PDA

View Full Version : THR: 'Atlas Shrugged' Producer Promises Two Sequels Despite Terrible Reviews, Box Office

Lucille
04-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Way to take responsibility, and fight, John. Much better. After his unbecoming whining and defeatism in the LA Times, I had decided to not see it (again) next week. Now, I will. [ETA: I just now reserved our tickets for the private showing here in FLG.]

'Atlas Shrugged' Producer Promises Two Sequels Despite Terrible Reviews, Poor Box Office (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/atlas-shrugged-producer-promises-two-182714)

Aglialoro acknowledged that spending almost no money on marketing and relying almost entirely on the Internet and talk radio -- a strategy he boasted of a week ago -- was ineffective in the long run.
[...]
"You really need to spend millions to get the message on TV screens," he said. "If I want Part 2 to open on 1,500 screens, I need to decide if I want to spend $10 million on TV commercials."

He said he's sticking to his plan to release Part 2 on April 15, 2012, and Part 3 on April 15, 2013, though gathering the same talent and crew might be a problem.

Maximus
04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
I saw it last night and the theater had more people than I thought there would be... 20ish in a small screen

GO see it, it is a little cheesy but how often do you see libertarian movies out there?

Trigonx
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
I liked it, saw it on the second day it came out. I'm gonna see it again, support the film some.

Aratus
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
the producer hotshot guy is about to lure RAND PAUL away from the D.C senate
becuz he's our very own rEVOLUTIOn "JOHN GALT" personified? this is as Rand's own brother
down the great state of in Texas is being sized up for a remake of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington"...?

emazur
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update

the producer hotshot guy is about to lure RAND PAUL away from the D.C senate
becuz he's our very own rEVOLUTIOn "JOHN GALT" personified? this is as Rand's own brother
down the great state of in Texas is being sized up for a remake of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington"...?

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6312/whatyousayhh6.png

Aratus
04-28-2011, 12:31 PM
robert paul when he talks does remind me of the way jimmy stewart's character had filibustered
in front of the legendary claude rains in those famous and effective karpa~corn flic b+w scenes!!!
rand paul has his 'mr. smith goes to washington' as of late, but his bro is a tighter casting methinks!