PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Fabian of THEHILL.COM runs attack piece on Ron Paul Presidential Bid

Joey Fuller
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/157817-ron-paul-officially-announces-2012-exploratory-committee
(http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/157817-ron-paul-officially-announces-2012-exploratory-committee)
At the end of the day, however, Paul is not expected to win the nomination.

"He might get a percentage point or two more because of the rise of the Tea Party, but, overall, he will most likely use his views in this campaign as a way to get his message out,” Republican strategist Ron Bonjean told The Hill.

Bonjean said that potentially successful candidates will not want to adopt Paul’s views because they are too outside the mainstream.

"I don't think he'll have a tremendous impact on the primary at all. I think most primary voters want to select a candidate that will become president of the United States,” he said.

Sola_Fide
04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
The establishment is out en force trying to convince everyone that "Ron can't win".

hard@work
04-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I've been mulling over messaging that can counteract this. It's time to push "our turn", and work on marginalizing those who attempt to marginalize - it is time to make them look foolish for making such suggestions, and to create a sense of absurdity whenever our opponents attempt to say "he can't win"; it should be a buzz around everything that he has a "real chance this time" and that those who say otherwise "apparently haven't been paying attention to much lately".

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Joey Fuller
right.. the more you hear it.. the more it is repeated.. the more "they" believe it and settle for the lesser of two evils

Cowlesy
Well if 'Ron Bonjean' says so then it must be true.

Btw, who the f is Ron Bonjean? Any relation to Jean Valjean?

angelatc
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I think Matt Collins is a Republican Strategist too, and he says Ron Paul can win. So there, Ron Bonjean.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Jordan who?

nvm I don't really care....

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Btw, who the f is Ron Bonjean?

I think that is a fantastic way to counteract this. "Who the fuck are you and why the fuck should we listen to you? You're among the people that have been consistently wrong!'

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Comment posted on the OP's article. We'll see if it gets approved or not.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I think Matt Collins is a Republican Strategist too, and he says Ron Paul can win. So there, Ron Bonjean.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/4318393788_141674c675_b.jpg

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
"I don't think he'll have a tremendous impact on the primary at all. I think most primary voters want to select a candidate that will become president of the United States,” he said.:rolleyes: There's that nonsense again:

"Most voters want a candidate who can win, Ron Paul can't win because we say so."

Sentinelrv
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Bonjean said that potentially successful candidates will not want to adopt Paul’s views because they are too outside the mainstream.

The mainsream views of these so called potentially successful candidates are exactly why this country is going down the toilet. We need to reframe this type of argument and show that the mainstream views like printing money when we can't borrow anymore and policing the world are really radical views. Mainstream = Radical.