PDA

View Full Version : The Despicable Treatment of Lt. Col. Lakin

DisillusionedPatriot
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
I am by no means convinced that the birth certificate saga is over, but the saddest part to me is this: Lieutenant Colonel Lakin, a brave and noble patriot is about to be released, at the end of his six months imprisonment. His crime? He questioned the line of authority and the eligibility of the president to serve as commander in chief. When he received no answer, he refused to obey orders.

If the birth certificate is legitimate, what sort of leader, what sort of man must Obama be? He must have been aware that millions of Americans doubted his authenticity and that an innocent man sat in jail while he sat on the evidence that would free that man and render his sacrifice unnecessary. Was it pure political cynicism? Did he sacrifice the wishes and liberties of his citizens to a ploy? If so, his suitability for the highest office in the land ought to be questioned regardless of citizenship status.

Zippyjuan
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Why pity Lakin? He freely and willingly joined the military. He freely and willingly accepted orders to deploy to the Middle East on two previous occasions. On the third he decided he would not obey the orders of a commanding officer. All choices he made.

DisillusionedPatriot
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Your argument is antithetical to the foundation of any belief in liberty, a notion to which I assume you subscribe. Terrence Lakin took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. There was, and continues to be, a reasonable basis to believe that Obama is not eligible to serve as the Commander in Chief. It is the right, if not the duty, of all men in the armed services to do what Lakin has done. To say that service in the military requires thoughtless, servile, and sycophantic dedication to men rather than laws, or that having once joined he is forever compelled to submit to unjust commands degrades personal freedom and the safety of this nation.

rnestam
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Military is based on respect and discipline, if he questioned his drill sergeant in such a way he would have gotten punched and told to shut up. If everyone between him and the President in the chain of command believes it he need to accept it or quit. He was being disrespectful and deserved what he got, not a patriot, an idiot for thinking POTUS would even say hello to him, never mind listen to an order from him to do something. Regardless of the truth. "I want Bush to show me his drivers license or I'm not going to Iraq.." Would have landed him in he same cell...and NO President would have even thought about pulling out his wallet to set this guy free...

nate895
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
It is not the job of Lt. Colonels to question the constitutional eligibility of the President of the United States.

DisillusionedPatriot
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
It is the job of any American who questions the authority of their officials to seek redress. There is no legitimate reason by which a "public servant" may refuse to prove his eligibility for the office he holds or aspires to hold. All Americans retain the right to demand this of their leaders, and especially of the President, for whom special requirements are proscribed by our nation's highest governing document.

I wish an infinite number of America's men and women in the military would act as Lakin did. Regardless, it is clear that they all would have the right to do so.

rnestam
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
No President follows the Constitution, that's why we are fighting to get RP elected...even if he were born in Kenya, still not as bad as preemptive war with Iraq with no declaration, sure he didn't care about that...Chain of command is very important to our safety.

Stary Hickory
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I am by no means convinced that the birth certificate saga is over, but the saddest part to me is this: Lieutenant Colonel Lakin, a brave and noble patriot is about to be released, at the end of his six months imprisonment. His crime? He questioned the line of authority and the eligibility of the president to serve as commander in chief. When he received no answer, he refused to obey orders.

If the birth certificate is legitimate, what sort of leader, what sort of man must Obama be? He must have been aware that millions of Americans doubted his authenticity and that an innocent man sat in jail while he sat on the evidence that would free that man and render his sacrifice unnecessary. Was it pure political cynicism? Did he sacrifice the wishes and liberties of his citizens to a ploy? If so, his suitability for the highest office in the land ought to be questioned regardless of citizenship status.

This is why this issue in the longrun is bad for Obama. He dug his own grave, he snubbed his nose at many many people. Only to release the BC when it became politically untenable not to do so. He did not do it out of respect or concern for the people he is trying to exploit....oops govern. No he did it out of fear. He has proven he harbors a real disdain and disrespect for much of America...to let such a trivial issue fester and cause so much doubt and end the career of military members.

Is he sly for playing such a joke on Americans? As if America did not have enough to worry about without a sitting POTUS acting like a jack ass. It will always be a disgrace.

DisillusionedPatriot
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
No he did it out of fear. He has proven he harbors a real disdain and disrespect for much of America...to let such a trivial issue fester and cause so much doubt and end the career of military members.

Is he sly for playing such a joke on Americans? As if America did not have enough to worry about without a sitting POTUS acting like a jack ass. It will always be a disgrace.

This is exactly my point. Regarding the issue of the birth certificate, even the best case scenario is a total loss, because:

1) It doesn't prove anything until a court accepts it as being sufficient to fulfill the natural born citizenship requirement; and

2) If Obama had the birth certificate all along and it's real, he knowingly withheld it for years, while mocking the American citizenry, undermining their sovereignty and proclaiming the matter settled.

Apparently it took approximately five or fewer days from Obama's request until the unveiling of the certificate. There might be all sorts of ulterior political or private motives, but no legitimate ones could be presented as to why it was not produced long before now. The public has the right to test it's leaders' eligibility for office, and to be provided with a well-informed and authoritative answer. This man lacks both the gravitas and humility to be president of a free people.