PDA

View Full Version : Access to ALL meetup groups

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 12:30 AM
I am trying to kick off a new grassroots effort and want to enlist the help of our small army that is the meetup groups for Ron Paul.

Does anyone know if there is a way to send an email to ALL of the members in the Ron Paul meetups?

I am a member of 1 meetup group, but it only has about 350 members.

ronpaulyourmom
10-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Why somebody hasn't compiled a mass email list for the grassroots amazes me. I'm sure it would take a capable person one night's worth of work to code.

Primbs
10-26-2007, 12:53 AM
It will be hard to try and coordinate all the meet up groups.

They all seem to be working on different projects all around the country.

realitywiz
10-26-2007, 12:56 AM
It is hard to contact all the Meetup groups. But we MUST. We need coordination and organization to win this uphill battle.

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 12:59 AM
It will be hard to try and coordinate all the meet up groups.

They all seem to be working on different projects all around the country.

Well, I do not need foot work, I need computer work done... and this can be done by anyone in the country... Actually this could be done by someone not even in the US.

I need everyones help in filling out a spreadsheet. The way that you fill out the spreadsheet is to go to www.maps.google.com, then type "church near denver,co" or whatever city you want to search. Then it should bring up a lot of churches in the area. Then go to these church websites and find their contact info. Try to get all of the pastors in the church. Then enter their emails into my spreadsheet. The more volunteers the better. If you want to volunteer then send me your email address to austin.garrison@gmail.com and I will send you the link to the spreadsheet. This could be huge, as Ron may need the conservative religious base that usually support the Repubs for him to win. And I believe that if they hear this message then they have no choice but to vote for him.

The spreadsheet has already been created as a google spreadsheet document, and anyone that "signs up" with me, can view and edit the spreadsheet at the same time as others.

Once the spreadsheet is filled up, I will then send out an email to all of these pastors. Go here to view the actual game plan

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28292

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 01:15 AM
bump

Razmear
10-26-2007, 01:37 AM
There is a central Ron Paul Meetup Message Board at:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/
but it doesn't get much traffic cuz most meetup groups don't know about it. Spread the word about the board in the meetups then it can be used as a central broadcast point more effectively

eb

theseus51
10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17361 Try talk to this guy.

And BTW I'm glad there isn't a way to email ALL Ron Paul meetup members at once. Everybody would think that their concern is super important, and everybody should know about it. Their tips, their ideas, their plea for donations. And of course people would do a "reply all" to it, voicing their opinions. Do you realize how many HUNDREDS or maybe THOUSANDS of messages a day would be sent to everybody? I'm serious.

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 03:13 AM

And BTW I'm glad there isn't a way to email ALL Ron Paul meetup members at once. Everybody would think that their concern is super important, and everybody should know about it. Their tips, their ideas, their plea for donations. And of course people would do a "reply all" to it, voicing their opinions. Do you realize how many HUNDREDS or maybe THOUSANDS of messages a day would be sent to everybody? I'm serious.

yea, good point...

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 05:01 AM

You're right, but we darn sure need a way to be able to contact all the Meetup organizers, without having to talk about 20 people to help you do so. That is what is now required with the email cap in Meetup.

This is ridiculous and we badly need a way to at least contact the Meetup organizers. We were talking about this MONTHS ago and still, we have no solution.

Roxi
10-26-2007, 07:02 AM

dude i totally agree... i am the co organizer of our group, and i belong to 4 other groups, and we have some very colorful people in our group that like to banter about gays, religion etc on the inbox, so i check anywhere from 200 - 500 emails daily (I replied to 117 yesterday some of which were lengthy some were one liners but the point is theres too much damn mail.)

I DO think there should be a Organizer message board that meetup promotes... like if your an organizer or assistant organizer u get daily digests of messages on the board to remind you to check them out or just a daily reminder. I am helping someone start their group right now and the info I am giving her, I have given several times before.... it would have been nice to have thought of saving the info in notepad several months ago but no, i haven't done it yet, It would be nice to just post it on a message board so all new organizers would see it and i could reference one location on stuff like that... there have been other times I have thought, I would like to have a list of all the organizers of each group so i could pick and choose which one i would email

could we possibly have volunteer list of just organizers and assistants shown by state or something?

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 07:05 AM
The tough thing with Meetup is that it's not all about Ron Paul - if they let one group have all-group e-mail privileges, they would need to give it to everyone. Plus, they have a potential advertising goldmine, I'd imagine they would want some serious cash for a list of all the e-mails of folks who are interested in a particular activity or subculture.

pcosmar
10-26-2007, 07:15 AM
I have already hit the churches in my area. My Pastor is on board, but cannot actively support Ron Paul because of anti- Free Speech laws.
If you want a central point to get information out talk to Campaign HQ.
They send me Alerts and information.
I belong to two meetups that are too far away to travel. I just do what I can where I am.

Man from La Mancha
10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
I consider many meet up groups have been made ineffective by all this outside chatter. I only want to hear Ron related projects. I end up quickly scanning the mass of non Ron messages and deleting them and may be missing something about a Ron action buried in them. There is about 100 at my meet up group but only see about 20 and that is all numbers I see emailing. People are tuning away from action by being over loaded with data.

Can the meetup leader edit the emails to only Ron stuff?

Roxi
10-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I consider many meet up groups have been made ineffective by all this outside chatter. I only want to hear Ron related projects. I end up quickly scanning the mass of non Ron messages and deleting them and may be missing something about a Ron action buried in them. There is about 100 at my meet up group but only see about 20 and that is all numbers I see emailing. People are tuning away from action by being over loaded with data.

Can the meetup leader edit the emails to only Ron stuff?

The meetup leader CAN moderate the emails, however when this was tried in some places some members got really pissed, said he was trying to "cencor" emails it caused a big ruckus and they ended up just opening them back up......

you can change your settings to only recieve a daily digest of the messages though

Man from La Mancha
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
The meetup leader CAN moderate the emails, however when this was tried in some places some members got really pissed, said he was trying to "cencor" emails it caused a big ruckus and they ended up just opening them back up......

you can change your settings to only recieve a daily digest of the messages thoughHas anybody started a meet up group from the begining with that philosophy in mind so people who want to vent the worlds events can go else where and the ones that just want to get Ron elected work just for that goal?

RobS
10-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Starting up a forum for only Meetup Organizers/Assistant organizers needs to happen. It would take quite a bit of work to verify the only people that get in would be organizers, but is definitely feasible.

ronpaulyourmom
10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
I have already hit the churches in my area. My Pastor is on board, but cannot actively support Ron Paul because of anti- Free Speech laws.
If you want a central point to get information out talk to Campaign HQ.
They send me Alerts and information.
I belong to two meetups that are too far away to travel. I just do what I can where I am.

As a lifelong atheist I used to enjoy having laws like that on the books, now I realize how retarded I was. Laws like that piss me off.

hopeforamerica
10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
I belong to a meetup coordinator meetup group. Not all of the meetup organizers belong, but you can reach a good number of them. What do you need to communicate?

hopeforamerica
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Here is the organizer meetup group. You have to be approved to join, so if you are an organizer or assistant organizer, go ahead and join. you will be approved within a day.

http://organizer.meetup.com/141/?gj=sj3

Brian Bailey
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
To the original poster:

If you can get somebody with the proper skills, Yahoo Pipes will accomplish this for you in one simple package. It would take somebody who knows Yahoo Pipes about 15 minutes to put together for you. (I could do it, but not nearly as well as somebody who is an expert.)