PDA

View Full Version : "People threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of Al-Qaeda terrorists"

Anti Federalist
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
So sez Paul O'Neill on Bloomberg.

Video at link.

Paul O'Neill: People Who Refuse To Raise The Debt Ceiling Are "Our Version Of Al-Qaeda Terrorists"

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/paul-oneill-people-who-refuse-raise-debt-ceiling-are-our-version-al-qaeda-terrorists

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/27/2011 13:20 -0400

The below Bloomberg TV interview with Paul O'Neill pretty much jumps the shark in Mutual Assured Destruction. Whenever someone says "people who are threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of Al-Qaeda terrorists. Really. They're really putting our whole society at risk" it is obvious that the issue is beyond rational and has crept up into the demented extreme of demagogy. This one statement may have just doomed the whole debt hiking debate as nobody will cede to being perceived as not only a terrorist but, what is far worse, a weak terrorist by the general population.

VBRonPaulFan
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
hahahahahaha, disingenuous idiots. just prepare for the worst and let them realize at the end what morons they've been while they're starving.

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
So now we're going to invade the Capital building and spread Democracy? Is that his suggestion?

2young2vote
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Resorting to name calling. He knows reason isn't on his side.

doodle
04-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Is he asking Obama for a pre-emptive invasion to save America from these bad guys.

DamianTV
04-30-2011, 02:15 AM
The real terrorists? The people that hijacked our entire Money System.

Travlyr
04-30-2011, 06:11 AM
The real terrorists? The people that hijacked our entire Money System.

And the amazing thing is that they were able to keep it a secret until the free-market finally exposed their shenanigans. The cats are out-of-the-bag. It's all over but the cryin, now.

FrankRep
04-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Sarah Palin: Don't Raise the Debt Ceiling
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290028-Sarah-Palin-Don-t-Raise-the-Debt-Ceiling

http://politicolnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/SARAH-PALIN-WINK-WINK-2012.jpg

osan
04-30-2011, 07:05 AM
And the amazing thing is that they were able to keep it a secret until the free-market finally exposed their shenanigans. The cats are out-of-the-bag. It's all over but the cryin, now.

Don't bet the farm on that, pal. These people are crooked as the day is long at the poles and may even be stupid (though I doubt that), but they own just about everything in some fashion or degree. That leaves them at their leisure to change parameters almost at will. We cannot know what they expected in 1913 - how well the FRB system would work or for how long. For all we know, they could still be sitting in their offices in wide-eyed amazement that it has gone this far. Be that as it may, I am pretty confident in my belief that when the FRB goes the way of the dodo, and as yet this is not a foregone conclusion, they will have something equally evil, if not more so, to take its place. Of this you may rest largely assured.

In another thread someone posted that "they" will have no choice but to return to honest money. To that I responded "nonsense" because so long as people BELIEVE in whatever fiat toilet paper that replaces the FRN, it will buy food and will therefore be accepted by them.

To anyone failing to believe it, consider this: if the organization (family, whatever) to which you belong, for which you work, and in which you presumably believe had been working for 150+ years to arrive at this point, would you simply throw in the towel just because it got hot in the kitchen? These people are not going to stop unless someone stops them. They are the mortal enemies of equal freedom for all. They want something and whatever that thing may be, it clearly appears to entail the ever augmented enslavement of the rest of us, and possibly even our eventual elimination from the roles of the living. To those who say, "wow, that is so paranoid", I would admonish you consider the history carefully and then seek a set of goals that fit the behavior best. I will say nothing more at this point on this particular issue. Just seek with some diligence and skill. What ultimate goals might make the strongest sense, given the observed behaviors? This is a purely scientific approach. Think about it and report back on what you find, if you are so inclined - and really, we should all be so inclined.

We are painted into a corner now, my pals. Surely this must be so very clear to you. Now ask, "why?" Simple and mere greed? Possible, but not likely in my opinion. Then what? Why? What is the grand upshot here and why would it be so? Answer those questions, if you can, leaving the simplistic and non-starters like "greed" and "they are crazy" on the cutting room floor, for these add nothing of value to the discourse as they are almost certainly insufficient.

Dispense with the nonsense called "Occam's Razor", for it is worthless in such a case. The razor is a statistical statement which, in order to be valid, must be applied to a statistically significant population. A sample size of one does not qualify as a statistical population and the Fed must be viewed as a monobloc conceptually because that is how it operates in fact. Be smart and do not fall for the easy bait. Dig deeply.

Too much said.

Travlyr
04-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Don't bet the farm on that, pal.

All good advice. What I really meant by that was the information is spreading like wildfire because of the truth telling ability of the Internet. The secret I refer to is the debasement of currency schemes perpetuating power and control over societies since the times of Babylon. I may never escape the grasp of their tyranny in my lifetime, but I now know the truth and the masses are awakening.

MN Patriot
04-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Osan, you nailed it. ^^^^
The FRB acts like an inventor tinkering in his garage, testing to see what happens when interest rates are dropped to zero, or create more debt, or cause a bubble in housing and watch it burst(oh no! too much unemployment, the serfs are angry, lets create more money to see what that does). At the end of the day, they require a substantial portion of our productive efforts to be stolen from us to pay the interest on that debt to the debt holders.

What really aggravates me is that we are now tax slaves to the Chinese communists. They didn't even fire a shot and now we are their slaves, oblivious of our status.

osan
04-30-2011, 11:56 AM
All good advice. What I really meant by that was the information is spreading like wildfire because of the truth telling ability of the Internet.

