PDA

View Full Version : Beck saying RP is the best candidate

Koz
04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Right now he is defending RP against his idiot cohorts. He is saying RP is the best Repub. candidate right now. He said he won't vote for anyone else.

If he backs RP this could be huge.

rp08orbust
04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Right now he is defending RP against his idiot cohorts. He is saying RP is the best Repub. candidate right now. He said he won't vote for anyone else.

What's next, an apology to Debra Medina the state of Texas? If this is true (which I'll believe when I see the tube), that will be absolutely amazing.

MRoCkEd
04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Stupid Pat Gray slamming him over the earmark issue.

Beck saying the Fed needs to be dismantled.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 08:50 AM
I told you. Now if we can someone get Palin in the fold and grab her cult, we could create major noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wren
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
huh..video or it didn't happen. this could be big

AuH20
What's next, an apology to Debra Medina? If this is true (which I'll believe when I see the tube), that will be absolutely amazing.

The Medina thing was overblown by the Alex Jones people.

payme_rick
He defended him on some of his foreign policy... But maybe you need to listen better, he says Alan West is probably his guy...

And the Glenn Beck radio program said Paul is a porker with tricks...

rp08orbust
04-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Really? I don't listen to Alex Jones. I heard the interview live and saw for myself what Glenn Beck was up to.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Pat and Stu are two schmucks who Beck brought from his local radio days. Clearly, they haven't evolved much.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 08:54 AM
He defended him on some of his foreign policy... But maybe you need to listen better, he says Alan West is probably his guy...

And the Glenn Beck radio program said Paul is a porker with tricks...

Allen West isn't running.

Cowlesy
04-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Pat and Stu are two schmucks who Beck brought from his local radio days. Clearly, they haven't evolved much.

Unfortunately, most of Beck's listeners love them.

Sola_Fide
04-26-2011, 08:55 AM

I need a tube of this.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Beck will go to war against Limbaugh and co. for Paul, if it comes to that. I'm sure of it. He's freed from bondage after the divorce from Fox.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 08:57 AM
'Right now running' is a pretty big qualifier, though. I think he wants to be persuasive to Ron Paul supporters when he later endorses someone else. Did you see the Fox article saying that even though they don't expect Ron to win, with 'Libertarians ascendant' in the GOP, Ron might have more influence than anyone, including Palin, on who the ultimate nominee is?

If that gets him more respect, great. But be wary.

I think he knows the Judge is likely getting his slot because of his support of Ron as well as Ron's issues. I just don't buy Beck.

Kludge
04-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Judge Nap is taking Beck's TV slot?!

A Son of Liberty
04-26-2011, 09:00 AM
I had to turn it off, because I can't stand that moron Pat Gray. Stu can at least be reasonable.

I don't trust that crew - not for a second. As for Pat, if he's so damned gung-ho, there's a spot on the line in Afghanistan, jackass - put your money where your mouth is. MORON.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't care if Allen West is running right now or not, my point is that he didn't say he'd only vote for Ron, right now Beck wants Allen West, not my words but his...

I don't care what JUST Glenn Beck himself says, his radio program ended that segment painting a bad picture of Ron Paul... That's his program and he needs to own it...

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Judge Nap is taking Beck's TV slot?!

Sorry, I changed it to 'likely'. But the Judge is ascendant as well, and has been considered the most likely to get it, and he has Ron and Rand on when he subs for Beck, and gets great ratings.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't care if Allen West is running right now or not, my point is that he didn't say he'd only vote for Ron, right now Beck wants Allen West, not my words but his...

I don't care what JUST Glenn Beck himself says, his radio program ended that segment painting a bad picture of Ron Paul... That's his program and he needs to own it...

LOL!

Allen West voted for the Patriot Act and wanted to go into Libya earlier than Obama did. It is hard to see how someone could really like both him AND Ron if that person really knew what West stood for. Inspiring speeches are all West has.

A Son of Liberty
04-26-2011, 09:04 AM

This.

I think I've said it before, here - if Beck and his crew endorse the good doctor, I'll eat my shoe.

specsaregood
04-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I had to turn it off, because I can't stand that moron Pat Gray. Stu can at least be reasonable.

