Immortal Technique
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHKJBlrtmk

Airing Date April 28, 2011

Ron Paul On The Sean Hannity Radio Show Today

Ron did awesome :)

jabf2006
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Is it just me, or is Hannity's reception of Ron Paul this time around very similar to Beck's initial reception to Ron Paul the last time around?

Inkblots
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Ron did very well, but I wonder somewhat about his strategy. Hannity, both today and the other night on TV, seemed to want to focus on fiscal issues and his areas of agreement with Ron. Ron, on the other hand, seems to have made the strategic choice that the viewers/listeners of a show like Hannity will already be aware of his strong record and sound proposals regarding fiscal and monetary policy, and so wants to use his time to explain his foreign policy view to them, to show that they're not 'wacky' or 'dangerous' as they may have heard.

What do you guys think of that decision?

BrendenR
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Ron did very well, but I wonder somewhat about his strategy. Hannity, both today and the other night on TV, seemed to want to focus on fiscal issues and his areas of agreement with Ron. Ron, on the other hand, seems to have made the strategic choice that the viewers/listeners of a show like Hannity will already be aware of his strong record and sound proposals regarding fiscal and monetary policy, and so wants to use his time to explain his foreign policy view to them, to show that they're not 'wacky' or 'dangerous' as they may have heard.

What do you guys think of that decision?

It was very clear that Hannity framed the discussion in two parts, Part 1 was where they agree'd, on domestic issues and economic issues. The second part was what they disagree'd on, Foreign Policy (and that was Hannity's decision).

Legend1104
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
If you had left off the part about the war issue, that was almost a plug for Ron Paul from Hannity. He started off by praising him and his son. Saying he read his book and it was a good read. Saying that he agreed with him on almost everything and verbally agreeing with issues like the U.N., debt issues, etc. Then he almost said (but didn't come right out and say it) that we need a Ron Paul type to win that will go all the way and not just half way. This is most curious. I honestly don't get what is going on. The only thing I can think is that these neo-con types are getting behind Ron Paul enough in the likely chance that he could possibly win; that way they could look crediable to the country in supporting him in the general election. Just my thoughts.

low preference guy
04-28-2011, 09:27 PM
The only thing I can think is that these neo-con types are getting behind Ron Paul enough in the likely chance that he could possibly win; that way they could look crediable to the country in supporting him in the general election. Just my thoughts.

Another thing is that it is becoming fashionable to like Paul, and people who agree with him in at least one important issue might like him because he is radical and uncompromising in that specific issue.

CharlesTX
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I loved the Woodrow Wilson curve ball Ron Paul threw at Hannity. LOL! Definitely made Hannity the kook on that one.

Bruno
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I loved the Woodrow Wilson curve ball Ron Paul threw at Hannity. LOL! Definitely made Hannity the kook on that one.

That's was Ron's version of "Don't mess with me, I'll turn it back on you". That made my wife and I laugh our asses off in the car. :D

anaconda
04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
He's talking to Hannity too much..

anaconda
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Ron used the term "New World Order." Sweet.

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 11:28 PM
If you had left off the part about the war issue, that was almost a plug for Ron Paul from Hannity. He started off by praising him and his son. Saying he read his book and it was a good read. Saying that he agreed with him on almost everything and verbally agreeing with issues like the U.N., debt issues, etc. Then he almost said (but didn't come right out and say it) that we need a Ron Paul type to win that will go all the way and not just half way. This is most curious. I honestly don't get what is going on. The only thing I can think is that these neo-con types are getting behind Ron Paul enough in the likely chance that he could possibly win; that way they could look crediable to the country in supporting him in the general election. Just my thoughts.

My thought is that they'll push Johnson if they need a more 'mainstream Ron Paul' because they are selling everyone on the idea that Johnson is just as good as Ron on the economy which is nonsense.

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Who was he supposed to talk to? Hannity was the only other person there....

VBRonPaulFan
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Yeah, but believe it or not he needs to open the dialog between people like Hannity and O'Reilly because a LOT of conservatives/republicans who are huckabee/romney/palin/whatever fans really listen to them. This is an awesome way to open them up to libertarian views and move them away from neocon views. It's a good thing that we're having this dialog rather than just having our ideas marginalized. When Ron brings up a lot of these foreign policy views of his, he is really going to get neocon's thinking and he'll probably end up helping them turn around a bit on what they believe our role in the world should be. It might not look like he is going to persuade Hannity right now on the issue, but I think just bringing up the facts to Hannity will make him go back and re-read things in a new light. The knowledge that Ron gives him could really help turn him more libertarian.