in Nevada! I think we can beat Romney. I have some Nevada Mormon friends who will be voting for Ron Paul this time instead of Mandate Mitt

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Sounds great! Good to hear we are well organized in Nevada! I think we can beat Romney. I have some Nevada Mormon friends who will be voting for Ron Paul this time instead of Mandate Mitt

good news. truth will prevail!

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Just had breakfast with him again and asked him "what is the first thing he will do when he gets elected President"!

Uhm, and his answer was?

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Uhm, and his answer was?

I was waiting for someone to ask......

He said he would cancel unconstitutional executive orders and bring the troops home. great crowd for all events, hurry back Ron

Liberty_Mike
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I took a newbie and she liked what she heard. I can't guess crowd but it was standing room only and 600 seats were filled, great speech as always. He really seemed fired up!
The Washoe county Republican party here has new folks in command and we will have less shenanigans I hope. They said no more BS like last time and even brought out the "missing" ballots and read us the results even though it was already known. We have many folks in the central committee for both county and state now so we will have more clout. With the rule changes here we will have to have even a better performance than last time.
He also signed my "liberty Defined" book and it was used as the prop for the media coverage.

News stations covered it.

I was there last night too. Great speech! It was awesome they had to delay the speech to bring in more chairs. Do you really think there were 600ish people there?? I'm terrible at estimating crowds, so I really have no idea. There was quite a decent turnout considering the event was not well publicized at all!

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
that room fits 600+ and it was full with standing folks.
Yes it was not promoted well.

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 11:31 AM
he also gave props to Amash and Lee. Said we should get running for offices now!

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I was waiting for someone to ask......

He said he would cancel unconstitutional executive orders and bring the troops home. great crowd for all events, hurry back Ron

Quite the fisherman you are. :)
Great answer, some enterprising writer should go through the list of executive orders and analyze them in light of this. Could make for quite an interesting article.

Liberty_Mike
04-29-2011, 11:34 AM
that room fits 600+ and it was full with standing folks.
Yes it was not promoted well.

Oh, wow. That's awesome that the crowd was actually that big! I was sitting in the third row, so I really wasn't paying much attention to how many people were standing in the back, and how many late-comers walked in.
Next time he comes to Reno, we need to make sure the event is very well promoted. I should have made some flyers and posted them around the University/Town. Are you down for the task next time??

puppetmaster
04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh, wow. That's awesome that the crowd was actually that big! I was sitting in the third row, so I really wasn't paying much attention to how many people were standing in the back, and how many late-comers walked in.
Next time he comes to Reno, we need to make sure the event is very well promoted. I should have made some flyers and posted them around the University/Town. Are you down for the task next time??

oh yea. are you part of our meetup group?

And I have some big plans on my end for the liberty movement this year......a live show soon! Have a full studio and a delivery system....... just freeing up time in my other business. Need hosts for this show soon.....

Liberty_Mike
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
oh yea. are you part of our meetup group?

And I have some big plans on my end for the liberty movement this year......a live show soon! Have a full studio and a delivery system....... just freeing up time in my other business. Need hosts for this show soon.....

I am part of the Meetup group, but was unable to attend the event you guys had a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the meetup will be pretty active this time around.

Glad to see more activism coming out of the area. Let me know if there is anything you want help with in the upcoming future.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Thank you! I've run out of rep, or I'd give you some!!

I was worried about attendance because of the lack of advertising.

I note while the 'representative' allocation of delegates from the new caucus rules may help in the first instance (so long as it doesn't keep us from winning outright) it may hurt in the long run because we picked up delegates as other candidates bowed out, and now delegates can't shift their allegiance until the RNC so it will be harder to get them as our one state to make the nomination as it SHOULD have been last time if they hadn't played games with the delegates. However, this time maybe there will be other states, such as Washington which moved to caucuses this cycle.