PDA

View Full Version : How does one start from nothing?

Perry
04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Last election cycle my footwork for Ron Paul consisted of driving around town, dropping literature in populated locations and randomly talking to people. A late friend of mine helped me with this and although it was fun I felt like I could be doing so much more. I live on an island of about 12,000 people and there were no organized Ron Paul events last time around. I'd like to do more this time around and don't really know where to begin as I feel limited in so many ways not to mention financial.

Any tips/advice on how I can amplify the message would be greatly appreciated.

ForLibertyFight
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Door to door.
Write opinion pieces in your local newspaper.
Speak to random folks and hand out literature.
Put up signs around the island.
Start a meet-up group.

I don't know if you would be willing to do this but what I do is I stamp all the money I get.
Money circulates pretty fast, probably even faster on an island.
If you want to find out more, look below :)

Dustancostine
04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Start you own meetup to attract others together. After you have started your meetup, put the meetup web address on all of the literature that you drop off to people. Once your meetup has grown to a four or more people, hold your first meetup/ron paul events and teach the new people what to do and they just might teach you new tricks as well. Hopefully they will also find people and soon you and your new buddies will be a Ron Paul Revolutionary army. After that hook up with meetups in other local areas and mass coordinate events and training seminars with them.

IDefendThePlatform
04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I think emailing the major opinion makers and talking heads is helpful. Well written, thoughtful emails to make people reconsider their previous viewpoint. Soft sell.

Also, is the Iowa letter writing campaign starting up again yet? Out of staters who write personal letters to Iowans/NewHampshire/SouthCarolina/Nevadans telling them why they should vote for RP are very helpful, and a good use of time for someone in a late primary state, IMO.

JohnGalt1225
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I liked the idea passed on this forum the other day about going to the closest of the "First 4" primary states to campaign. For me, that would be South Carolina and I'm thinking about doing just that.

Roxi
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Door to door.
Write opinion pieces in your local newspaper.
Speak to random folks and hand out literature.
Put up signs around the island.
Start a meet-up group.

I don't know if you would be willing to do this but what I do is I stamp all the money I get.
Money circulates pretty fast, probably even faster on an island.
If you want to find out more, look below :)

this

Nate-ForLiberty
04-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Electronic means are good, but nothing can replace the epic effectiveness of face-to-face contact and interaction. Get out there and recruit for the cause. It will snowball, I promise.

Dorfsmith
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
This time around we need to focus all of our energy on those who are most likely to vote in the Republican primaries. Face to face contact is best. Knock on doors, make phone calls, attend tea party and Republican meetings and interact with voters every chance you get. Sign waving is fun and has it's place but most of our energy needs to be more directed at Republican primary voters.

Paul4Prez
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
This time around we need to focus all of our energy on those who are most likely to vote in the Republican primaries.

And getting more people who support Ron Paul to register for the Republican primaries, and reminding them when they are, and checking up on them on election day....

Trigonx
04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I was wondering how effective it would be for us to promote Ron Paul by using meetups to help out at retirement homes or help out veterans. Basically associate Ron Paul with the goodness and charity of the grassroots. It has to be more effective than sign waving at this point.

Perry
04-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Lots of great information so far. Anyone know of campaign tutorial videos that are any good? Seems like Paul had some on the website last cycle. Are those available anywhere?