PDA

View Full Version : Ron on the SC May 5 Debate

Lucille
04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
It would help if there was less booing (http://reason.com/archives/2011/04/28/t/1). That might influence my decision.

Drown them out, please.

Jay Tea
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Sad that we have to put up with this for something as simple as a politician expressing a position, especially one in line with the Constitution.

"That's what the Founding Fathers said? Preposterous! Boo this man!"

devil21
05-02-2011, 07:21 PM
full quote here

Reason: Are there things that have to happen now that you’ve launched the exploratory committee in order to make a full run for president?

Paul: There are a couple of things we’ll be watching. The potential for raising money is important, and my belief is it’s going to be there. I’ve been to quite a few universities, I’ll be up in Reno at the University of Nevada tomorrow, [and the reception at] all those events have influence. But I really wasn’t going to do much campaigning until I made a final decision but because of the debate [in South Carolina] coming up [on May 5] there was a technical requirement that I had to at least have applied for an exploratory committee.

So I complied with that although I’m not ready for a final decision. An exploratory committee means more bookkeeping, if you collect money people who donate there if they go to the legal maximum that counts against other committees [as the election goes on]. You have to transfer records over [to a later official committee].

But I do want to be in that debate. It would help if there was less booing. That might influence my decision [to really run or not].