PDA

View Full Version : Birther = Racist

Anti Federalist
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Or so sez the AP:

Birtherist response highlights racial undertones of ‘debate’

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/birth-certificate-wont-end-race-related-attacks-on-the-president

"There is a real deep-seated and vicious racism at work here in terms of trying to de-legitimate the president," Peniel Joseph, a professor of history at Tufts University, told The Ticket.

"This is more than just a conspiracy," Peniel added. "I think this is fundamentally connected to white supremacism in this country."

BlackTerrel
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
There is no doubt a significant portion of "birthers" don't like the idea of a black man as President. I don't know if it's the majority or a significant minority but it's there.

BlackTerrel
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289636-I-want-to-see-Obama-s-HS-and-college-transcripts-SAT-and-LSAT

Flash
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
This is retarded. Obama is the first President in modern times to have questionable legal authority to be President.

doodle
04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
There is no doubt a significant portion of "birthers" don't like the idea of a black man as President. I don't know if it's the majority or a significant minority but it's there.

Maybe. But this is more of a media noise issue and mostly superficial.

But it is interesting that no one raises question what motivated supporters of revenge attack on innocent people of Iraq who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 even if they were of same race as those of most reported 9/11 attackers?
Or what maotivates those who support providing US tax payers aid to facilitate a brutal occupation of a whole people of different religion in Palestine using distorted chosen race dogma from OT?

Racism is an interestic topic but that debate is almost never really had as an issues that touches people lives directly these days.

Romulus
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Utter crap. I'm not a birther, but this is the same old BS, calling the tea party racist. SOS = same old shit.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
With the conversations/debates I've had with a few birthers on facebook, there is no doubt in my mind that there are some racial undertones with some people in that movement. Just like there are some racial undertones within the black liberal movement.

doodle
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289636-I-want-to-see-Obama-s-HS-and-college-transcripts-SAT-and-LSAT

Cindy25 has his own mindset and doesn't speak for all or most people of any group. Don't know why you felt compelled to post that link in this discussion.

JK/SEA
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
So, i assume there has been an in depth, comprehensive investigation targeting hundreds of individuals suspected of being 'birthers' and documented proof that they are indeed racist?....

I want to see the proof. Real proof. Not just some apologist with white guilt who wrote something just to keep things stirred up.

If you say something enough times and get the bias crowd to help you repeat it, then hell, it must be true?

How in the hell did Obama get elected with all those racists out there?

Zippyjuan
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Some birthers probably are racist. Some are just conservatives. But to say they are all supremacists is silly.

bkreigh
04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1110/tnbillsfan.gif

Anti Federalist
04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
LoL ^^^

goldencane
04-27-2011, 11:14 PM
All I know is birther = annoying. No matter how much they complain, they will not get Obama out of office. Does anyone actually think Obama is stupid enough to think he would be able to get away with a fake birth certificate? Give it a rest birthers, there are many more important things that yall should be putting your time and energy into.

Stary Hickory
04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Racism is so like /yawn....yes we all know that not voting for Obama is racist, not letting him pass unconstitutional laws is racist, questioning his background is racist, opposing Acorn is racist, not going along with the liberal agenda is racist, demanding that taxes be cut is racist, not hiring people based on skin color is racist....I mean who really cares?

Not me, I don't care. They killed the whole concept when they keep trying to use racial hatred to shut down debate and manipulate people. You know who disgust me? People who use this issue for political gain.

Stary Hickory
04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
All I know is birther = annoying. No matter how much they complain, they will not get Obama out of office. Does anyone actually think Obama is stupid enough to think he would be able to get away with a fake birth certificate? Give it a rest birthers, there are many more important things that yall should be putting your time and energy into.

You know what really annoys me is people who use derogatory names like birther and then spend time and energy worrying about what I or anyone else does in my spare time. I am always skeptical when there is a reason to be. I think this current BC is legit...and you know what i looked into it....and you know what I don't care if you like it or not. The 1 1-1/2 hours I looked into it was fine for me, I spend maybe 5 mins every month if that even thinking about this. What would you prefer that people think about talk about? Hey maybe you can tell us what channels to watch on TV? We sure don't want to waste our time, by your estimation, God knows.

In short quit worrying about how people are spending their time and energy, present something worth pursuing add something positive and maybe people will see things your way. Good grief get a life.

Stary Hickory
04-27-2011, 11:36 PM
duplicate

pcosmar
04-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Does anyone actually think Obama is stupid enough to think he would be able to get away with a fake birth certificate?

