PDA

View Full Version : NYT: As Ron Paul Weighs Presidential Run, His Issues Are Already Being Debated

bobbyw24
04-27-2011, 06:29 AM
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

WASHINGTON — Representative Ron Paul of Texas announced Tuesday the formation of a presidential exploratory committee, saying he anticipated “a much, much more significant campaign” than he ran in 2008 should he decide to become an official candidate for the presidency in 2012.

Speaking at an event in Des Moines, Mr. Paul, 75, said he would decide by the end of May whether to become a candidate and stressed the reasons that he believed he might wield more influence over the shape, direction and conversation of the Republican contest this time around.

“The country is already quite different,” Mr. Paul said. “There are literally millions of more people concerned about the very things I talked about four years ago. It is the excessive spending, the entitlement system, the foreign policy, as well as the monetary system.”

“I think he’ll play a bigger role this time than he did four years ago,” said Trey Grayson, the director of the Institute of Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School. “You can’t underestimate someone who has a passionate following who can raise money.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/us/politics/27paul.html?_r=1

Bobster
04-27-2011, 06:33 AM
“I think he’ll play a bigger role this time than he did four years ago,” said Trey Grayson, the director of the Institute of Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School. “You can’t underestimate someone who has a passionate following who can raise money.”
Guess he learned firsthand. :)

angelatc
04-27-2011, 06:43 AM
He's got to win the center voters. The far right and the far left will never support him, but he's right when he says that most people are concerned about him.

Sola_Fide
04-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Why is Trey becoming the authority on all things Paul lately?

randomname
04-27-2011, 07:14 AM
this is no more than a smear

Matt Collins
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Why is Trey becoming the authority on all things Paul lately?
Because he got his ass kicked by one! :D:D:D:D:D

Matt Collins
04-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I love it. The losing candidate goes on to teach kids about politics. If I attended his school, I'd want my money back. Unless of course he's teaching what not to do heh.

BenIsForRon
04-27-2011, 11:54 AM
WTF is this shit?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/04/27/us/SUB-PAUL/SUB-PAUL-popup.jpg

This is the photo they chose for the story. Since when is it normal to publish pictures of people with obstructions in the way? It looks like they're trying to make him look like a creepy old man lurking in the shadows. Did they really have no other picture from the event?

FSP-Rebel
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM

lol

Eric21ND
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL at using that picture....morons.