PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul loves this country, and he should say it

TER
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Aside from just explaining his 'negative' reasons for why he wants to be president (as he said on Freedom Watch), he needs to start adding that he wants to become president because he loves this country and wants his children and grandchildren to have a better future. This is what much of the people want to hear. Yes - the policies, the constitutionality, the courage, and the resolve.; these are all vitally important. But he needs to also mention the deeper meanings as well, such as love and respect and empathy to fuel the hopes of the people who are starving for real change and future prosperity. This is how Obama got elected, and most every president before him.

The educational campaign continues- that never ends. But the fruits of such knowledge and wisdom, which is hope and faith in a better tomorrow, need also be announced.

my 2 cents

Havax
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Couldn't agree more. His chances to win some states will skyrocket if he can also do what Rand did and say how important "National Defense" truly is and how it's the government's main responsibility.

Sola_Fide
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes, totally agree.

Let's blow the preconceived notions out of the water and come out with a robust pro-American rhetoric. While those of us in the know realize it is empty, the majority of braindead voters react positively to red meat patriotism.

I see so many area where Ron could sound a positive tone rather than a negative one. I'd like to hear him say "We Can Do This America" and "I Want To Win".

Voters need to see that Ron is desiring the office...imo

smartguy911
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
+ 1 Trillion

RonwasRight
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
is there any hope that the campaign listens to these suggestions??

robertwerden
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
he should cry as well

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll leave that to him.

A lot of people say it and cheapen it. He lives it.

I remember in one interview a leftist newcaster was trying to point out that Obama's not wearing a flag pin (the scandal of the hour) wasn't a big deal. He didn't say that, but what he DID say to Ron was:

"I notice you don't wear a flag pin."

To which Ron got a look on his face I'll never forget, and said, quietly,"You don't want to question my patriotism."

The guy stuttered and stammered and dove for his notes.

TER
04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I'll leave that to him.

A lot of people say it and cheapen it. He lives it.

I remember in one interview a leftist newcaster was trying to point out that Obama's not wearing a flag pin (the scandal of the hour) wasn't a big deal. He didn't say that, but what he DID say to Ron was:

"I notice you don't wear a flag pin."

To which Ron got a look on his face I'll never forget, and said, quietly,"You don't want to question my patriotism."

The guy stuttered and stammered and dove for his notes.

Exactly this. Look at the impression he made on you, that you remember it to this day. Imagine the impression it would give to the those who haven't heard it before.

Him making patriotic statements at appropriate and opportune times does not cheapen anything. It strengthens the convictions of those who are looking for a leader.

PaulConventionWV
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I agree with much of what's being said here, but how do we relay this to Ron? Who lets him know these tidbits of info that are helpful? I don't mean every little detail that people bicker about. I mean important stuff like this that actually has noticeable effects. Who's going to let him know?

Remember McCain and all his chest-thumping? That was extremely annoying to me, but I could see how some would view him as a "stronger" candidate in the way he spoke and his stature. Hopefully Ron will show some more of that in his debates.

Qdog
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I want to see FIRE from Ron! Like from this 1988 interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anmlPvmd1Ew

Sola_Fide
04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
is there any hope that the campaign listens to these suggestions??

I think they do. Its not like Ron needs our novice advice though:)

JohnGalt1225
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I think as long as Ron does it in an honest, non manufactured way there's no way it could be a negative. I think all of Ron's supporters know that he loves America and has a great vision for the country. However, I think the media and his detractors can shout so loud about their own (often phony) patriotism that it drowns Ron out.

cdc482
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I want to see FIRE from Ron! Like from this 1988 interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anmlPvmd1Ew

Nice. Love that one. The audience questions are funny too.

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Exactly this. Look at the impression he made on you, that you remember it to this day. Imagine the impression it would give to the those who haven't heard it before.

Him making patriotic statements at appropriate and opportune times does not cheapen anything. It strengthens the convictions of those who are looking for a leader.

But what was impressive about it was the restraint and honesty. (and absolute disgusted disbelief). He DIDN'T say "No, I love this country and the freedoms and exceptionalism.....blah blah blah. He has to be true to himself in HOW he does it.

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 08:52 PM

Did you see him shut down the Turk on MSNBC today? Its a good video for his transition plan for social security and medicare at the end, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGkHynHB7w&feature=player_embedded

ForLibertyFight
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
+2012

goRPaul
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I'll never ever tell Ron or anyone else what they should say.

TER
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll never ever tell Ron or anyone else what they should say.

Even if you thought it would help them? Even if it was for someone you cared about and hoped to help in such a way? Do you have any brothers or sisters or children or friends? Isn't such suggesting what a friend does?

I'm not suggesting he should lie or deceive and I am certainly not suggesting I know what is best for Ron Paul and his campaign for President. I am merely stating that there exist people like myself who would welcome him answering a question like 'why do you want to be President?' with something more positive and hopeful than the response he sometimes give. He makes statements at times which portray him to be an unwilling servant. This is not what people look for in a leader. They want someone who is 100% willing and 100% determined to sacrifice everything for the people they will lead.

Of course, this is not to suggest that Ron Paul is not such a leader (in fact, I can think of no one else who has led the charge of liberty in Washington more than him this past generation). But it would nice to hear it on occasion so that those who do not know this man well enough and have not studied his positions as closely as the people who frequent these forums, will be assured that there is no one running for leader of their country which can compare with the courage, self-sacrifice and love for this nation than Ron Paul.

Obama won on empty rhetoric alone. That is how powerful words of hope are.

Ron Paul should speak about hope and change not at the expense of his libertarian message, but in addition to it, in fact, in support of it.

anaconda
04-27-2011, 10:06 PM
When creeps like Lawrence O'Donnell and Bill Kristol say Ron Paul hates the U.S. or hates the U.S. government, Ron should simply ask why the government hates the U.S.