PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Slams MSNBC's Cenk Uyger: You're Misleading The People! [Video]

Zatch
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGkHynHB7w

low preference guy
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I think the less aggressive Ron Paul is more persuasive. It's good to strongly criticize the Fed, but going after the hosts themselves is counterproductive (unless it's Spitzer).

Zatch
04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
I think the less aggressive Ron Paul is more persuasive. It's good to strongly criticize the Fed, but going after the hosts themselves is counterproductive (unless it's Spitzer).

I thought it was great. Cenk is an idiot shill.

TheTyke
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow, Ron was fired up. Rarely see him that agitated. :o

Sola_Fide
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
That host is in a 3 way tie with O'Donnell and Ed Shultz for who I want to punch.

IDefendThePlatform
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I also thought it was great. Dr. P knows he is running in a Republican primary, and picking a fight and defending Republicans against jerks like Cenk is exactly what he needs to be doing.

I also thought he did a decent job of answering the "Are you going to phase out SS/medicare?" question affirmatively but still emphasizing that he wont throw the elderly out in the street.

sratiug
04-27-2011, 07:14 PM

Maybe they'll quit lying if they are called on it.

Sentinelrv
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I love that Ron is stressing more on the facts that SS and medicare will end in disaster if nothing is done soon, and that he has a plan to transistion us out of it. It's much better than when he used to say it just needs to be abolished. Now he caters to the concerns of the people that would be thrown out in the streets as a direct result of that.

Fredom101
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I liked this interview. Paul was fired up. Cenk is just trying to get a "gotcha" moment, which is pretty pathetic.

Fredom101
04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I love that Ron is stressing more on the facts that SS and medicare will end in disaster if nothing is done soon, and that he has a plan to transistion us out of it. It's much better than when he used to say it just needs to be abolished. Now he caters to the concerns of the people that would be thrown out in the streets as a direct result of that.

Yes, but people think the government is magical, and Cenk was trying to paint the picture of Paul as the evil Grinch who would "take away" people's SS & medicare.

awake
04-27-2011, 07:23 PM
They simply don't see the train coming. They keep calling for more government.

CasualApathy
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I thought it was great. Cenk is an idiot shill.

Agreed, call them out on their bs.

Chester Copperpot
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM

Yeah I thought that was great too.. get into specifics.. help people visualize whats going on..

last time around it was "ron paul wants to end social security"

But now people are going to get the message that this is the only way to save it for those who need it.\

anaconda
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
FINALLY: Ron Paul let's it rip with no holds barred. He's talking about riots in the streets! If he will take this tone in the debates it will be awesome.

CasualApathy
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Full frontal liberty baby !

I love it when Ron gets fired up :D

amy31416
04-27-2011, 07:40 PM

Yep. They'll be bitching when they get it too.

Travlyr
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM

This is right-on! People have a responsibility to educate themselves. TV minions are either lying, or they don't see it coming either.

Working Poor
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM

He has been saying this all along it must just be the first time you heard him say it. He has never said he would take the people off of it who are dependent on it. Never! People need to take the cotton out of their ears and stuff it in their mouths.

CasualApathy
04-27-2011, 07:57 PM
He has been saying this all along it must just be the first time you heard him say it. He has never said he would take the people off of it who are dependent on it. Never! People need to take the cotton out of their ears and stuff it in their mouths.

Come on now, to be fair Ron has often neglected to mention his transition phase in the past. I know that he has never said that he would throw people out in the streets, but he has often just said abolish it, it's unconstitutional and neglected to specify that he would not just abolish it outright but transition out, so it's good to see him mentioning that more consistently now.

Fermli
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM

yea this is great. A further step he could take would be to specifically state that savings from cuts on militarism could be used to fund social security/medicare/medicaid until those programs can be phased out. He did reference cutting militarism, but didn't specifically connect the two in the same sentence.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just nitpicking?

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I just saw this somewhere else. THIS is what we give progressives and those worried about social security. The end of it, at least.

Working Poor
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Come on now, to be fair Ron has often neglected to mention his transition phase in the past. I know that he has never said that he would throw people out in the streets, but he has often just said abolish it, it's unconstitutional and neglected to specify that he would not just abolish it outright but transition out, so it's good to see him mentioning that more consistently now.

no he hasn't I have heard him say the same thing many times

lx43
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
RP was on fire in this video-I like!

KramerDSP
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
PLEASE share this video with those that are afraid of Ron Paul ending Social Security and Medicaid.

Ron Paul's Transition Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3iK6Hy6xMA

bunklocoempire
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
As always, thank you Dr. Paul.:)

CENK:
“I have massive issues with Ben Bernanke, I have massive issues with Tim Geitner who are republican left overs that the Obama administration has taken on for reasons that no one can really fathom…”

Wow, I wonder how many on this forum, or watching Cenk's pathetic act, or the man he was "interviewing" might be able to fathom the un-fathomable.