I don't trust that crew - not for a second. As for Pat, if he's so damned gung-ho, there's a spot on the line in Afghanistan, jackass - put your money where your mouth is. MORON.

In case you haven't seen this from the last presidential run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eidhI7BDQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QBsBlYixI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPMsoPu0pmI

A Son of Liberty
04-26-2011, 09:09 AM
[video]

Do I really want to watch these, or will I put my fist through the computer? :D

specsaregood
04-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Do I really want to watch these, or will I put my fist through the computer? :D

The fist through the computer is a definite possibility. ITs quite possibly the rudest interview of the entire campaign cycle. But it should give you a hint of what to expect from gray as beck's sidekick.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
LOL!

Allen West voted for the Patriot Act and wanted to go into Libya earlier than Obama did. It is hard to see how someone could really like both him AND Ron if that person really knew what West stood for. Inspiring speeches are all West has.

I don't think you understand the dynamic at work. Glenn Beck is extremely wary of Islamic Fundamentalism. That's why he defers to a hawk like West. You can still be constitutionally minded and not swallow the religion of peace nonsense. I'm wary of Islamic Fundamentalism as well, but don't think we need to disregard the Constitution and waste hundreds of billions of dollars in a hopeless region separated by thousands of miles. Simply put, they can be contained, if we don't meddle in their affairs.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 09:14 AM

No, it most certainly was not. I heard the whole thing. I live in Texas. Beck went after her for DAYS on his radio show and likewise on his TV show. He went so far as to group her on his whiteboard with a bunch of Marxists. It was beyond disgusting.

Johnnymac
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
this thread is crap we need a video and it needs to go viral fast.

A Son of Liberty
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
The fist through the computer is a definite possibility. ITs quite possibly the rudest interview of the entire campaign cycle. But it should give you a hint of what to expect from gray as beck's sidekick.

:) I'll pass, then. I'm at work. ;)

moostraks
04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Honey, honey, oh what comes next??? This is a marketing gimmick by Beck. Good cop, bad cop. Beware the Beck trap.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 09:19 AM
No, it most certainly was not. I heard the whole thing. I live in Texas. Beck went after her for DAYS on his radio show and likewise on his TV show. He went so far as to group her on his whiteboard with a bunch of Marxists.

Medina shouldn't partake in politics any further if she can't simple questions. Here was the question: "Do you believe the government was in any way involved in the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?" so what does Dizzy Debra do? Instead of answering NO, by stating she has no FIRSTHAND knowledge of any linkage, she proceeds to waffle in a manner more reminscient of a recently landed striped bass on a dock.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
No, it most certainly was not. I heard the whole thing. I live in Texas. Beck went after her for DAYS on his radio show and likewise on his TV show. He went so far as to group her on his whiteboard with a bunch of Marxists. It was beyond disgusting.

+Rep for debunking that bit of revisionist history. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and if Beck wants to help out then great! (Could this be why Beck was canned at Fox? Sure the Judge supports Ron Paul, but the Judge doesn't have Beck's 9/12 grassroots network.) I don't trust Beck just like I don't trust Michael Savage. But any help from these quarters either supporting Paul like Beck apparently is now doing or supporting non interventionist foreign policy as Michael Savage kinda sorta is doing just moves the ball forward.

MRoCkEd
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Here's some tube-age:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201104260019

Kludge
04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Medina shouldn't partake in politics any further if she can't simple questions. Here was the question: "Do you believe the government was in any way involved in the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?" so what does Dizzy Debra do? Instead of answering NO, by stating she has no FIRSTHAND knowledge of any linkage, she proceeds to waffle in a manner more reminscient of a recently landed striped bass on a dock.
That's certainly justification to insinuate she's a Marxist, anarchist, Fascist, and crazy person.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
The video only needs to go viral if it omits the bashing at the end because whatever good was done with foreign policy and the fed was completely destroyed with the last part of that segment... The video/audio does no good if it contains the last part...

I'm fuckin fuming...

specsaregood
04-26-2011, 09:24 AM
That's certainly justification to insinuate she's a Marxist, anarchist, Fascist, and crazy person.