Agreed. However, the ultimate practical value of this remains to be proven. What value all this knowledge if it profits a man not? The real question points to the character of our hearts. Do enough people care enough about liberty to do something and succeed? To those who believe the answer is "yes" I say that the belief is very much in doubt. As I have written many times before, I look forward to a day when everyone here will be able to jeer at my skepticism and call me an asshole for having doubted. I will happily wear the mantle of village idiot, rather than divine prophet after falling into abject slavery.

The secret I refer to is the debasement of currency schemes perpetuating power and control over societies since the times of Babylon. I may never escape the grasp of their tyranny in my lifetime, but I now know the truth and the masses are awakening.

Again, awakening how? Awareness is a necessary condition, but what if we do not do anything about it?

We are now beginning to hear increasing calls to legalize drugs, regulate them, tax them, etc. While I agree with this in principle, given our political history, particularly that of the past 100 years and very particularly since 9/11, I cannot help but wander my mind into a place where such calls are made and fulfilled in order to allow those very masses "safely" indulge to their hearts content in those ways. Legally, and possibly every increasingly inebriated and thereby carefree, what possible motive would there be for them to rise against the masters who made their little paradises possible, especially when they can be as easily taken away once again? They will much rather indulge their petty addictions in so-called safety and will be well loathe to return to the perceived squalor of getting high on the lamb.

LibertyEagle
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't bet the farm on that, pal. These people are crooked as the day is long at the poles and may even be stupid (though I doubt that), but they own just about everything in some fashion or degree. That leaves them at their leisure to change parameters almost at will. We cannot know what they expected in 1913 - how well the FRB system would work or for how long. For all we know, they could still be sitting in their offices in wide-eyed amazement that it has gone this far. Be that as it may, I am pretty confident in my belief that when the FRB goes the way of the dodo, and as yet this is not a foregone conclusion, they will have something equally evil, if not more so, to take its place. Of this you may rest largely assured.

Yes, and it is called the International Monetary Fund. They have been talking about a world currency for some time. I personally believe this is the only reason why they are allowing the Federal Reserve to be talked about so openly on the news these days and why Ron Paul was allowed to chair the subcommision on monetary affairs, after all these years.

When it falls, the masses will clamor for anything to "fix" it and we will be trotted to a world currency. If this happens, we can say a complete bye-bye to our Constitution and our sovereignty. And guess what... they will blame Ron Paul and US.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes, and it is called the International Monetary Fund. They have been talking about a world currency for some time. I personally believe this is the only reason why they are allowing the Federal Reserve to be talked about so openly on the news these days and why Ron Paul was allowed to chair the subcommision on monetary affairs, after all these years.

When it falls, the masses will clamor for anything to "fix" it and we will be trotted to a world currency. If this happens, we can say a complete bye-bye to our Constitution and our sovereignty. And guess what... they will blame Ron Paul and US.

Yup, the globalists have gotten us backed into a nasty corner here.

But all is not lost, look at Iceland.

Travlyr
05-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Why all the pessimism?

Clearly, the IMF wants us to "cower to their power." Count me out. I'm drawing my line in the sand. Their "fiat dollar" is the last piece of irredeemable paper I use, and I won't be planting any RFID chip in my body, or in my ID card.

I know their sinister plot is simply to buy more thugs, put them in body armor uniforms, and arm them with sophisticated remote control weapons to fire on the "Al-Qaeda terrorists" around the world. But they cannot do it without their funny money. And their "dollar" is toast. Sure they will "offer" some new "world saving currency" to fund their shenanigans. But will it work? Don't bet the farm on it.

Mises pointed out that they may be the ones backed into a nasty corner.

Murray Rothbard writes in "The Mystery of Banking",

As Ludwig von Mises conclusively demonstrated in 1912, money does not and cannot originate by order of the State or by some sort of social contract agreed upon by all citizens; it must always originate in the processes of the free market.

Can the "powers-that-be" get another 30 or 40 years of tyrannical rule from Bretton Woods II, or some other meeting for a "World Lender of Last Resort" at Evil Island? Perhaps. And if that is successful, then will they try again with a "Universal Lender of Last Resort?" Perhaps. And why not? Why should they give up their power if the people just cower?

Dr. Edwin Vieira suggests in "A Cross of Gold" that there is a better solution for freedom loving individuals. Instead of cowering, we stand-up for our rights like Ron Paul does with the truth in broad daylight in front of the whole world each day. We demand that our leaders obey the Constitution. They did swear an oath to it after all.

The people who clamor for anything to "fix" it will likely find themselves learning that they are responsible for themselves. Please, be prepared for them because they will be desperate. However, also keep in mind that desperation is a short lived state of being. And that's why it would be much better for us to win than them.

For those who believe that we are doomed no matter what, I say "perhaps"; perhaps we are doomed for another 30 or 40 years. My personal belief is that the Internet will take 25 -> 30 years off that estimate.

As an eternal optimist ... I'm glad that Dr. Ron Paul and Dr. Edwin Vieira do not kneel at their feet. For crying out loud, there are only 600 -> 1000 of those evil bastards in control. Their reign of terror is nearly over whether they like it or not. Honesty, truth, and the free-markets always win in the end. Good triumphs over Evil.

specsaregood
05-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Yup, the globalists have gotten us backed into a nasty corner here.
But all is not lost, look at Iceland.

Love those darn puffin eating SOBs. Of course I think a lot of the reason THEY are able to tell the banks to shove it is their near total energy independence.

awake
05-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Everyone who does not follow the controllers orders is a anti-Semite racist terrorist.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Next Boogy Man bump