:rolleyes::mad:

Bunkloco

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
PLEASE share this video with those that are afraid of Ron Paul ending Social Security and Medicaid.

Ron Paul's Transition Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3iK6Hy6xMA

Thanks I looked for that earlier today and couldn't find it. The new one on MSNBC addresses that at the end, too:

CasualApathy
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
no he hasn't I have heard him say the same thing many times

LOL, yes he has :p

I don't get why you would deny that? It's mostly because the hosts have cut him off and he hasn't insisted on pointing it out anyway.

Johnnymac
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
haha when they first put ron on he looked PISSED! awesome!

actually he didnt just look he WAS!

Fermli
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
great video KramerDSP. He needs to keep using those same phrases.

Zatch
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
We need to Drudge bomb this.

AuH20
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
The left doesn't want to face reality. Their programs will be dissolved by market forces if something is not done.

doodle
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGkHynHB7w

Ron wax excellent in educating him and explaining the dire situation we are in and his priorities - that he would cut all foreign militaristic spending and foreign aid wlefare programs first. I can hear Cenk's neocon producers screaming in his don't let him talk about foreign militaristic spening and foreign aid, keep talking about about medicare/medicaid domestic programs.

torchbearer
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
i thought ron did a great job.

outspoken
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
The house is on fire and all its inhabitants are at risk of burning to death and these liberal talking heads wanna make the libertarian perspective sound cruel and mean as if they're planning on starving people to death. What part is not logical??? The whole system is collapsing and we won't have to wait for people to starve because they are going to burn figuratively speaking from the violence that will ensure from the collapse of the dollar. It is unconscienable to play on people's gravest fears and hopes that some nanny state can save them from themselves.

torchbearer
04-27-2011, 10:07 PM
The house is on fire and all its inhabitants are at risk of burning to death and these liberal talking heads wanna make the libertarian perspective sound cruel and mean as if they're planning on starving people to death. What part is not logical??? The whole system is collapsing and we won't have to wait for people to starve because they are going to burn figuratively speaking from the violence that will ensure from the collapse of the dollar. It is unconscienable to play on people's gravest fears and hopes that some nanny state can save them from themselves.

+1 rep.
like the analogy, let me furthur it.
there is a party in the house, the roof is on fire.
libertarians are telling people they need to stop partying and get out of the house or they are all going to die.
then they are chastised for wanting to end the party, while the people who are disagreeing with them are ignoring the outcome of everyone dying.

AuH20
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM

The problem is emotionally fueled ideologues like Michael Moore. He keeps insisting that it's a revenue problem. There's plenty of money around he states. We just need to take it back he says.

torchbearer
04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
The problem is emotionally fueled ideologues like Michael Moore. He keeps insisting that it's a revenue problem. There's plenty of money around he states. We just need to take it back he says.

I could have sworn i heard statistics being bounced around that if we took 100% from those making over 250,000 a year- we still could cover our deficit.
wouldn't that defeat moore's argument that his fat ass isn't being taxed into poverty?

BucksforPaul
04-27-2011, 10:58 PM
This talking head got blindsided and pwned by Dr. Paul. In my opinion, I have not seen Ron this aggressive (last decade) and he needs to do it more often when they try to paint him in a negative way. Ron is naturally over courteous during interviews, but in this segment he lead the discussion the entire time despite the effort of the surprised hack.

Not only is this the best explanation of his plan to salvage SS and Medicare, but also, he has separated himself from the rest of the establishment opponents. I don't know how it is where you live, but everyone I talk to, irrespective of their age, knows that the welfare system is in trouble. They don't exactly know the real reasons/causes of our problems, but the rising prices are lifting the veil off the hollow system. Other candidates are not even willing to talk about these grave issues and here comes the Champion of the Constitution with a plan to restore America.

Furthermore, the last 2 minutes of this video is pure gold for reaching to the senior citizens. /hint for the montages! :D

AuH20
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Ron needs charts showing the immediate insolvency of S.S. and Medicare. I believe both these programs are conspicuously hidden off the budget as well.

Romulus
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Ron kicked it!

Hotchney
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Honestly, Paul doesn't look good in this interviews. For some reason, he cannot articulate a thought for longer than 2 sentences when he gets angry. He just can't collect his thoughts. He started well enough but quickly lost it. Sorry - he's done great in most interviews since he announced but he needs to always be on his game in these things and he wasn't here. Talking points are crucial for when anger strikes.

An effective debate technique I like is asking the opponent a question and letting them dig themselves a ditch:
Cenk, have you even considered what will happen to programs like medicare if we see 15% inflation over the next year?
Cenk, do you know how much we spend abroad every year?
Cenk, do you support bankrupting the younger people in this country to pay for welfare and subsidies now?