You left out nazi sympathizer.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 09:24 AM

Nobody's debating wether Medina handled the question well or not. But it was Beck that turned this into a national story, not Alex Jones. And it was a stupid question to begin with. It has about as much relevance as asking Beck if he believed that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 09:26 AM
The video only needs to go viral if it omits the bashing at the end because whatever good was done with foreign policy and the fed was completely destroyed with the last part of that segment... The video/audio does no good if it contains the last part...

I'm fuckin fuming...

Well do what the other side does to us. Just edit it down to the part that helps. Anybody got a link for us to get started?

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
This isn't about Beck/Debra Medina anymore... This is about Glenn Beck's radio program and Ron Paul...

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 09:29 AM

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Go look for the video where Debra discussed what really happened during that interview. Beck pulled some old radio audio tricks. She couldn't even hear some of what he was saying that made her look bad in her replies.

I agree that she could have done better in the initial question, but when you understand what really went down, I will bet you will be as steamed as I am.

And, for the record, as far as calling her "Dizzy Debra", please stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I live in Texas, bud, and no one could have worked harder and done better in the debates, than she. She doesn't deserve your insults.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM

It was the emails. The uncivil emails from the troofers set Beck off. The troofers were clamoring for Beck to put on Medina on the show. I just wish the troofers could provide a primary witness and/or collaborator before they take a bullhorn & scream "INSIDE JOB" in my face. And this is coming from someone who hates the federal government and believes the Federal Government is hiding something about 9/11. But I don't walk around screaming it in public without the plot being 100% verified. It's a theory, folks, not fact, as of yet.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
It was the emails. The uncivil emails from the troofers set Beck off. The troofers were clamoring for Beck to put on Medina on the show. I just wish the troofers could provide a primary witness and/or collaborator before they take a bullhorn & scream "INSIDE JOB" in my face. And this is coming from someone who hates the federal government and believes the Federal Government is hiding something about 9/11. But I don't walk around screaming it in public without the plot being 100% verified. It's a theory, folks, not fact, as of yet.

1) Do you have those emails? If yes post them. If not then that's hearsay and most like BS.

2) Even if you do have the emails how do you know they were really sent by "twoofers" and not Rick Perry? (More likely candidate no pun intended).

3) That still doesn't change the fact that it was Glen Beck, and not Alex Jones, that made this a story.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM

My goodness, whatever you do, don't upset Beck's precious sensibilities.

HOLLYWOOD
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Beck will go to war against Limbaugh and co. for Paul, if it comes to that. I'm sure of it. He's freed from bondage after the divorce from Fox.
I've seen the change since Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes gave Beck The Boot... since he's not under their 'Power of the Paycheck' for much longer, we'll have to see where Beck goes.

Remember Glen Beck, Ron Paul supporters and their Money Bombs are Terrorists

scottditzen
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought Beck's endorsement was pretty sheepish.

I listened for about an hour and feel much stupider for my trouble....what a show full of morons.

zacharyrow
04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
In case you haven't seen this from the last presidential run

Holy cow! The guy interviewing him was completely stupid. He didn't understand ANYTHING Ron Paul was saying.

That was so terrible.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Remember Glen Beck, Ron Paul supporters and their Money Bombs are Terrorists

We'll see what happens in '12... It's not about Beck/Medina or Beck/Paul '08 right now... We're here at another Paul run and this is when it will count...

Current: Beck was complimentary of Ron Paul again just now, saying he can control the debate and that this is his territory now...

We shall see, but the segment earlier was an F because of the ending...

trey4sports
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
We'll see what happens in '12... It's not about Beck/Medina or Beck/Paul '08 right now... We're here at another Paul run and this is when it will count...

Current: Beck was complimentary of Ron Paul again just now, saying he can control the debate and that this is his territory now...

We shall see, but the segment earlier was an F because of the ending...

what was the ending?

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM
what was the ending?

The ending of the earlier segment featured a re-enactment of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre scene... Pat Gray ran over Ron Paul with his tow-truck and continued to reverse over him, drive back over him, reverse over him, drive back over him with the earmark issue and how Ron Paul is a porker and has tricks (I'm paraphrasing)... It was pretty bad...

