PDA

View Full Version : Joe Miller Blasts Neocons in Kentucky, Urges Support for Nullification and Phil Moffett

TheTyke
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
UPDATE: Epic Full Video:
He starts with a reference to RPF's own Thomas Massie, discusses the weakening dollar, the insignificance of Republican "spending cuts," Rand Paul, Phil Moffett and the push for internationalism by the neocons. Excellent video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzz_dsHb_I

Original: There was an AWESOME Tea Party in Lawrenceburg Kentucky last weekend. I couldn't believe the speaker lineup... they had Sheriff Mack, Michael Badnarik and Joe Miller and RPF's own Thomas Massie speaking. Some great local candidates also spoke, including Phil Moffett (http://www.philmoffett.com) (Governor,) John Kemper (http://www.auditky.com/) (Auditor) and Libertarian Ken Moellman (http://ken4ky.com/) (Treasurer,) the latter of whom is running to streamline and abolish the Treasurer's office.

Joe Miller came all the way from Alaska to support Phil, whose constitution/states rights-centric race for governor is probably the most important election in the country in 2011. I already leaned toward liking Joe Miller, but hearing him in person really impressed me. Unprodded, and probably without even realizing the room was full of CFL/Ron Paul supporters, he blasted the neocons and the Establishment, and said it wasn't enough to support any old Republican. Unfortunately the whole video hasn't been released, but here is a great clip:

There is pretty much open war in KY now as the Party Elite try to take control back, with the liberty/tea party folks fighting back. Moffett supporters are being chased out of events by the Establishment, but showing up everywhere anyway. John Kemper is running to put all state expenses online, and was called out by an Establishment keynote speaker (Damon Thayer) at a Lincoln Day Dinner - saying we already had enough transparency, and he didn't know what he was talking about. Kemper got up and responded right in the middle of the speech! Wish I had video, but just heard the report. These are solid candidates, and have my endorsement too, so if you can support any of them in their fight, that'd be awesome!

The best part was Thomas Massie, who as most of you know, is a forum member who won a Judge Executive race against all odds and did an incredible job supporting Rand even during his own run. Turns out he is an great public speaker as well! He communicates with ease and can obviously win elections... I came away from the event convinced he could well be the next Rand Paul!

I will post videos when they become available - hopefully in the next few weeks - but was just so excited I had to post about the event as well as asking for your support!

(Countdown till a certain someone slams Moffett: 3...2...1...)

Sola_Fide
04-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I heard about this. Phil blew us away when he spoke at our Tea Party. This is a fight against the establishment as far as the true conservatives in KY are concerned. Great to see Joe Miller in KY!

TheTyke
04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
I heard about this. Phil blew us away when he spoke at our Tea Party. This is a fight against the establishment as far as the true conservatives in KY are concerned. Great to see Joe Miller in KY!

Same here. It's simply amazing to hear candidates discussing serious issues like that, unafraid of the Estblishment. It gives me hope to see the movement growing in this way. Now if we can just win some more elections.

AGRP
04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
"You're violating your oath and your word means nothing."

Awesome.

Zap!
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
If Joe Miller had been elected, where would he rank in terms of awesomeness? First, second, or third? I say a close second, right behind Rand Paul, and a little better than Mike Lee.

low preference guy
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
If Joe Miller had been elected, where would he rank in terms of awesomeness? First, second, or third? I say a close second, right behind Rand Paul, and a little better than Mike Lee.

Possibly first in a tie with Rand.

Eric21ND
04-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I agree. Hopefully he'll support Ron's run up in Alaska or maybe even Iowa.

AGRP
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
:collins:

Zap!
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM
^^^ I've been meaning to ask for months, but what does that mean, and what's a collins?

TheTyke
04-30-2011, 08:28 PM
UPDATE: Epic Full Video:
He starts with a reference to RPF's own Thomas Massie, discusses the weakening dollar, the insignificance of Republican "spending cuts," Rand Paul, Phil Moffett and the push for internationalism by many. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzz_dsHb_I

AGRP
04-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks.

My hopes are always renewed when a "Tea Party" person takes big government neocons behind the woodshed.

eduardo89
04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Too bad Joe Miller's senate campaign completely blew up...it would have been amazing to have him elected. I hate that hack Murkowski...