PDA

View Full Version : National GOP Primary Poll: Ron Paul at 8%

FightforFreedom
04-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Don't know if this have been posted yet, it's from yesterday. Trump leads at 19%, Romney at 17%, Huckabee at 15%, Ron is statistically tied at fourth with Palin and Gingrich.

It certainly shows that this race is wide open, and that Ron have a firm base around 8-10%, which is much higher than 2007-08. I doubt that Palin will run, and i believe Ron will take a lot of her votes if she's not running.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/national_gop_primary_poll_trump_19_romney_17_hucka bee_15

Agorism
04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
There is a new Fox News poll this morning as well

http://www.scribd.com/full/54158725?access_key=key-26pckzzekc16xems5954

PRESIDENT – NATIONAL – GOP PRIMARY (Fox News)
Mitt Romney 19%
Mike Huckabee 17%
Sarah Palin 9%
Donald Trump 8%
Newt Gingrich 7%
Ron Paul 7%
Herman Cain 4%
Tim Pawlenty 3%
Michele Bachmann 3%
Rick Santorum 3%
Mitch Daniels 2%
Jon Huntsman 1%
Gary Johnson 1%
Fred Karger 1%
Roy Moore 1%

TheTyke
04-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Why are they so different? How can Trump be 8% in one and 19% in the other if they have any accuracy? Well, after our race in KY, I have come to believe polls can be VERY accurate... but they are only rated for accuracy in the last month or so, and some of them are used for manipulation up that point.

It's so awesome to be in this starting position!!!!

DamianTV
04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Try Google Trends and check the Media Hits, not the web hits...

RileyE104
04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Take out Huckabee, Palin and Trump.

That puts Ron in second place, especially since Gingrich isn't attending the debate.
People will forget about 'ol Newt in no time.

Add an endorsement from DeMint and Palin, and Ron has a huge chance of replacing Romney as the 'Republican star'.

I say that because I doubt DeMint or Palin would ever endorse Romney.
I also believe that when it comes down to it, since 2012 is so important and we share so many ideas with them, DeMint and Palin will be virtually obligated to support Ron Paul.

specsaregood
04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Why are they so different? How can Trump be 8% in one and 19% in the other if they have any accuracy?
Easy:
Rasmussen poll: The survey of 1,000 Likely GOP Primary Voters
Fox poll: 911 registered voters. 411democrat, 322republican, 158independent.

As far as the primary is concerned the rasmussen is much more likely to be accurate. As doing a poll of republican primary candidates and having more democrats polled than republicans is just downright stupid.

Agorism
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Well Paul is 7 and 8 percent in them so even if one of them is more accurate, they are still virtually the same with regards to Paul himself.

JVParkour
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
I am loving these stats. 10%, I would assume, is practically within the margin of error. That means 1 out of every 10 people support Ron. THAT IS AWESOME!

Galileo Galilei
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Don't know if this have been posted yet, it's from yesterday. Trump leads at 19%, Romney at 17%, Huckabee at 15%, Ron is statistically tied at fourth with Palin and Gingrich.

It certainly shows that this race is wide open, and that Ron have a firm base around 8-10%, which is much higher than 2007-08. I doubt that Palin will run, and i believe Ron will take a lot of her votes if she's not running.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/national_gop_primary_poll_trump_19_romney_17_hucka bee_15

These poll numbers mean little at this stage. The vast majority of people have no idea who they will vote for. What matters is favorable and unfavorable numbers for each candidate. I have not seen the numbers, but reportedly Ron Paul leads the entire GOP pack in net favorable. That means Ron Paul can win the election by merely converting people who already liek hiom into voters via TV ads. And then he can add to that with cross-over votes and pulling a few undecided.

Matt Collins
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
8% is good place to start. Considering we barely got 8% last time we have picked up where we left off and must grow.

libertybrewcity
05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I still don't agree with the sampling size for this national poll, but this is great news anyways!