Again, it's not about what JUST Beck says, it's about what his whole show promotes... That last part of that segment painted a pretty bad image of Dr. Paul and Beck must own such things because he allows it to happen!

ravedown
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
just curious, but has limbaugh commented at all on the RP announcement yet?

HOLLYWOOD
04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
The ending of the earlier segment featured a re-enactment of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre scene... Pat Gray ran over Ron Paul with his tow-truck and continued to reverse over him, drive back over him, reverse over him, drive back over him with the earmark issue and how Ron Paul is a porker and has tricks (I'm paraphrasing)... It was pretty bad...

Again, it's not about what JUST Beck says, it's about what his whole show promotes... That last part of that segment painted a pretty bad image of Dr. Paul and Beck must own such things because he allows it to happen! So, what do think... Beck playing the 'Good Guy' because he knows the power of the RP people, he'll be on his own in a few months, and wants to keep his listener/audience levels high. Then there's Pat Grey, as the bad guy and the last word, this rehearsed segment to the listeners so they'll remember that last part of the dialog/show? Obviously Pat Grey had that hit piece prepared and this appears to be their gameplan.

It appears the 2 of them are playing this

SWATH
04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
just curious, but has limbaugh commented at all on the RP announcement yet?

I doubt he will. He seriously said less than 4 sentences about him the entirety of the previous election cycle and it was usually something like. "Ron Paul was in the debate last night, ugh, if he is the nominee the Republicans will have some mental health questions to address."

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Again, it's not about what JUST Beck says, it's about what his whole show promotes... That last part of that segment painted a pretty bad image of Dr. Paul and Beck must own such things because he allows it to happen!

As if there's a single House member who has never inserted an earmark, or as if Ron has ever voted for an earmark-laden budget. Nothing like blaming the principled for not getting himself booted in protest and making himself even more powerless to stop the insanity. Beyond disingenuous.

And, yes, Beck is stroke, stroke, stroke, stab. Will this change when he's completely clear of Faux? Don't know, and not making assumptions.

kahless
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, you guys were quick posting this. Heard it in the car and finally got home to check to see if anyone else caught it. I think I caught the best part of Beck admitting he was wrong not to listen to Ron in the past and saying the country is where Ron is. Then some comment about not being sure whether or not he can win in the general election. The part I caught sounded pretty sincere of someone that had errored in the past.

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I think I caught the best part of Beck admitting he was wrong not to listen to Ron in the past and saying the country is where Ron is. Then some comment about not being sure whether or not he can win in the general election. The part I caught sounded pretty sincere of someone that had errored in the past.

The country is where Ron is yet he can't win the General. Is he stupid or is this just more stroke stroke stab? The General Election is the least of our problems. Just nominate the man and stand back!

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
As if there's a single House member who has never inserted an earmark, or as if Ron has ever voted for an earmark-laden budget. Nothing like blaming the principled for not getting himself booted in protest and making himself even more powerless to stop the insanity. Beyond disingenuous.

Pat Gray's whole point is that Ron lays down the pork because he knows the bill will pass and is just voting no to look good and conservative etc...

And it's not just today, Beck was out on a Friday 2-3 weeks ago and the Gray/Stewbridork combo drug Ron through the dirt pretty hard in the last segment...

It doesn't have to come out of Beck's mouth, it's his show and his rules, he can fix it (IF he wants to)... I don't care how big of friends him and those two pricks are...

freshjiva
04-26-2011, 10:51 AM
The country is where Ron is yet he can't win the General. Is he stupid or is this just more stroke stroke stab? The General Election is the least of our problems. Just nominate the man and stand back!

+1.

wgadget
04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I heard it today on Beck's radio show. The ONLY reason I listened in was because of the Drudge headline about Ron Paul running.

IMHO, the only reason Beck is sucking up to Ron Paul is because he wants to get all those listeners back.

It's not gonna work with this guy.

Arklatex
04-26-2011, 10:59 AM
So glad I don't watch or listen to any news channel! Their minds are confused with confusion!

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
What's next, an apology to Debra Medina the state of Texas? If this is true (which I'll believe when I see the tube), that will be absolutely amazing.

Maybe Debra Medina should apologize for being a 9-11 truther.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Please resist replying to TC's above comment...

erowe1
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Why?