Well,,,Yes.

And it seems that a lot of folks believe that some digitally manipulated image posted on a government web site is "evidence".

You do know that the government lies (as a habit, as a rule) don't you?

goldencane
04-28-2011, 01:08 AM
You know what really annoys me is people who use derogatory names like birther and then spend time and energy worrying about what I or anyone else does in my spare time. I am always skeptical when there is a reason to be. I think this current BC is legit...and you know what i looked into it....and you know what I don't care if you like it or not. The 1 1-1/2 hours I looked into it was fine for me, I spend maybe 5 mins every month if that even thinking about this. What would you prefer that people think about talk about? Hey maybe you can tell us what channels to watch on TV? We sure don't want to waste our time, by your estimation, God knows.

In short quit worrying about how people are spending their time and energy, present something worth pursuing add something positive and maybe people will see things your way. Good grief get a life.

Relax man and get the sand out of your VJ, I did not direct anything to you or call you a birther. I have looked into it about as much as you and I am skeptical when there is a reason to be as well, I wouldn't consider you a birther. To me a birther is someone who basically has been making Obama's birth certificate one of their top issues and that is all they talk about. And you know there are plenty of those people right now. And if the title "birther" offends you for some reason, what other word should be used to describe this group of people? I am just using the word that has become the common title of the group.

And trust me, I don't sit around worrying about what other people do unless it affects me. I couldn't care less what people do with their time, but if I feel they are wasting their time I don't mind taking 30 seconds to tell them that. Most of these people are going after this whole BC thing because they don't like what Obama has done in office and I think there are better ways to "change" things than what they are doing now. If you disagree, that is fine, but you obviously aren't one of those I feel is wasting their time. We all know there are certain approaches to accomplish things that are better than others, I personally don't think this whole birther thing is the best way to get Obama out of office.

In regards to TV channels, if you were watching TV to learn how to cook a meal, but you had ESPN on, I would probably tell you that might not be the best channel to watch if you want to accomplish your goal.

And I have a great life :rolleyes:

goldencane
04-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Well,,,Yes.

And it seems that a lot of folks believe that some digitally manipulated image posted on a government web site is "evidence".

Of course I know the government lies about things. That being said, Obama is still an intelligent man and so are many people around him. They knew anything they presented would be scrutinized no matter what. I'm pretty sure they have some people that understand how pdf files work and if they really did add fake layers to his birth certificate, they would cover that up.

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-28-2011, 01:20 AM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1110/tnbillsfan.gif

LOL! +rep.

Brian4Liberty
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
The 2012 Election will be about racism and abortion. Our favorite distractions.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LXxSHtFuqSo/TFe5yKgzbAI/AAAAAAAAANw/3HtNLHPCYo4/s1600/RedHerring.jpg

Front Page of Yahoo:

Birtherist response highlights racial undertones of ‘debate’
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/birth-certificate-wont-end-race-related-attacks-on-the-president

Dr.3D
04-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Seems like with all of these charges of racism, in order to keep that from happening again, there won't be another black president for a long long time. I'm sure people are getting sick and tired of the old and worn out racism crap.

jmdrake
04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Of course I know the government lies about things. That being said, Obama is still an intelligent man and so are many people around him. They knew anything they presented would be scrutinized no matter what. I'm pretty sure they have some people that understand how pdf files work and if they really did add fake layers to his birth certificate, they would cover that up.

But here's the rub. Either they are so stupid as to not cover up their crime, or their so stupid as to release a legit PDF that somehow was mangled through OCR (as one anti-birther theory goes) rather than scan it in as a simple image. So the only question is "Which version of stupid do you think best fits the Obama administration". The only way this was "smart" is if Alex Jones was right and Obama purposefully released a mangled BC just to keep the confusion going.

jmdrake
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM

If Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton were president I guarantee you there would not be a birther issue. If John McCain had been elected president and had not released his birth certificate I guarantee you there would be a birther issue.

Brian4Liberty
04-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Seems like with all of these charges of racism, in order to keep that from happening again, there won't be another black president for a long long time. I'm sure people are getting sick and tired of the old and worn out racism crap.

Or it's going to be the campaign slogan:

Obama 2012: If you don't vote Obama, you're a racist!

goldencane
04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
If Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton were president I guarantee you there would not be a birther issue. If John McCain had been elected president and had not released his birth certificate I guarantee you there would be a birther issue.