He needs someone to coach him before every interview. No one can do all the media time he has to do and not have some help collecting they're thoughts. It's always been his weakness to walk unprepared into these things.

zacharyrow
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Honestly, Paul doesn't look good in this interviews. For some reason, he cannot articulate a thought for longer than 2 sentences when he gets angry. He just can't collect his thoughts. He started well enough but quickly lost it. Sorry - he's done great in most interviews since he announced but he needs to always be on his game in these things and he wasn't here. Talking points are crucial for when anger strikes.

An effective debate technique I like is asking the opponent a question and letting them dig themselves a ditch:
Cenk, have you even considered what will happen to programs like medicare if we see 15% inflation over the next year?
Cenk, do you support bankrupting the younger people in this country to pay for welfare and subsidies now?

He needs someone to coach him before every interview. No one can do all the media time he has to do and not have some help collecting they're thoughts. It's always been his weakness to walk unprepared into these things.

I disagree. Sure he messes up words but he's raw and his point still gets across (if you listen.) Ron must have looked at my thread showing his old videos! He needs to get fired up more, especially in debates. People need to start listening.

Watching it again, Paul was right on! He didn't mess up on his words nearly as much as he usually does and he completely owned Cenk. If I had to show a friend a new video of Ron Paul, I'd show them this.

Ball
04-28-2011, 12:10 AM
I think Ron's just agitated about how moronic Cenk is.

How the HELL is borrowing and printing money to support Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security a separate issue than monetary policy?! I'd be pissed, too.

zacharyrow
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
I think Ron's just agitated about how moronic Cenk is.

How the HELL is borrowing and printing money to support Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security a separate issue than monetary policy?! I'd be pissed, too.

Paul was great in that interview. He explained he wouldn't just put people on the streets and cut Medicare. I think people who had no idea about him looked him up after that interview.

Flirple
04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Full frontal liberty baby !

Now THAT is a campaign slogan I could get excited about:

Ron Paul 2012
"Full Frontal Liberty"

TheNcredibleEgg
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM

Well said.

I think everyone who claims Ron Paul "won" this debate with Cenk is looking at the encounter purely from a RonPaul supporter point of view - because we know Ron Paul is right before he even speaks.

But Cenk's supporters have a completely different reaction. And Ron Paul lost. Badly. They just heard that Ron Paul will end social security and medicare. Period.

He did not offer a cohesive counter plan. He never really put Cenk on the defensive with anything tangible that the average, uniformed could be persuaded with.

(That being said - he usually does better in most other interviews - but this one - not so much.)

zacharyrow
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Well said.

I think everyone who claims Ron Paul "won" this debate with Cenk is looking at the encounter purely from a RonPaul supporter point of view - because we know Ron Paul is right before he even speaks.

But Cenk's supporters have a completely different reaction. And Ron Paul lost. Badly. They just heard that Ron Paul will end social security and medicare. Period.

He did not offer a cohesive counter plan. He never really put Cenk on the defensive with anything tangible that the average, uniformed could be persuaded with.

(That being said - he usually does better in most other interviews - but this one - not so much.)

What in the world did you watch? Cenk didn't even get any points in. When he tried to paint Ron as someone trying to put people on the streets Ron shot that down and explained he would cut all the overseas spending first. He made nothing but valid points.

BucksforPaul
04-28-2011, 12:47 AM
What in the world did you watch? Cenk didn't even get any points in. When he tried to paint Ron as someone trying to put people on the streets Ron shot that down and explained he would cut all the overseas spending first. He made nothing but valid points.

+ rep

TheNcredibleEgg
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM

Cenk did not need to get any points in. It was his turf. His viewers are mostly partisan supporters of his viewpoint.

It was encumbent upon Ron Paul to make his case and give them pause about their (misguided) beliefs. He did not accomplish that in this interview.

DamianTV
04-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Its easy to see what is going on here.

When the value of every persons dollar continues to go down because of the inflation of the money supply (the real culprit), the average person can not afford to take care of themselves on what they earn, and as a result, become dependant on the people that print the money for more money. If the value of the dollar did not continue to go down year after year after year, most people would be able to afford to take care of themselves. The need of having Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid all stem from the results of the money creation process to begin with.

The money is created for what ever the governments "needs" are, and those that need the value of their money to stay the same be damned. Look at it this way, food prices, on average, have gone up by about 35% in the last year or so. If you retire at 65, by the time you hit 75 (provided you make it that far), and if food prices go up by 35% per year (thats 35% the price of the previous year, not the original year, big difference there), in just 10 years the price of that same item will go up to 20 bucks. The alternate point of view is not to look at the price going up, but the value of the dollar going down. If the dollar were to lose 35% of its purchasing power per year for 10 years straight, the value drops to a staggering 0.013 cents. If a person was going to retire with $100,000, at the end of the 10 year period, the value of that has dropped to $1346.27 total. Again, that assumes a 35% drop in value of the new value, not the original.

