PDA

View Full Version : Extended October 30th/31st Fundraiser

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I wasn't sure if people would see this in the other subsection - please delete this if it's inappropriate.

I'd like to bust out a small-goal (like 200K or so) fundraiser for the 30th/31st. I know a lot of people are doing a "money bomb" on the night of the Tonight Show (the 30th) but I think it would be great if we could help spread it out to the 31st as well. I'd like to make a flyer/web site, so I need to find someone with time/photoshop skillz. Here's my idea:

I want to set up a small-goal fundraising drive before the end of the month to put an end to this flatline for the campaign, and I was thinking of making a Pauloween flyer with a few image mashups - here's what I had in mind:

Rudy Guiliani's face on Nosferatu (I've seen this somewhere else before, I can't remember where)

Mitt Romneystein - or mad scientist Mitt a la this picture (with the background jazzed up w/ tesla coils, etc.)

Fred Thompson as the the headless horseman (his head is rather pumpkin-like)

AND Ron Paul as Van Helsing or Blade, in the middle.

I was thinking over whether or not this has any of the obnoxiousness potential of the whole "V" thing, but since it'll be for Halloween I think mildly scary things are more appropriate.

For the text, something along the lines of "This Halloween, play a trick on the establishment - Give Ron Paul a treat!"

The other idea is to put Paul in a 60's looking movie poster as a doctor in a graveyard with headstones that read "the Constitution," "Habeas Corpus," "Rule of Law," etc., with Paul going around bringing them back to life. A nice necromancer, if you will.

I know this is on short notice, but I think it's really important to end this month with a surge of donations. We're on life support right now.

What do you think?

P.S. for Ron Paul as Van Helsing, I mean the infinitely cooler Van Helsing from the "Bram Stoker's Dracula," not from the crappy movie named "Van Helsing"

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 07:35 AM
just to be clear, this isn't to take away from the 5th at all, just to get some kind of bump to end the month strong.