PDA

View Full Version : Krugman's blaming Ron Paul for Unemployment, clearly it's Ron's fault the Fed hsn't fixed

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
everything.

h xxp://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/29/opinion/29krugman.html

[Bernanke] could have argued that he lacks the ability to do more, that he and his colleagues no longer have much traction over the economy. But he didn’t. On the contrary, he argued that the Fed’s recent policy of buying long-term bonds, generally referred to as “quantitative easing,” has been effective. So why not do more?

Mr. Bernanke’s answer was deeply disheartening. He declared that further expansion might lead to higher inflation....

I’d say that the Fed’s policy is to do nothing about unemployment because Ron Paul is now the chairman of the House subcommittee on monetary policy.

So much for the Fed’s independence. And so much for the future of America’s increasingly desperate jobless. 

Should we break it to people that cheap as nobel prizes are these days, Krugman never won his for economics?

And what happened to all the jobs in the two years BEFORE Ron got the committee, when Bernanke single handedly doubled the money supply?

IDefendThePlatform
04-28-2011, 09:25 PM
What an idiot. I'd email him but he's a lost cause.

AdamT
04-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Someone hit him over the head with his Nobel.

freshjiva
04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow, this is awesome. If Krugman attacks Paul, he'll only get major brownie points from the Tea Party.

Keep the attacks coming, Mr. Krugman!

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-28-2011, 09:41 PM
He's the last one I'd ever listen to about the economy. Krugman's genius plan is just to keep throwing more and more inflated dollars at the problem, as if that has worked so far. :rolleyes:

angelatc
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
everything.

h xxp://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/29/opinion/29krugman.html

Should we break it to people that cheap as nobel prizes are these days, Krugman never won his for economics?

Actually, Krugman did win it for economics. It was for some obscure trade theory about economies of scale and international trading.

White Bear Lake
04-28-2011, 09:52 PM
First of all, nobel prizes are worthless nowadays. Obama's "peace" prize pounded the nail in that coffin.

Second, they're scared. Of us.

Teaser Rate
04-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Krugman's actual work on economics is actually quite brilliant, it's a shame he sold out his intellectual integrity to become a knee-jerk apologist for the left wing of the Democratic party.

I have seen countless blog entries and articles showing Krugman the NYT columnist contradict what Krugman the economist had written just a few years prior. I'd suggest a quick Google search to anyone who wants a quick laugh.

specsaregood
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
This is a positive sign. Dr. Paul is becoming the intellectual leader of the very issue of the day.

ClayTrainor
04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
http://t.qkme.me/17q6.jpg

http://t.qkme.me/17q4.jpg

http://t.qkme.me/17q8.jpg

http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/feature/2008/12/08/paul_krugman/story.jpg

belian78
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
^^ win^^

*Haha that doesn't work so well when your post is the first one on the following page. :P

Vessol
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow.

The Fed used to be on the defensive, but now they are on the offensive?

They are blaming Ron for unemployment because he's blocking them from saving the economy??

specsaregood
04-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow.
The Fed used to be on the defensive, but now they are on the offensive?
They are blaming Ron for unemployment because he's blocking them from saving the economy??

Yes a simple congressman outside the leadership of the party and no real power is to blame for all of it.
Translation: Ron Paul riled up way too many people who educated themselves and now we can't just do whatever through a bunch of B.S. out there and expect you to eat it up.

Vessol
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I swear, Keynesian economics are like voodoo magic. They love making up bullshit terms and magic equations.

I honestly would love to hear how Krugman proposes lowering the unemployment rate.

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL@ Clay Trainor

angelatc, I had read otherwise, but my reading is eclectic and I don't remember how solid a source it was.

--
edit, I stand corrected, it was economics, maybe the title of his lecture being on trade was what I was remembering.

Vessol
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I really hate to say this, but I'm worried that if we do gain more clout and they let us win many elections and such(perhaps even Paul) that they will then use the coming collapse as proof that Austrian and free market economics don't work.

I'm half tempted to say that we should abandon all positions of "power" and let them sink the ship and lose face themselves.

ClayTrainor
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I really hate to say this, but I'm worried that if we do gain more clout and they let us win many elections and such(perhaps even Paul) that they will then use the coming collapse as proof that Austrian and free market economics don't work.

I'm half tempted to say that we should abandon all positions of "power" and let them sink the ship and lose face themselves.

This thought is often on my mind as well.

Jeremy Tyler
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM

Become the Strikers like atlas shrugged eh? Yeah the thought has come across my mind as well. Embrace their philosophy and them crash...but somehow I think they will still figure out a way to blame us.

heavenlyboy34
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
lolz @ Krugman :D

Legend1104
04-28-2011, 11:46 PM
How dare you ask for more lifeboats on the Titanic!!

Teaser Rate
04-29-2011, 04:35 AM

Who are they ?

hugolp
04-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Krugman's actual work on economics is actually quite brilliant, it's a shame he sold out his intellectual integrity to become a knee-jerk apologist for the left wing of the Democratic party.

I have seen countless blog entries and articles showing Krugman the NYT columnist contradict what Krugman the economist had written just a few years prior. I'd suggest a quick Google search to anyone who wants a quick laugh.

This is true. Even his early articles are not that bad. I read one on methodology where Krugman was almost justifying the praxeological aproach, just with different words.

