PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Defined (Indiana) book distribution project

FriedChicken
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello all.

Yesterday I ordered 30 of RP's Liberty Defined books. They'll apparently be coming in slow, I should be receiving the first copy tomorrow. Don't know when the other 29 will be coming in.

I have a plan for these books and if anyone wants to get involved in this they're more than welcome to but I'm able to handle this on my own if you have other things going.

Step one:
I'm going to write a personal forward to the book and insert it into the jacket of all copies, I also might insert a DVD about Ron Paul into the back of the books. My contact information will permanently written in the book as well as a list of resources they can learn more about RP.

Step two:
I'm going to distribute the books to friends and family that I know how to stay in touch with. Give them some time to read the books then either have them fill out a survey on the book giving their thoughts, write a review or do a video interview about it.

Step three:
Any of the first recipients of the book that were impressed will be asked to find a friend or family member to give the book to and ask them to share their thoughts on the book as well.
Anyone who was unimpressed I'll ask to just return the book to me.
(at this point the books will still, technically, be owned by me and just loaned out to people)

Step four:
I'm really hoping that each of the books reach a 3rd party to be read by. I'm kind of planning on the books not coming back at this point since I think it would be hard to keep track of without calling and freaking out strangers. If I'm able to keep track of any of the books I'll do my best to get it to a 4th party.

With these 30 books I'm hoping to get at least 90 people to read it who otherwise would not have.

I'm going to catalog the response I get and if it seems to be an effective campaign I'll submit the idea with the evidence of its usefulness to groups like YAL, C4L and Meetup/facebook groups to try to get others to implement the idea as well.

Alright.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone wanting some of the books to distribute?
If I hand over some of the books to distribute I'd like you to keep track of who has them.
Thank you.

bwlibertyman
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I think that's a good idea. I've tried to get family members and friends to read the revolution. My trouble is I guess I don't hang out with people who read or like to read. Good luck!

Mahkato
04-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Donate a copy to each local library (don't forget college libraries). They'll probably get more play that way, as they'll be checked out by people who actually want to read it.

Also, if there's an active College Republicans chapter near you, go to a meeting and give a book to each attendee.

FriedChicken
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you for the suggestions.

bwlibertyman
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
bump

FriedChicken
05-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Got the books in the mail the other day, have given a few to some family members already. I'm a little more than half-way through reading the book myself so once I finish it I'll continue with the project.

nayjevin
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Donate a copy to each local library (don't forget college libraries). They'll probably get more play that way, as they'll be checked out by people who actually want to read it.

Also, if there's an active College Republicans chapter near you, go to a meeting and give a book to each attendee.

I've heard that some libraries won't catalogue new books - if there's already a number for it in the system, and they don't have enough copies they'll take it, and if not they'll sell it or get rid of it. Not sure, but that's what I've heard.