PDA

View Full Version : RawStory is spinning Ron's FUNDING social security for those dependent & allowing opt out

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
for those younger as 'Ron Paul want's to end Social Security and Medicare'. They KNOW their tool readers aren't going to watch the video enclosed, and you can see by the comments that many didn't.

Note, Ron has to stop taking the bait when people say 'so you want to end social security' no matter how well he has laid out the groundwork, they are looking for that soundbite.

"No, I'm the only one with a plan to fund it without putting it on the shoulders of the next generation, if they want to opt out."

h xxp://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/04/ron-paul-end-medicare-social-security-and-medicaid/

I commented.

and I found this through Democratic Underground and not one SINGLE commenter there appears to have read more than the Raw Story headline.

h xxp://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x978459

low preference guy
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Note, Ron has to stop taking the bait when people say 'so you want to end social security' no matter how well he has laid out the groundwork, they are looking for that soundbite.

Too late. Ron has given them hours of soundbites already. He might just try to communicate his actual position.

AuH20
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
I think it's pretty awesome that he's flipping progressives the finger. He should follow up with some charts. Ron, please stick this hot poker of truth up their asses next time. I beg of you:

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2008/12/05/Medicare-Social-Security-owe-52-trillion/UPI-49311228460279/

Where is this money going to come from? Anyone have close to 75 trillion lying around?

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Too late. Ron has given them hours of soundbites already. He might just try to communicate his actual position.

I didn't mean he should't communicate his position, I want him to. I think he was stellar on Cenk last night. I just think framing that response to the 'gotcha' question would be nice, more often.

NYgs23
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
The people in those comments are completely deranged. They really deserve to go down with the ship. Unfortunately, they insist on dragging the rest of us down with them.

SilentBull
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
This is why Rand Paul won. He knew how not to give them soundbites. Ron needs to learn how to present his positions better.