PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Huckabee & Gravel

newmedia4ron
10-26-2007, 12:34 AM
And Colbert too. All three are hot right now but if you start blogging/commenting about them you will just give them more press so focus on Ron Paul promotion. We need to end the month strong. We need to get the word out about Nov 5th.

ThePieSwindler
10-26-2007, 12:47 AM
i know Huck is a media/valuesvoters favorite right now.. but when did gravel get hot?

newmedia4ron
10-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Gravel's got a millionaire activist supporting him now but I don't want to post a link to any news articles because people will just waste their time commenting on it while giving it more hits.

I guess I'm being a hypocrite about posting this thread but I better not see "Gravel Rising!" or "WHAT TO DO ABOUT HUCKABEE?!" threads this weekend. These things will happened. There will many pleasant and unpleasant surprises along the ride. Just work harder when something negative for the campaign is happening.

Lord Xar
10-26-2007, 01:05 AM
uhmmm.. why is anyone posting about hucklebee? I don't get it.. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIM.... THE ONLY REASON HE IS EVEN ABOVE RON PAUL IS BECAUSE HE IS BEING PUSHED, that is it...

BUT all the candidates are being pushed.... He is not a concern for us... We have too many battles, too many enemies to worry about another.. we are moving full force and doing great...

I don't care about Hucklebee... he is a peeon, to me.

NewEnd
10-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Yay! Go huckabee!

Split the neocon vote just a little more!

libertarian4321
10-26-2007, 04:05 AM
And Colbert too. All three are hot right now but if you start blogging/commenting about them you will just give them more press so focus on Ron Paul promotion. We need to end the month strong. We need to get the word out about Nov 5th.

Gravel?

The only way Gravel could get hot would be if he went to a Sauna.

Rob
10-26-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm going to be at Gravel's speech today at the University of Michigan telling people about Ron Paul. There's a very strong bias against us and Paul in one of our newspapers, it will be interesting to see the difference in coverage between Paul a couple weeks ago and Gravel right now.

Benaiah
10-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Well, we could all start by referring to him as Huckster or something other than his real name. That way it will be less likely to turn up in search results.

BuddyRey
10-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Why the ill feelings against Gravel? If he somehow started finding some muscle in this race and became a dark horse favorite for the Dems, it would be win-win.

Nefertiti
10-26-2007, 04:55 AM
This has been a long campaign season and the press is probably just looking for some fresh stories-hence the focus on Gravel and Huckabee.

Drknows
10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Dont forget Dennis K, as a stunt Kucinich Will Force Impeachment Vote Before Thanksgiving. Gee i wonder why he waited this long?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/24/214551/07

fcofer
10-26-2007, 06:09 AM
I have a different opinion about how we should handle candidates such as the Huckster, as well as their grassroots supporters. Following is a link to a long post I wrote this morning. Not all of it is relevant to this thread, but I don't have time to paraphrase. :o

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=317485&postcount=47

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic?

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 06:18 AM
I prefer Hickabee to Huckster. But that's just me.

ValidusCustodiae
10-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Dont forget Dennis K, as a stunt Kucinich Will Force Impeachment Vote Before Thanksgiving. Gee i wonder why he waited this long?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/24/214551/07

Only symbolic. Nancy Pelosi and John Conyers and countless other Democrats have adopted the "impeachment is off the table" position. In other words, they're saying that even though the governmental accounting office has announced that the Bush administration has committed thousands of felonies, the Congress is not going to hold anyone accountable.

No, there's no conspiracy. Just a bunch of Demokrats that do exactly as they're told.

Bloody Holly
10-26-2007, 06:23 AM
people are posting about huckabee because they are jealous of Ron Paul's support and Huckabee is a poser with no real ground to stand on on top of that wishes he could be as sincere and honest as Ron Paul considering he's taking the moral approach but just because you are the son of a preacher doesn't mean you are moral and honest.

People should take the initiative to put people on ignore who are trying to use this board to advertise another candidate. This is a Ron Paul forum, not Huckabee and they are obviously doing it to stir.

Bloody Holly
10-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I have a different opinion about how we should handle candidates such as the Huckster, as well as their grassroots supporters. Following is a link to a long post I wrote this morning. Not all of it is relevant to this thread, but I don't have time to paraphrase. :o

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28764&page=5

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic?

RIGHT. You are trying to make the people at Ron Paul forums look bad by claiming you are going to do a DOS attack. You aren't a Ron Paul fan. I see through you.

Get lost. As a matter of fact, you should be banned :mad:

fcofer
10-26-2007, 06:27 AM
RIGHT. You are trying to make the people at Ron Paul forums look bad by claiming you are going to do a DOS attack. You aren't a Ron Paul fan. I see through you.

Get lost. As a matter of fact, you should be banned :mad:

Um, no. :( Please read the post that I wrote.

