PDA

View Full Version : Chip Cravaack - My Congressman's response to Audit the Fed

Michael Landon
04-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Here is my Congressman's response to my letter asking him to co-sponsor Ron Paul's bill to Audit the Fed:

April 26, 2011

Mr. XXXXXX XXXXX
XXX X. XXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXX, MN XXXXX-XXXX

Dear XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 459, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011. Your thoughts on this issue are most welcome and appreciated.

As you may know, the Federal Reserve System was created in 1913 in response to the many monetary and economic panics of the 1800’s. The Fed was intentionally designed to operate largely independently of Congress so that the monetary policy of the United States would not be politicized. That being said, the Federal Reserve System was created by an act of Congress and is still subject to Congressional Oversight. It is our duty to examine the fact that certain aspects of the workings of the Federal Reserve System are exempt from a federal audit.

H.R. 459, introduced by Representative Ron Paul (TX), would authorize the Comptroller General of the United States to audit certain workings of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. This bill was referred to the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, but it has not seen further action. While I do not serve on this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this bill reach the House of Representatives for a vote.

I am glad that you contacted me on this topic. Please feel free to reach out to me again on this issue or any other issue that is important to you. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,
Chip Cravaack
Member of Congress

It seems like he isn't too keen on co-sponsoring.

- ML

MikeStanart
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Vote the bastard out.

gerryb
04-26-2011, 09:15 PM
While I do not serve on this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this bill reach the House of Representatives for a vote.

Respond telling him to co-sponsor and bring the bill up on the floor for a vote.

eduardo89
04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Basically the same letter most congressmen sent out last time around until they were pressured into cosponsoring. Just keep calling and sending letter, and I hope everyone does that with their reps. Only with pressure do they listen.

Http://facebook.com/auditthefed