PDA

View Full Version : What Wikipedia Entries Could Look Like In 2019

KramerDSP
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I created this thread merely as a motivational tactic of sorts. Let's imagine it is the year 2019, and one is perusing Wikipedia to search the biography of Ron Paul. What would the first three paragraphs look like? Here's my very optimistic take.

"Ronald Ernest "Ron" Paul (born August 20, 1935) was the 45th President of the United States. He is the oldest person to ever hold the office. Paul previously served as a United States Representative for the 14th congressional district of Texas. Paul was also the Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and had been an outspoken critic of American foreign and monetary policy.

Paul is recognized as the pre-eminent political and ideological leader of the United States, and saved off a financial collapse by convincing the people to readopt the principles of non-interventionism, both overseas and domestically. During his presidency, Paul ended the War on Terrorism and brought all of the American troops home from around the world. He also dramatically downsized the role and scope of the federal government and opened it up to levels of transparency unparalled in history. By the time he left, the budget was balanced and the national debt was at just under $6 trillion dollars (it was at $15 trillion dollars when he entered office).

Paul’s actions as the “leader of the free world” began a surge of productivity and prosperity in the United States that allowed the country to come out of its’ second great depression. He is mostly revered as an iconic figure in the advancement of civil liberties in the United States and around the world, using nonviolent methods following the teachings of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi. Paul is also often presented as a heroic leader in the history of modern American classical liberalism."

And there's also the introductory paragraph for Rand.... :D

"Randal Howard "Rand" Paul (born January 7, 1963) is the 46th and current President of the United States. He is the son of Ron Paul, the 45th President of the United States. Rand Paul was elected in 2016 after serving one term as the United States Senator for the state of Kentucky. He is both the first United States Senator in history to serve alongside a parent in the U.S. House of Representatives, as well as the first President to ever directly take over office from his father."

The fantastic thing is that momentum is on our sides and the above blurbs could actually happen if we all work hard enough.

Vessol
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm glad that you are optimistic. I guess I tend to be a pessimist when it comes to the short term.

I really do hope that those "predictions" are right however.

SWATH
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I think you need to change "Rand Paul was elected in 2016" to "Rand Paul was elected in 2020 after his father served two terms"