PDA

View Full Version : Where do we donate on May 5?

nobody's_hero
04-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Does Ron Paul have an official campaign fund set up yet? I hate to donate to LibertyPAC if there are more limitations on how it can be used when he really gets started on the campaign trail.

specialkornflake
04-29-2011, 04:41 AM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

nobody's_hero
04-29-2011, 04:43 AM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

Thank you, didn't know he had his website up and running.

EDIT: There are still limitations on what the exploratory committee money could be used for, though. :( I wish he'd just go ahead and become an official candidate so we can start raising money for ads and stuff.

RileyE104
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM

EDIT: There are still limitations on what the exploratory committee money could be used for, though. :( I wish he'd just go ahead and become an official candidate so we can start raising money for ads and stuff.

I'm sure tons of free media coverage will happen when we defeat the previous records...

Then Ron wont have to waste so much funds on ads for a while and can use them elsewhere.

nobody's_hero
04-29-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm sure tons of free media coverage will happen when we defeat the previous records...

Then Ron wont have to waste so much funds on ads for a while and can use them elsewhere.

Maybe. I certainly don't see $6.3+ million which can only be used for things like travel expenses and polling getting used in time for 2012 elections, lol.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 12:30 PM

This money can be poured directly into his presidential election account when he announces. Contrarily, money donated also counts against your cap.

White Bear Lake
04-29-2011, 12:35 PM
^Good.

nobody's_hero
04-29-2011, 10:12 PM
This money can be poured directly into his presidential election account when he announces. Contrarily, money donated also counts against your cap.

Ah, didn't know that. That makes me feel better about donating.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I sure hope they get a donation ticker up in the next few days on the website. That's key to grassroots motivation and a must for the moneybomb.

nate895
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM

Also, if Ron Paul winds up not running for some reason, candidates generally refund their donors the money, at least a good portion of it.

Johnnymac
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
i also hope they start the ticker off at zero this time, that threw alot of people off last time

anaconda
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
i also hope they start the ticker off at zero this time, that threw alot of people off last time

Except that we got a media boost because they still say we raised $700K that day. Amazing how poorly they fact check.

anaconda
04-29-2011, 11:28 PM
That eagle does kind of look like it is trying to get away from Ron..

Tinnuhana
04-30-2011, 12:45 AM
When does May 5 offically begin for the MB? I'm 13 hours ahead of east coast. Should I wait till 1pm May 5th? And where will everyone be "gathering"? Maybe RP2012 to watch the ticker and in RPF chat at the same time?

nobody's_hero
04-30-2011, 06:34 AM
When does May 5 offically begin for the MB? I'm 13 hours ahead of east coast. Should I wait till 1pm May 5th? And where will everyone be "gathering"? Maybe RP2012 to watch the ticker and in RPF chat at the same time?

I think it usually starts 00:00 EST but for my donations I think I will wait until Ron starts talking. I think the media should see a direct connection between Ron opening his mouth and donations pouring in :)

KramerDSP
04-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Actually, doesn't it make sense for everybody who is going to donate to donate as early as possible so that the news starts talking about it in the afternoon? Say he has 2 million raised by 3 PM. This would make the news in the evening before the debate, and bring in even more new donors.

sailingaway
04-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Actually, doesn't it make sense for everybody who is going to donate to donate as early as possible so that the news starts talking about it in the afternoon? Say he has 2 million raised by 3 PM. This would make the news in the evening before the debate, and bring in even more new donors.

Yeah, the media usually checks in at noon for current total, and those papers sometimes don't check back again and report the total -- although if it is REALLY large they will.