PDA

View Full Version : How to Argue Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Views Effectively

Joey Fuller
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
this is very simple.

I have met a lot of Tea Party People who are like "Yeah, I like Ron Paul... but he's crazy for wanting to end the wars"
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y9ltkLja3sM/TbioTLkiBPI/AAAAAAAAB5k/JA2m-CxeA1o/s1600/chartron.JPG
Remind them that the American Military overwhelmingly supported (voting and financially) Ron Paul in 2008.. winning more votes than Mccain.

http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2011/04/ron-paul-received-most-votes-from.html

WilliamC
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I remember calling in to a radio talk show during the last election cycle and bringing this topic up.

The host flat out called me a liar (said he didn't believe me and that I was making up numbers) when I told him Ron Paul had raised more money from active duty military personal than any other candidate during the Republican Primary.

Yea, this would be a good bit of info to put onto a slimjim about Ron Paul's military position.

Romulus
04-28-2011, 11:48 AM
We definitely need to communicate that he is PRO military but letting folks know he IS a veteran and supports the troops by bringing them home.

dannno
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
I remember calling in to a radio talk show during the last election cycle and bringing this topic up.

The host flat out called me a liar (said he didn't believe me and that I was making up numbers) when I told him Ron Paul had raised more money from active duty military personal than any other candidate during the Republican Primary.

Oh man, the response I would have had for that guy...

"Are you trying to lose all credibility with your listeners? I guarantee half of them are on the internet right now looking this up and finding out that you're wrong."

WilliamC
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
To be honest Ron himself needs to develop a much better focused message about how the USA can be made much safer from military attack at much smaller cost by abandoning the vague idea of 'National Interests' for that of simply defending US soil.

There really is no excuse for Ron Paul to let himself be sold as being weak on defense, he has to be willing to call out his opponents on this.

Peace through strength, not through conquest.

virgil47
04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
RP needs to ensure that the military voters votes are counted. Many states espescially the more liberal states have absentee voting rules that almost gaurantee that the military votes will not be counted.

VIDEODROME
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Maybe he should point to our neglected southern border with Mexico.

Romulus
04-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Yes and keep explaining what blowback is. The China example is good.. if they came on our soil...

He needs to mention a strong national defense to protect our borders, not to go beyond and spread ourself thin falling into "traps"

also needs to point out that Osama WANTED us bogged down in a war and wanted us broke..

Warn folks of the TRAP we are falling into if we don't scale back.

JCLibertarian
04-28-2011, 04:24 PM

So we shouldn't actually cut the budget, we should just move the troops from Germany to the US-Mexico border to stop evil Mexicans from mowing my lawn or working at construction sites?

TomtheTinker
04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
We definitely need to communicate that he is PRO military but letting folks know he IS a veteran and supports the troops by bringing them home.

I think he is the ONLY VET in the race so far..we need to hammer these points home to the republican base it is really as simple as that.

Edit:also another point that we must hammer home is that Ron Paul is the only Republican to get an endorsement from Ronald Regan(not to mention the whole idea he is the only republican to never vote to raise taxes)

We have to get this info OUT THERE to the Republican base.

TortoiseDream
04-28-2011, 06:30 PM
you would think "murder is wrong" would be enough, but...

Brett85
04-28-2011, 06:36 PM
you would think "murder is wrong" would be enough, but...

It's not wrong if we were attacked first. The key is to explain to Republican voters that nation building has always been a liberal idea, and it's something that conservatives have historically rejected. How much sense does it make to oppose stimulus spending here in the U.S but support stimulus spending overseas?

BlackTerrel
04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
How did they get those numbers? Seems awfully low. I counted about 4,000 votes out of 2 million military which would be about what? 0.4% of military voted?

HarryBrowneLives
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
What about this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOtVg05JLPc

HarryBrowneLives
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Or this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwaU1P-vMxQ