PDA

View Full Version : More on redistricting Ron's congressional district

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2011/apr/28/gs_congress_districts_042911_137826/?news&jackson-county

on a half hidden internal link:

GOODBYE TO RON PAUL?

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul will no longer serve Victoria if a map, purported to foreshadow a Texas congressional district shakeup, proves accurate.

U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett, an Austin Democrat, released to the Advocate a Texas congressional district map he claims his Republican colleagues are considering now.

If the map is accurate, Paul, a Lake Jackson Republican, will legislate in a district that no longer includes Calhoun, Jackson, Matagorda and Victoria counties. His district would shrink to include Wharton and Fort Bend counties, according to Doggett's map.

That map, however, is unofficial. Republicans won't confirm or deny its accuracy, and no formal redistricting proposal has been made public.

If accurate, Aransas, Calhoun, Colorado, Jackson, Lavaca, Matagorda, Refugio and Victoria counties would join District 35.

The state's 35th Congressional District is a new district to be created as a result of 2010 U.S. Census data.

Telephone calls and emails to Paul's office went unreturned.

To view the map, visit www.VictoriaAdvocate.com and click this story.

A Son of Liberty
04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
I can't believe this hasn't happened sooner.

payme_rick
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm in Jackson County... We neighbor Victoria County... Ron Paul has one of his offices in the city of Victoria (pop. about 60k)... Guess they'd have to take down the sign pointing to the road to take to get to that office... That would suck...

I was actually born in Victoria, same hospital Cowboy Troy was born in (lame country rapper)... Hometown of MLB'ers Ron Gant and Dough Drabek and some kid that was in High School Musical...

Then you have Calhoun County where I do a lot of my fishin'... That's where you find the home town of playmate of the year and celeb-apprentice contestant Hope Dworaczyk...

I don't think any of you care, I don't care too much, just some FYI I suppose... HE'S LOSING THE STAR POWER lol... Fort Bend County would carry plenty, Roger Clemens being one...

Agorism
04-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Isn't his house up for sale? Maybe he can relocate.

payme_rick
04-29-2011, 06:51 AM
Isn't his house up for sale? Maybe he can relocate.
Didn't he already build and move into a new house? Maybe a year ago? I think the story was on here...

cindy25
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
congressmen only need to be residents of the state, not the district.

they are doing the same thing to Kucinich. I wonder when they will try to kick Kentucky out of the union.

erowe1
04-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I can't believe this hasn't happened sooner.

They redistrict every 10 years.

Pericles
04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Texas is adding 4 US Reps in 2012, so most of the districts are going to shrink in the size of territory that they cover.

erowe1
04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I wonder if this will open the door for Medina or Robert Paul to run in one of the new districts.

eduardo89
04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I wonder if this will open the door for Medina or Robert Paul to run in one of the new districts.

Ask Matt Collins he seems to have a juicy secret