I agree. The vast majority of birthers are birthers because they don't like Obama, his policies, and his actions in office. Other than those on here, MOST do not really care about the constitutional issue. If they did, they would have risen up every time Obama, Bush, etc. abused their powers and violated the constitution. The birther group would have much easier things to go after Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton than a birth certificate. And most of them wouldn't care about John McCain because most of them agree with him.

Lucille
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Or it's going to be the campaign slogan:

Obama 2012: If you don't vote Obama, you're a racist!

Has anyone else gotten this email going around?:

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist, you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

Heh.

Also, the economy is racist.

I Don't Vote
04-28-2011, 04:10 PM

So what? I would say a lot of black people LIKE the idea of a black person as President. And that is the SOLE reason for them voting for him.

If one group of people can vote for a person simply because they belong to the same race, is it any different when a different group of people vote against him for belonging to a different race? Because both groups are still voting on the basis of race, although I think blacks are more guilty than whites in respect to the last presidential election.

MelissaWV
04-28-2011, 04:15 PM
This far into the thread, and no one has pointed out that the anti-birther lady is, in fact, spreading a conspiracy wherein white supremacists get together and cause Obama to spend millions of dollars, not release his birth certificate, and also it's all a ploy to force the first black (half-black, no? Always so strange to me...) President out of office because of the color of his skin?

I mean, doesn't that sound at least as bonkers as "Gosh maybe this guy was born somewhere else, or has foreign citizenship"?

:p

I Don't Vote
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
This far into the thread, and no one has pointed out that the anti-birther lady is, in fact, spreading a conspiracy wherein white supremacists get together and cause Obama to spend millions of dollars, not release his birth certificate, and also it's all a ploy to force the first black (half-black, no? Always so strange to me...) President out of office because of the color of his skin?

I mean, doesn't that sound at least as bonkers as "Gosh maybe this guy was born somewhere else, or has foreign citizenship"?

:p

Here's the difficulty. So many people believe that his presidency is such a significant one, that they defend it solely on the fact that he is black (my bad, he's half black. His mama be white which make him half evil white man).

So the fuck what? I'm Chinese. If there were a Chinese candidate that mimicked Obama, would I vote for him? Hell no, I'd vote for Ron Paul (maybe for the first time in my life, if Ron was high enough in the polls). All this racist talk is just a ploy to get Obama elected again.

Janeane Garofalo anybody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAHMDpk7Ik

Dr.3D
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Here's the difficulty. So many people believe that his presidency is such a significant one, that they defend it solely on the fact that he is black (my bad, he's half black. His mama be white which make him half evil white man).

So the fuck what? I'm Chinese. If there were a Chinese candidate that mimicked Obama, would I vote for him? Hell no, I'd vote for Ron Paul (maybe for the first time in my life, if Ron was high enough in the polls). All this racist talk is just a ploy to get Obama elected again.

Polls be damned. I'll never make my decision to vote for someone based on some stinking poll.

Lucille
04-28-2011, 04:49 PM

I thought Kevin Jackson did a great job responding to Garofalo:

Racist Garofalo to the Rescue (http://theblacksphere.net/racist-garofalo-to-the-rescue/)

As a black man, I love it when ignorant white women like Janeane Garofalo speak for all blacks. It’s thrilling to me that Janeane would take time out of her busy Hollyweird life to protect me and my peeps — the downtrodden, the oppressed…the lowly Negro.
[...]
Black people should be up in arms over the idea that Garofalo thinks we are so weak, that we cannot defend ourselves. A group of people who survived slavery and the institutionalized racism of the Democratic Party, but we need the “White Chick Protector of the Lowly Negro.”

Further we should be offended that she is meddling not for us, but for her own benefit. She thinks we are stupid enough to support her lame attempt to exploit us. Are there not real black issues on which Garofalo could have been working in the black community that could have positive impact? I doubt it, since five decades of blacks voting Democrat have fixed all of the black community’s problems.

Finally, and perhaps most absurd of all is Garofalo actually proves herself to be not only a racist, but the worst kind of racist…an ignorant racist. She obviously knows nothing about the overwhelmingly racist history of her own party, and its decimation of black people.
[...]
Garofalo is the prototypical elitist, who believes blacks to be weak and stupid. With those perceptions of blacks, she is the perfect representative of the racist, elitist Democrat Party. How did we survive without them?

Stary Hickory
04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Thing is this issue is pretty dead atm. The timing of this will not carry on into elections, so really it will for all intent and purposes end much of the speculation about it. I don't see how this is a political win, or how the Obama campaign can expect to win a presidency on the back of racial hatred which they are engendering with their rhetoric.