The sad thing is that even in keynesian circles Krugman is seen as a sold out and not a proper economists. Krugman had to shorten the words allowed in the comment section of his blog posts because he was getting killed by the replies of other economists. So he just did not allow for long comments so there could not be any real discussion of the issues and the only messages could be from the krugmanbots.

S.Shorland
04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
The leaderships of 'both' parties.America is run by committees.You become powerful on a committee through longevity (seniority).So it pays special interests to back a certain horse and it pays an ambitious Senator to do whatever his seniors ask him in order to gain seniority himself and become that certain horse.The more cash in an industry,the more lobbyists will represent it in Washington.War is very profitable.The Neo-Cons think war is a valuable tool to further their aims for America.The Neo-Cons will never be short of funds.

Who are they ?

A Son of Liberty
04-29-2011, 05:47 AM

I get that same feeling...

Another poster made basically the same suggestion and was relentlessly attacked for it...

angelatc
04-29-2011, 06:04 AM
LOL@ Clay Trainor

angelatc, I had read otherwise, but my reading is eclectic and I don't remember how solid a source it was.

--
edit, I stand corrected, it was economics, maybe the title of his lecture being on trade was what I was remembering.

The money quote is that while his was for an international trade theory, Friedman's was in the economics of the Depression.

angelatc
04-29-2011, 06:06 AM
I get that same feeling...

Another poster made basically the same suggestion and was relentlessly attacked for it...

We already know Paul would be a weak President - he said so once. I worry that the two parties and the two houses would unite to override any changes he proposed.

Cowlesy
04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
http://t.qkme.me/17q6.jpg

http://t.qkme.me/17q4.jpg

http://t.qkme.me/17q8.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oKWxWOEilyQ/SxQrDVWNBjI/AAAAAAAABjQ/U2l2ZHYWF0Y/s1600/15-esq-paul-krugman-beer-091409-lg-98070588.jpg

Paul Krugman likes this.

A Son of Liberty
04-29-2011, 06:43 AM
We already know Paul would be a weak President - he said so once. I worry that the two parties and the two houses would unite to override any changes he proposed.

The concern would be that they would hang the inevitable economic collapse on Ron and his libertarian philosophy, thus vanquishing it forever.

belian78
04-29-2011, 07:36 AM
But that would only work on the dumbest of the dumb. There would also be those that would be introduced to a new way of thinking/living. And those are the ones that we are trying to reach.

A majority, if not all if us already know that a collapse is coming, but we strive forward anyway, to give people a chance to experience the freedom message. Give them a chance to live it, for however short a time before the collapse. Once the house of cards does fall, we continue to work educating those willing to listen on how to start picking up the pieces.

nayjevin
04-29-2011, 07:57 AM
The concern would be that they would hang the inevitable economic collapse on Ron and his libertarian philosophy, thus vanquishing it forever.

Very hard to do without oligarchic news source monopolies. The peaceful revolution working in the system has to be tried in the Internet age. The opportunity is priceless - people all over the world are learning. Some people are better prepared to preserve wealth through a fiat collapse than others, but all are better off for the shift in attitude toward liberty and the state.

JohnGalt1225
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM

Going Galt huh? I don't think it would work, no matter what it will always be our fault. It will always be proof that the "free market" doesn't work.

sailingaway
04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
... So he just did not allow for long comments so there could not be any real discussion of the issues and the only messages could be from the krugmanbots.

Krugman has bots?

This is worrisome.

WilliamC
04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
This is good.

The opposition is definitely fighting Ron Paul now, no more ignoring, and the ridicule didn't work.

For those worried that Ron Paul would be a 'weak' president I just say it really isn't possible to predict how much better things might get and how quickly if some of his policies were actually implemented.

What the establishment can't control is how free people behave, and no matter how brainwashed Americans are let them start keeping more of their wealth and being less regulated and I bet we'd rapidly grow accustom to those liberties and would be very angry if someone wanted to take them away.

Hey, who was the greatest leader of the Soviet Union? Gorbachev of course. And why?

Because he was willing to let it collapse instead of using the military to crush the revolution.

Wanna bet Ron Paul might be willing to do the same if the dollar collapsed whilst he was President?

He sure wouldn't use the military against civilians.

hugolp
04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Krugman has bots?

This is worrisome.

A lot of Krugman followers act like mindless followers incapable of logical reasoning. If they are bots or not has not been confirmed yet. ;)

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Yea I agree, especially on days where I am not feeling too good.

On the other hand, I almost wish someone could sue Krugman for libel for what he has stated (as he is blatantly lying). Or maybe bring back dueling....:(

Acala
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I agree with WilliamC - this is good. The opposition is now fighting Ron Paul and his movement. Krugman is a consumate statist shill but he isn't laughing at RP in this article.

As for getting blamed for the collapse, that is going to be attempted no matter what. This article is proof of that. Krugman is ALREADY blaming Ron Paul. Heading for Galt's Gulch will simply be giving away a great educational opportunity. Imagine Ron Paul, the true champion of Liberty behind the Bully Pulpit. Even if not a single part of his agenda passed, he would educate millions!

zerosdontcount
04-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't foresee Ron being blamed simply because the problem will be an inflation problem, the fight that Ron is fighting.