PDA

View Full Version : The Fed Will Make Sure Obama Wins in 2012: Strategist

bobbyw24
04-28-2011, 04:45 AM
As we approach next year's presidential elections, the chances of President Barack Obama being ousted by a rival from either side of the political divide are low, according to Thanos Papasavvas, the head of currency management at Investec Asset Management.

“History is very much on the side of the incumbent President and unless we have a double-dip recession with a significant increase in unemployment I don’t believe Obama will lose 2012,” Papasavvas said in an interview with CNBC on Thursday.

“On the economic side, any signs of a deteriorating economic environment will see the Fed enacting QE3 (the third round of quantitative easing, or creating money) and hence indirectly reducing the probability of the economy derailing Obama,” Papasavvas added.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42794512

Travlyr
04-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Oh yeah... QE3! We're all going to be rich.

Teaser Rate
04-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Why would the Fed have an interest in who wins the presidency in 2012? The Fed is not a partisan institution, both Greenspan and Bernanke were appointed as Chairmen under Republican Presidents and re-confirmed by Democratic ones.

Lucille
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Why would the Fed have an interest in who wins the presidency in 2012? The Fed is not a partisan institution, both Greenspan and Bernanke were appointed as Chairmen under Republican Presidents and re-confirmed by Democratic ones.

The Obama admin. has treated the bankstas very well. Better than Bush even (due only to time constraints, I'm sure).

Bailing Out Obama: The Federal Reserve’s New Mandate (http://www.personalliberty.com/conservative-politics/government/bailing-out-obama-the-federal-reserves-new-mandate/)

Today the Federal Reserve and its Chairman no longer hold sacred protecting the purchasing power of the dollar. The once-independent Fed now seems intent on serving the President and promoting his economic policies.

Of course, Bernanke has been a loyal public servant to two Presidents. He was first appointed by President George W. Bush in the winter of 2006. Then Obama re-appointed him. Over those five years Bernanke has used every power at the Fed’s disposal to pump up the U.S. economy, even though it has delivered a devastating bear market for the greenback.
[...]
According to Paul: "There is something fishy about the head of the world’s most powerful government bureaucracy, one that is involved in a full-time counterfeiting operation to sustain monopolistic financial cartels, and the world’s most powerful central planner, who sets the price of money worldwide, proclaiming the glories of capitalism.”

acptulsa
04-28-2011, 08:25 AM
They'll buy him the election if they can. I don't think they'll be able to. I think if they try too hard, they'll hand it to us on a silver platter.

Incredibly tight money or inflation. Neither will make people happy about the status quo.

AuH20
04-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Imagine if a miracle transpires and Ron is the republican candidate? The Fed will give Obama QE3 and QE4 combined, if he so desires.

iamse7en
04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't mind QE3 if I were one of the primary dealers. I could use the newly printed money before it 'trickles' down and screws the economy. I want to buy a new flat screen. I'll vote for Obama if he makes me one of the primary dealers.