PDA

View Full Version : If the GOP wants to win in 2012, they'll nominate Ron Paul

georgiaboy
04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
It's so simple, really. For all the talk about party unity and the need to win and defeat Obama this time around, the GOP has the perfect answer staring them right in the face, and yet they continue to look right past him: Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has a pristine, decades long voting record. He's been happily married for 50-ish years to the same woman. He's an ob-gyn who's delivered over 4000 babies. He served in the military, and received the highest amount of individual campaign contributions from members of the military of any other candidate running in 2008. His name recognition is solid. He's pro-life and against gay marriage. He supports sound money, individual responsibility, a strong national defense, and family values. He is a born-again practicing protestant Christian.

Policy-wise, he would stop the inflationary policies of the fed, reduce taxes, and slash federal spending, including the elimination of several bloated and unnecessary bureaucracies. He would send money back to states and to individuals, where it rightly belongs. He would close military bases in foreign countries and ensure America's soil was solidly protected from enemies foreign and domestic. He would end foreign aid, and end Obama's wars. He would strengthen the US dollar. He would reduce burdensome regulations and reduce taxes on businesses so they could grow and hire more employees. He would protect SS and Medicare for those already on it, and would make plans to make those entitlements solvent in the short term and unnecessary in the long term. He would seek to end Obamacare.

He won the 2010 and 2011 CPAC Presidential Straw Poll, he is the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Monetary Policy. He regularly appears in interviews on all the news networks and shows like The View, Cavuto, and FreedomWatch.

Given all this, why isn't the GOP crowning him the nominee already? Why the cognitive dissonance? I ask myself this same question all the time. The silence is deafening and getting quieter. The GOP needs a candidate that can bring the tea party, the social conservatives, and the national security folks together. Ron does this. They also need someone who can go toe to toe with Obama against his big gov't policies. Ron can do this, too.

The answer is simple, Republicans. Nominate Ron Paul as the 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate, and we will defeat Obama and get America going.

Romulus
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
But Sharia law will come OMGGG!!!!!!11111

georgiaboy
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
bump. for what other reasons should the GOP give Ron Paul the nomination?

anaconda
04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
The "GOP"/"Democrat" Complex wants to continue to do the bidding of the military/industrial/banking complex. Winning is secondary.

Sola_Fide
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
The "GOP"/"Democrat" Complex wants to continue to do the bidding of the military/industrial/banking complex. Winning is secondary.

You just nailed it.

I might add in there "prison-industrial complex" too.

MN Patriot
04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
The political Establishment DOES NOT want Ron Paul as president, or any of his policies enacted. The mainstream media will smear him relentlessly from now until election day if he is nominated. It is easy for them to do that to one person who is the figurehead of a movement with hardly any other members in positions of power or seeking positions of power.
This is why I continue to suggest the Tea Party movement needs to become an independent party with the stated goal of turning the Republican Party into third party status. Since this is a libertarian revolution, it is quite obvious the Libertarian Party should be that party. There should be a Libertarian candidate for every office in the country, running credible campaigns so the movement is too big to ignore or dismiss as being fringe.
Depending on one 76 year old man to fix everything simply will not work. We need thousands of Ron Pauls running for office. The Republican Party doesn't want him, they certainly don't want thousands like him running as Republicans. That is why this movement needs to go third party.

Agorism
04-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Grover Nortquist and the Libertarians have a secret plot to bring Sharia to every small town in America

AtomiC
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Agreed 100% with TC.

cindy25
04-29-2011, 07:37 PM
The political Establishment DOES NOT want Ron Paul as president, or any of his policies enacted. The mainstream media will smear him relentlessly from now until election day if he is nominated. It is easy for them to do that to one person who is the figurehead of a movement with hardly any other members in positions of power or seeking positions of power.
This is why I continue to suggest the Tea Party movement needs to become an independent party with the stated goal of turning the Republican Party into third party status. Since this is a libertarian revolution, it is quite obvious the Libertarian Party should be that party. There should be a Libertarian candidate for every office in the country, running credible campaigns so the movement is too big to ignore or dismiss as being fringe.
Depending on one 76 year old man to fix everything simply will not work. We need thousands of Ron Pauls running for office. The Republican Party doesn't want him, they certainly don't want thousands like him running as Republicans. That is why this movement needs to go third party.

the TEA Party is not anti-tax, its just anti entitlement; they are pro-war, and their leader in congress is a former IRS agent. but I do agree its almost time to go 3rd party.

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2011, 07:37 PM
qft!!

MN Patriot
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
the TEA Party is not anti-tax, its just anti entitlement; they are pro-war, and their leader in congress is a former IRS agent. but I do agree its almost time to go 3rd party.

I should have said the Libertarian element of the Tea Party movement needs to go third party, since the Tea Party itself has become co-opted by the Establishment. I think it would be much harder for them to co-opt a third party with the intended goal of ending the income tax, ending the Fed, and cutting the Federal government by at least a half. The Republican Party will never try to do any of those things.

DXDoug
04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
agree completely ron needs to state this at a debate that HE IS the only one WHO CAN DO IT! He Needs to flat OUT TELL THE Truth that Hes supporters And His Campaign IS THE ONLY Viable Campaign that can BEAT OBAMA!