Racism has been a tool used to get certain politicians elected for years, but I think we are past that. Its time to come together not let politicians and our overlords manipulate us by trying to divide us with race. Race mongers are out there but they are less effective these days. Which is a good thing.

SimpleName
04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
They don't go hand-in-hand, but lets be honest. A large portion of this is racism. The idea that he could have been born in another country is well-founded. His mother was all over the place. That sort of confusing trail should lead to some suspicion with no connection to race. But the bigot love the idea that they can ruin a black presidency, so this is a quick way to hurt his reputation. Anyone hear about that Mississippi PPP poll of Republicans which found 46% of them want to ban interracial marriage?!? Polls may not be accurate, but 46% cannot be skewed or written off. You cannot possibly doubt there is a large foundation of bigots that were pushing this birther stuff.

MelissaWV
04-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Polls lie all the time. Data doesn't, but polls are not data; they are data largely repeated without context.

The company asked 400 Republican primary voters about their preferences for candidates for state and national offices, as well as their views on interracial marriage.

In Mississippi, 46 percent of GOP primary voters think interracial marriage should be illegal, according to a new poll. Only 40 percent said it should be permitted.A whopping 46 percent of likely GOP primary voters said they think interracial marriage should be illegal, while only 40 percent said they think it should be allowed. Another 14 percent said they were unsure.

It was only 45 years ago that Mississippi legalized interracial marriage, and this poll indicates it continues to be a controversial subject.

GOP Primary voters are not representative of the GOP in general, at least in my experience. It's interesting you phrased it how you did. The poll asks if it should be legal or illegal, not whether or not steps should be taken to ban it right now.

You'd also think from your post that we'd see more Birthers from Mississippi. Do you have some data to back that up? :D

jmdrake
04-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I agree. The vast majority of birthers are birthers because they don't like Obama, his policies, and his actions in office. Other than those on here, MOST do not really care about the constitutional issue. If they did, they would have risen up every time Obama, Bush, etc. abused their powers and violated the constitution. The birther group would have much easier things to go after Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton than a birth certificate. And most of them wouldn't care about John McCain because most of them agree with him.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. There would be an anti John McCain birther crowd it just would be different. In 2008 some people here at RPF were trying to raise the John McCain birther issue. And the birther issue wouldn't be used against Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton because their parents were never out of the country so there's no question as to where they were born. My point is, there are many non racial angles to this story.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Cindy25 has his own mindset and doesn't speak for all or most people of any group. Don't know why you felt compelled to post that link in this discussion.

Because a number of the people attacking Obama are in fact racist - as was the thread that I linked to.

But it is interesting that no one raises question what motivated supporters of revenge attack on innocent people of Iraq who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 even if they were of same race as those of most reported 9/11 attackers?
Or what maotivates those who support providing US tax payers aid to facilitate a brutal occupation of a whole people of different religion in Palestine using distorted chosen race dogma from OT?

Racism is an interestic topic but that debate is almost never really had as an issues that touches people lives directly these days.

I would like to try an experiment with you wherein I bring up an unrelated topic and you bring it back to Palestine. Ok here we go:

Many people believe that Mortal Kombat is the best video game of all time. However I believe that Donkey Kong is the best game ever

BlackTerrel
04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Well,,,Yes.

But that's the point. What would be evidence?

Put it this way. Would there ever be a point where Alex Jones and that Corsi guy and all those like them would say "oops. You know what we were wrong, Obama was born in the US. Don't buy my book".

Of course not. That's how they make their living. So just admit it and be done with it.

Bruno
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I wonder who has more posts in birther threads? Black Terrel dismissing every argument without ever addressing them, or all the "birthers" added together voicing their concerns and questions? Gotta be close! Lol.

jmdrake
04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
But that's the point. What would be evidence?

Put it this way. Would there ever be a point where Alex Jones and that Corsi guy and all those like them would say "oops. You know what we were wrong, Obama was born in the US. Don't buy my book".

Of course not. That's how they make their living. So just admit it and be done with it.

What would it take for you to decide the BC was fake? Serious question.

I'll put it to you another way. Say if this were a probate case, you were on the jury, one side presented a "will" and the other side presented evidence that the will was fake. Would you dismiss the evidence of the will being fake a priori and say "Well it looks like a valid will on the surface so let's just find for side A and be done with it"? I don't know if the BC is fake or not. I wish it was real. And Alex Jones really hasn't been hanging his hat on the birther issue. But there are serious problems with what was released.

