http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqiH0kCM6k

BumpIt!

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
sound isn't synced. Irritating.

Thanks for posting, though!

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Man, he has to give his answer for phasing out social security, a blunt 'it should be on the agenda' to get rid of it is not the way to answer that. If anyone has a way to get that to the campaign, that would be the one biggest point he should change in his delivery. He HAS the answer. He has said it before. This is key because people who paid in and also watched their housing equity evaporate and investments decline all at once are concerned about this. It is in the front of people's minds because it is now on the Congressional agenda.

dbill27
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Man, he has to give his answer for phasing out social security, a blunt 'it should be on the agenda' to get rid of it is not the way to answer that. If anyone has a way to get that to the campaign, that would be the one biggest point he should change in his delivery. He HAS the answer. He has said it before. This is key because people who paid in and also watched their housing equity evaporate and investments decline all at once are concerned about this. It is in the front of people's minds because it is now on the Congressional agenda.

I thought his 10% opt out plan at cpac was on the right track.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought his 10% opt out plan at cpac was on the right track.

For the young, but it doesn't explain how it works for those nearing retirement who had the money taken out all these years, and were counting on it. That piece is what is worrying people over 40 as entitlements are being addressed.

Matthew Zak
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
He should mention Rand's proposal, and say that he'd phase it out slowly, raise the retirement age slowly...

Lothario
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Synced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efXKfNgfSHg

markderidder
04-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Did he call him Congressman Ryan at the end? My god can't they at least get his name right?

Otherwise, surprisingly favorable interview from Fox.

Romulus
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
He needs to be CLEAR about how to phase out entitlements - not just say 'its on the agenda' .. yikes.. and thats the dif btw him and Rand.. We need specifics that wont spook the boomers.

ForLibertyFight
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
bump

Paulfan05
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
There's some ammo for Rons opponents im afraid....."If you were president you would get rid of social security? Well yea...."

low preference guy
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
There's some ammo for Rons opponents im afraid....."If you were president you would get rid of social security? Well yea...."

I think he could respond with an ad explaining his plan: "I will ensure citizens who are 50 and older will receive their payments, but I'll let the young people opt out"

smartguy911
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
why aren't his answers ever clear? Every interview I watch, people are left thinking how will you do this? how will you get rid of social security? how will you bring the troops home? Lay down steps that make sense. Some of the answers irritate the hell out of me.

DR. PAUL NEEDS TO BE CLEAR AND PROVIDE STEPS ON HOW TO GET RID OF SOCIAL SECURITY, HOW TO BRING TROOPS HOME, HOW TO CLOSE DOWN DEPT OF EDUCATION ETC ETC. STEPS MAN..