Chester Copperpot
10-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Good for Gravel.. Like another poster said.. it will be win win

Bloody Holly
10-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Um, no. :( Please read the post that I wrote.

The lengthy post?

You seem very understanding and nurturing of Hicklebee's spammers copying this board and ideas.

1. Huckabee's forum is copying our ideas!

This is true. And to their credit, they've forthrightly admitted it. But really, why shouldn't they copy our ideas? And what, if anything, should be done about it?

Sounds like you are trying to play the cool understanding person who wants to pave the path for Hicklebee's supporters to promote their agenda when it doesn't pertain to our topics even though it is in general, it's redundant and so obvious what they are doing. It's annoying.

Hicklebee's grassroots supporters aren't our enemies? They are if they come over here being sabateurs.

fcofer
10-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Sounds like you are trying to play the cool understanding person who wants to pave the path for Hicklebee's supporters to promote their agenda when it doesn't pertain to our topics...

Oh well. That wasn't the reaction that I anticipated at all. So I am really an insurgent Huck supporter? I suppose that you still think that I should be banned.

You seem very understanding and nurturing of Hicklebee's spammers copying this board and ideas.

Well, there's not much that we can do about it, is there? Did you read my arguments, or just disagree with me peremptorily? Next you'll accuse me of taking my marching orders from HucksArmy, eh?

Hicklebee's grassroots supporters aren't our enemies? They are if they come over here being sabateurs.

I suppose that would depend on your definition of sabotage. Coming over here and posting in a designated area of our forum, as I suggested, about why they think that their candidate is better does not strike me as sabotage. Your position sounds similar to that of RedState regarding us. Feel free to ridicule my ideas. They may be bad ideas, and I posted them to see what others here thought. I'm certain that some will disagree. However, you should not think that it is necessary to characterize me as an enemy just because you think that my idea is wrong.

I don't think that we are susceptible to being converted to Huck's "agenda". I'm not afraid that Ron Paul supporters will somehow have the wool pulled over their eyes. I think that having Huck's supporters over here, at least in one part of the forum, would allow us to exchange ideas freely. I think that our ideas are better, and that others who are exposed to them will come to realize that.

Freedom works. Try believing that instead of just saying it.

me3
10-26-2007, 07:11 AM
I suppose that would depend on your definition of sabotage. Coming over here and posting in a designated area of our forum, as I suggested, about why they think that their candidate is better does not strike me as sabotage. Your position sounds similar to that of RedState regarding us.
Not at all. Red State claims to be a site for conservative discussion, they just have narrow ideas of who is conservative and who is not. This forum' primary mission seems to be to get Ron Paul elected. Different agendas.

I don't think that we are susceptible to being converted to Huck's "agenda". I'm not afraid that Ron Paul supporters will somehow have the wool pulled over their eyes. I think that having Huck's supporters over here, at least in one part of the forum, would allow us to exchange ideas freely. I think that our ideas are better, and that others who are exposed to them will come to realize that.
Exchange of ideas is wonderful, but for the people focused on doing the heavy lifting of the campaign, sometimes philosophical debates take away from the mission. Folks need to realize that this election is not going to be won by internet debate or high minded ideas. That' why we are fighting to win the election, but not how it will be won. We need as much help, from as many people possible, all pulling in the same direction.

We can do this, if we fight hard and long enough.

fcofer
10-26-2007, 07:28 AM
This forum' primary mission seems to be to get Ron Paul elected. Different agendas.

You are right.

Exchange of ideas is wonderful, but for the people focused on doing the heavy lifting of the campaign, sometimes philosophical debates take away from the mission. Folks need to realize that this election is not going to be won by internet debate or high minded ideas. That' why we are fighting to win the election, but not how it will be won. We need as much help, from as many people possible, all pulling in the same direction.

I suppose I should clarify. I don't know if you read my original post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=317485&postcount=47) or not, but I certainly agree that actual real-world campaigning is more important than forum discussions. My post had to do with what we should do given that we have this perceived problem with "spammers" from another grassroots campaign, and my suggestion was that we give them a designated subforum so that those of us who feel inclined might engage them. Of course, no-one who wants to keep down to business has to visit any off-topic forum. I am certainly not advocating shifting resources from any actual campaigning to any sort of focus on Internet message board discussions. I just don't think that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Although I agree substantially with everything that you've said, I think that you might be downplaying the significance of "high minded ideas". Isn't that what got you into the campaign, and why you are spending some of your free time campaigning, instead of just waiting to vote? I won't rehash my position, since it was rather lengthy, but I think that it is unwise of us to characterize grassroots members of other campaigns as "enemies" and "spammers", or to start a campaign of banning them or "keeping our ideas secret". It just doesn't make sense.

We can do this, if we fight hard and long enough.

I agree!

SWATH
10-26-2007, 08:59 AM
I heard Gravel the other night on Alex Jones' show. They talked about Ron Paul alot and I am 100% convinced that when Gravel drops out he will endorse our man.