Stary Hickory
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I wonder who has more posts in birther threads? Black Terrel dismissing every argument without ever addressing them, or all the "birthers" added together voicing their concerns and questions? Gotta be close! Lol.

I do tire of the ignorant "you are racist" innuendo. Shouldn't be tolerated imo.

Ninja Homer
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
There was a "lib chick" circle jerk in a facebook post going on and on about how the birther thing is just plain racism. I'm not a birther, but I jumped in and called them out on it. They got all pissy about it, but I think I won in the end:

me: Call it what you want; a distraction, politics, undermining qualifications, whatever... it's just not racism. Obama could have put a stop to it all 4 years ago by simply releasing what he just released today.

lib chick: Well, by this stream of thought, the only way that anything is ever racist is if someone comes right out and says - I am doing xyz, because I don't like ____ people, because of their ethnicity, skin color etc.. and that is not logical. What you described above are all symptoms of racism, much like voter suppression and voting tests etc.. during the Jim Crow era were symptoms of racism.

me: So you're saying that distraction, politics, and the undermining of qualifications is racism? I'm pretty sure that has been done to every President in the last 100 years. Or are you saying that it's just racism now because Obama isn't white? If so, then you are the one perpetuating racism by saying that Obama must be held to a different standard because of the color of his skin. Jim Crow laws weren't symptoms of racism, they were straight up racist laws enacted by white Democrats.

---crickets---

goldencane
04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. There would be an anti John McCain birther crowd it just would be different. In 2008 some people here at RPF were trying to raise the John McCain birther issue. And the birther issue wouldn't be used against Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton because their parents were never out of the country so there's no question as to where they were born. My point is, there are many non racial angles to this story.

I understood, maybe my wording was a bit off. I agree with all of that, I was just adding more of my thoughts as to why. I was mostly just talking about the current birther group though, theres no doubt there would be a completely different group of birthers if McCain was elected.

bruce leeroy
04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
some birthers are racist,but so what. So are some truck drivers, wal mart employees, welders, dallas city orchestra members, people with type O- blood, and scuba divers.

Wicklowwolf
04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
It's the liberal left playing the race-card again to protect Barry Soetoro aka Barack (Hussein) Obama). Alan Keyes and Dr. David Manning are both black Americans. Orly Taitz is Jewish.

doodle
04-29-2011, 05:18 PM
I would like to try an experiment with you wherein I bring up an unrelated topic and you bring it back to Palestine. Ok here we go:

Many people believe that Mortal Kombat is the best video game of all time. However I believe that Donkey Kong is the best game ever

I don't know why would you ask a video game question in a thread discussing racism but alright.
If it were not for US taxpyers funding/arming of brutal Israeli occupation of Palestinians and we had not insisited on not paying free market price for oil, there would not have been assassination of Bobby Kennedy, False flag Lavon affair, WTC I bombing, 9/11, Iraq war, abu ghraib, Obama election, current level of economic fall, enhanced tounching of American girls and kids by Obama agencies, and many young Americans would not be fighting wars abroad based on cooked up stories in countries that did not attack us...instead many more would be discussing Mortal Kombat and D King.

I was merely pointing out that your charge of racism even if with some merit was about a question people had right to raise without being hit with racism charge and was about an issue that was superficial in bigger scheme of things and that there were other more serious questions relating to this topic that have not been raised.

BlackTerrel
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know why would you ask a video game question in a thread discussing racism but alright.
If it were not for US taxpyers funding/arming of brutal Israeli occupation of Palestinians and we had not insisited on not paying free market price for oil, there would not have been assassination of Bobby Kennedy, False flag Lavon affair, WTC I bombing, 9/11, Iraq war, abu ghraib, Obama election, current level of economic fall, enhanced tounching of American girls and kids by Obama agencies, and many young Americans would not be fighting wars abroad based on cooked up stories in countries that did not attack us...instead many more would be discussing Mortal Kombat and D King.

I was merely pointing out that your charge of racism even if with some merit was about a question people had right to raise without being hit with racism charge and was about an issue that was superficial in bigger scheme of things and that there were other more serious questions relating to this topic that have not been raised.

Well done. + rep

Don Lapre
04-29-2011, 10:05 PM

You know, I've seen a very miniscule number of 'birthers' say word one about race when it comes to this issue of B.O.'s eligibility.

And yet I've seen countless Barry apologists puking out racism charges over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over[/energizer bunny]

You do the math, smart guy.