PDA

View Full Version : How would you sell Ron Paul?

Bman
04-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Simple question. Ron's running for President. How would you sell his candidacy?

anaconda
04-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Antiwar. Improved national defense. Improved transparency. Anti corporatism. Lower taxes. Pro entrepreneur. Rejection of the Police State/TSA complex. And someone who really is very very very very different from all the others. An uncommonly honest man who is not beholden to any of the special interests. Truly a man of and for the people.

Sola_Fide
04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
The pro-life doctor who has delivered over 4000 babies and who will stop Obamacare.

The veteran who supports the troops and a strong national defense.

The taxpayers best friend.

The Christian family man who has lived the values he preaches.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-28-2011, 03:36 AM
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over - and expecting a different result.

Do you really expect a different result if you elect Mitt Romney?

Huckabee?

Gingrich?

Or Ron Paul?

Elect a man with principles. You don't have to agree with every one of them - but you know you agree with some of them. It's time for real change. It's time to elect a man who will do what is necessary to save this country from the financial ruin everyone knows (down deep) is coming. Or do nothing and change nothing. You decide.

TrentEmberson
04-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Same way I'd sell coke at a house party - give 'em a taste for free, then let them see you walking in and out of the bedrooms (and closing the door behind you) with the cool people and hot girls. The same way Cartman sold tickets to his amusement park (♪"So much to do at Cartmanland, but you can't come, especially Stan and Kyle!"♫). I'm no political consultant, but there's something to exclusion marketing. "It would be exclusive, you'd have to know the people on the site to get past your own page. Like getting punched." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtxyfQtZlKQ)

I actually use the same technique to get my puppy to go into his crate when he doesn't want to. I go into his crate first, then he tries to follow me. I push him out a few times to close the deal, then when I get out all he wants to do is go in.

sailingaway
04-28-2011, 08:05 AM
A consistent Constitutionalist with a thirty year record proving he walks the walk and keeps his head when all around him are losing theirs. Who understands economics, and saw the economic problems coming long ago because of systemic dysfunction others don't want to correct, since it allows the government to spend insane amounts of money on credit, and money is power for Washington DC. Who not only doesn't hate America, but loves America so much he doesn't want to see it absorbed into a 'global community' where people in the world who don't share our standards and dedication to liberties would outnumber those who do.

A man with a voting record and personal record that makes apathetic political cynics go doe eyed.
:p

Deborah K
04-28-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd start by sending this to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkG13rBQ2Rw&feature=player_embedded

Then I'd send this radio interview with Glenn Beck if I were dealing with conservatives:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/04/27/glenn-interviews-rep-ron-paul/

Slutter McGee
04-28-2011, 08:09 AM
anti-nation building. don't phrase it as anti-war. People associate that with an overall view point that a war should never be fought. Don't argue that war is evil. Aruge that we can't afford it.

Don't argue that we should be able to smoke weed. Argue that the Federal drug war is unconstitutional and a waste of tax payer money.

Don't argue that welfare is evil. Argue that it is economically unsustainable.

How often do we hear, I agree with Ron Paul on economics, but not that other stuff?

So present the other stuff as economic arguments, not idealogical ones.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

georgiaboy
04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
He's what compassionate conservatism should've been.

cdc482
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I would focus on how much of a politician he is not.
70% of people don't vote, probably because politics sucks. Show them Ron Paul is not a politician.

He has said the same thing for 40 years straight.
He stands alone, even when he was being ridiculed, for what is right.
He never took lobbyist money.
If you ask him his position on an issue, he'll answer with words like "absolutely" not BS.
Selflessness, Honesty, and Integrity: it's like a Disney movie where the "right" guy gets the girl/wins the presidency.

And then if you do discuss him being anti-war or against the fed, I think you should mention that he was anti-war before most people knew where Iraq was, and he was anti-Fed before anyone knew what the Fed was.

cdc482
04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
anti-nation building. don't phrase it as anti-war. People associate that with an overall view point that a war should never be fought. Don't argue that war is evil. Aruge that we can't afford it.

Don't argue that we should be able to smoke weed. Argue that the Federal drug war is unconstitutional and a waste of tax payer money.

Don't argue that welfare is evil. Argue that it is economically unsustainable.

How often do we hear, I agree with Ron Paul on economics, but not that other stuff?

So present the other stuff as economic arguments, not idealogical ones.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
Nice.