The real solution here is to restore an Honest Money System. Everything else comes as a result of this.

Ron is absolutely right about needing to cut the spending, as usual. We dont spend, we dont print up new money. Then the jackass makes the remarks that Ron's statements about the Federal Reserve Bank are "interesting". It just goes to show who he is the mouthpiece for.

teacherone
04-28-2011, 01:35 AM
pure awesomeness dr. paul.

Jandrsn21
04-28-2011, 06:26 AM

YEAH! His ideas will be much better than the two options we have now. Rs saying cut it, cut it all, keep the wars going. The Ds going its cool we can print and borrow, pay for everything, destroy the dollar, and keep escalating these wars. RP nailed this interview! I also liked how RP acknowledged the fact that most Americans are WAY past the point of if SS is unconstitutional or not. It's our bread and butter, but many don't want to hear it. Many have been paying into SS their entire working lives, it won't fly.

Imperial
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Looks like Dr. Paul got pissed about the shoddy journalism that this guy was pushing.

Travlyr
04-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Looks like Dr. Paul got pissed about the shoddy journalism that this guy was pushing.

No kidding. Cenk Uyger is quite an embarrassment for MSNBC. That stuff is hard on credibility.

+rep for Ron Paul!

tasteless
04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Wow... I can't believe a major cable tv network gave that hack a job.

specsaregood
04-28-2011, 07:43 AM

I disagree, I thought he came off great here. Discrediting the interview, "you are misleading people" is a great tactic to get the listener to pay attention. They don't like being told they are being lied to.

Also, the fact that I can't find any lefty sites talking about this interview I think supports my opinion. If he went off the rails here, they would be talking about it.

payme_rick
04-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Not gunna read the whole thread so I may be echoing someone's sentiments here, but DAYUM! Is there any doubt that Ron is in it to win it? He's just rolling right along landing little jabs that take their toll in the long run... can't wait for the haymakers...

GATA Ron (get after that ass)!

angelatc
04-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Ron Paul 2012
"Full Frontal Liberty"

Great observation. It *is* a great slogan.

angelatc
04-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Here's a lib spin on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fipECHdLHXE - same video, no need to watch it. The title claims that Paul put his foot in his mouth twice, but doesn't give specifics.

Also, the poster is a pussy who screens comments.

ItsTime
04-28-2011, 08:11 AM
One of his best interviews yet! He kept it simple and explain how he WOULD NOT end SS and MC for the elderly and would not throw people on the streets. The ass clown tried to get a "gotcha" moment but failed miserably.

Koz
04-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Dr. Paul did ok, but he needed to be more clear about the fact that he is not king, he can't do anything without the congress, which he eluded to.

CasualApathy
04-28-2011, 08:26 AM

Ron Paul 2012
"Full Frontal Liberty"

Great observation. It *is* a great slogan.

Haha, thanks :D

I coined it when there was talk on the forum about a Paul/Paul run :)

StilesBC
04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd really like Ron to explain in detail why "all the inflation" ends Social Security far sooner and for more people than he would ever think about doing. I've got a feeling that most of the masses don't really get it.

It's as simple as stating that, "your social security cheque of $1000 in 2025 will be enough to buy you a carton of milk, eggs, and a loaf of bread. That's it. When you are arguing for the continuation of the current system, that is what you are telling me you want. I'm offering an alternative where those most in need are able to maintain a decent quality of life, while those who do not need it are able to opt out of the system. The current status quo is not an option on the menu."

Travlyr
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd really like Ron to explain in detail why "all the inflation" ends Social Security far sooner and for more people than he would ever think about doing. I've got a feeling that most of the masses don't really get it.

It's as simple as stating that, "your social security cheque of $1000 in 2025 will be enough to buy you a carton of milk, eggs, and a loaf of bread. That's it. When you are arguing for the continuation of the current system, that is what you are telling me you want. I'm offering an alternative where those most in need are able to maintain a decent quality of life, while those who do not need it are able to opt out of the system. The current status quo is not an option on the menu."

I get the impression that Ron has pretty much resigned himself to the fact that people will learn that first hand. I don't see him as giving up, but the writing is on the wall.

CasualApathy
04-28-2011, 02:04 PM

+2012!

I really hope someone in Pauls staff reads your comment, because I think you just nailed that.

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Great video. I hope to see a lot of this tonight. Ron taking people to task and hammering home is issues. For the record I remember seeing him talk about the transition idea back in 2007.