PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm X would Spit on Barack Obama

AuH20
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Hideous article. Can't compare a free man to a fascist.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/05/the-legacy-of-malcolm-x/8438/

AuH20
04-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Great response. Wow!:

I think it's both, actually. And I think it served his purpose-great hook, made me sit down immediately, but little substance...got up and sat it down.

I read a lot, I have to so I don't have time to read everything, certainly not closely. So, I won't quote specific prose because to be quite honest, I didn't read the article, I skimmed it. But, judging from the other comments made here and on his other threads on the topic, I didn't miss anything. I also asked a close well-read friend of mine to read it and tell me what he thought and seems like I was spot on though I was more passionate about my critique than he was.

The picture, first of all. It demeans Malcolm's politics, his contribution to history and his sacrifice. Again, I'm no Obama hater. I realize that he's just another dude wearing a suit and that the next President will probably won't be much different than he is. But he's a huge disappointment and will really be little more than a footnote in history. "First Black President", that's about it. He's not in the league of great Presidents, honestly and whether he serves one term or two, he won't be.

Malcolm was so much more than this article every so subtly implies vis a vie the comparison. And it's disrespectful that we don't demand excellence from our "leaders" anymore. We're just glad we have them. Obama's not a Black leader? I would argue that's a cop out, but fine. Then why the comparison? If he is, what has he done ?

Malcolm was an activist, freedom-fighter, humanitarian, anti-imperialist...and you're comparing him to Obama. It's not fair to either one of them. That's the disrespect. Same policies as Bush, a guy every Black person I know despised, but gets a pass AND a comparison to a true hero of our community, our country an the world. OVERWHELMING. Fine, my mistake. I guess there's no disrespect here.

I'll tell you. I once saw an animated cartoonish picture of MLK and Obama. MLK is sitting in a chair with Obama laying across his lap as he's spanking him. Speaks volumes. Air to or extention of Malcolm's legacy, seriously?...I don't think so. And let's be real, neither does TNC. That's why a third of this four page article is about him and his mom despite the immense material available about both of these men....

AuH20
04-26-2011, 11:45 PM
My comment:

Is this article some sort of sick joke? Malcolm X would spit on Barack Obama if he saw him today colluding with the Goldman Sachs execs and the General Electric cabal. Barack Obama is a political creation. A fraud. A corporate agent. Malcolm was extremely suspicious of the state and encouraged African-Americans to take control of their lives instead of signing away their personal independence to greedy bureaucrats. He was also a strong 2nd amendment advocate. I bet Barack would have contempt for such a person who would "cling" onto his "gun" and "religion." Oh the irony!

robert68
04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Hideous article. Can't compare a free man to a fascist.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/05/the-legacy-of-malcolm-x/8438/

Malcom X opposed anti-discrimination laws on private property, even after his trip to Mecca, which influenced him to reject racism (real racism). Such a stance is blasphemy to the black political establishment.

AuH20
04-27-2011, 12:13 AM
It is really is sad that liberals and some blacks are so consumed by 'style over substance' trend, that they are easily tricked into thinking that Obama = Malcolm X. They may know that Malcolm was this uncompromising revolutionary, but they would cringe in horror if they knew WHO and WHAT he was fighting against.

He hated white liberals with a passion largely because he was cognizant of their dependency agenda and was well aware of the derogatory manner in which they looked down on black folk. Secondly, he was feverishly trying to break away from the state with it's long-established standard of institutionalized racism. He wanted his people off the proverbial plantation, including LBJ's great society gimmick. LOL Thirdly, he was a fierce advocate for gun rights and personal self-defense.

doodle
04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
What would MLK and JFKerry do with Obama.