PDA

View Full Version : QOTD Poll: Has a public teacher tried to lecture your class on politics?

DXDoug
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Question of the day Poll:

Has a public teacher ever tried to lecture your class or you on Politics?

-Yes Praising Dems
-Yes Praising Reps
-Yes Praising other
-No
-Never went Public Schools

(This is for teachers that arent teaching Politics etc.)

sailingaway
04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Not mine, but my kids get it all the time. My son is in an environmental class where the teacher literally said she has gotten to the point where she would rather save the life of a tuna than a human being. Completely apart from the lectures, she has projects like making them carry all the trash they generate around for a week (this is a real pain if you carry instruments, golf bags, etc as well...) and going vegan for periods of time.

However, I live in California and governmental intrusion is the 'solution' not the problem, here. end sarcasm

Rothbardian Girl
04-27-2011, 12:55 PM
My Gov teacher usually doesn't lecture, but you can still tell that she is very biased. Case in point: Today, she said private means (charity, church, family, etc) of healthcare are "unrealistic", and asked a more conservative boy in my class if he would prefer to "go out into the street" if the safety nets of SS and Medicare were nonexistent. I basically argued with her for a few minutes and brought up the fact that health care costs have pretty much risen ever since the government started getting more involved in it, and she challenged me to prove my assertions.. I might do so AFTER I finish making up the TON of homework for all my classes. That should be a fun project. I'm already writing a letter to the school paper rebutting this kid's mostly nonsensical political arguments, which he published in the latest edition. So much to do, so little time... :)

DXDoug
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Ya ron makes a good point on health care, that in the past people without insurance people would pay little to no money for healthcare. now they pay more then any one. sounds fair right *Sarcasm*

Sola_Fide
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Rothbardian girl,

Do everything you can to guard your mind at the state-prison you are forced to attend. Just remember they exist to socialize you and brainwash you, to break down your ability to reason so that you will accept tyranny.

South Park Fan
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
The teachers have to tread lightly in such an affluent and conservative area here, but I can tell when a teacher makes subtle political remarks.

QueenB4Liberty
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
No thankfully.

ivflight
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I have no memory of being swayed in any way while in school. The whole time I was in academia I had no interest in politics. This worked out well for me since I started with a fresh philosophical mind later on while working in the real world.

JCLibertarian
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
My Gov teacher usually doesn't lecture, but you can still tell that she is very biased. Case in point: Today, she said private means (charity, church, family, etc) of healthcare are "unrealistic", and asked a more conservative boy in my class if he would prefer to "go out into the street" if the safety nets of SS and Medicare were nonexistent. I basically argued with her for a few minutes and brought up the fact that health care costs have pretty much risen ever since the government started getting more involved in it, and she challenged me to prove my assertions.. I might do so AFTER I finish making up the TON of homework for all my classes. That should be a fun project. I'm already writing a letter to the school paper rebutting this kid's mostly nonsensical political arguments, which he published in the latest edition. So much to do, so little time... :)
You could here, this graph is really all you need. This graph shows that from 1965(when Medicare and Medicaid were passed), that healthcare spending was 6% of GDP, and in 2005, it was 16%. I would just go for this chart, it seems like this dolt of a professor you have wouldn't understnad basic supply and demand and how subsidies effect demand and price levels. No need to waste energy on that.
http://blog.american.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/health1.jpg