Assuming she's wrong about that, how is that worse than supporting TARP? Or any number of things that could be said about both Perry and Hutchinson?

Beck's answer to that question in his tirade against Medina was that truthers are too distrustful of the federal government to be trusted themselves. So he picked out what I see as probably the single best quality of truthers, and made it into a deal-breaker against electing someone who might be one. That has always seemed to me like one of the strangest and most telling aspects of that whole episode.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Please resist replying to TC's above comment...

Why? Just because you're part of the liberty movement doesn't mean that you have to support every liberty candidate.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Why?

Assuming she's wrong about that, how is that worse than supporting TARP? Or any number of things that could be said about both Perry and Hutchinson?

Supporting bailouts is simply a political position. Believing that the government was involved in bringing down the world trade center towers is a loony conspiracy theory. Any politician who holds that view is essentially clinically insane and unfit to hold office. It's completely different from simply having a certain point of view on a political issue. Please note that neither Ron, Rand, Schiff, nor any other liberty candidate is a 9-11 truther.

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Why? Just because you're part of the liberty movement doesn't mean that you have to support every liberty candidate.

I believe payme_rick is disinclined to support threadjacking. What does your comment have to do with Beck's information/disinformation/information/disinformation campaign?

You could start a thread for that topic. No extra charge.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM

I don't think that people should have to apologize for what they think, just for those bad things that they do. Traditional Neocons and collectivists think otherwise.

kahless
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM

I think it was "it remains to be seen whether or not he can", can't remember his exact words. So I did not take it as a stab since I was waiting to hear it and I did not hear it that way.

I did not listen to the rest so of the show from there so I do not know where it went after that.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I believe payme_rick is disinclined to support threadjacking. What does your comment have to do with Beck's information/disinformation/information/disinformation campaign?

You could start a thread for that topic. No extra charge.

I was defending Beck against the charge that he "sabotaged" Debra Medina's campaign. He asked her a softball question that was the easiest question he possibly could've asked her.

Simple and right answer: "No, the federal government was not involved in bringing down the world trade center towers. We were attacked by terrorists on 9-11."

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think that people should have to apologize for what they think, just for those bad things that they do. Traditional Neocons and collectivists think otherwise.

According to your definition Ron is a neocon since he's not a 9-11 truther.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM
"No, the federal government was not involved in bringing down the world trade center towers. We were attacked by terrorists on 9-11."

Ron Paul has said it himself that this government version is a conspiracy theory.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM

I will correct my correction: "TROLLditional Neocon"

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM

Do I point out that Paul doesn't think the truth has been told and wants it to be? Do I point out that your leap in logic jumps a far, far greater a gulf than actuall logic can leap? Or do I refuse to participate further in this attempted threadjack?

Decisions, decisions...

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Ron Paul has said it himself that this government version is a conspiracy theory.

False. Ron has rejected the nutty 9-11 conspiracy theories numerous times. He wanted an investigation into government incompetence on 9-11, not whether the government was actually involved in bringing down the towers.

Matthew Zak
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
It's hard for me to consider them terrorists when I could apply the same criteria to our adventures overseas. Shock and Awe... yeah, that couldn't have hurt anybody.

We weren't attack because we're so gosh darn free. People don't blow themselves up out of jealousy.

If Bin Laden is a terrorist then George Bush 1 and 2 are terrorists. So is Clinton. And Obama.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
I will correct my correction: "TROLLditional Neocon"

Your bulb isn't very bright. And you're just another person who uses the word "neocon" to describe anybody who doesn't hate America.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 11:26 AM

What makes you think she is a "truther"?

Brian4Liberty
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Stupid Pat Gray slamming him over the earmark issue.

Beck saying the Fed needs to be dismantled.

They have always been Beck's neo-conservative handlers, there to shape Beck's opinion and talking points if he strays too far in the wrong direction. I never had any doubt that the Medina set-up was planned by them, and Beck just took their word for it.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Who gives a shit, TC? This is about Ron Paul '12, not Debra Medina... Debra Medina isn't even running for office right now, so who cares if some citizen in South Texas is a truther or not? Do you like skittles? I think we should talk about skittles...

You Beck sympathizers are trying your hardest to steer this conversation in a different direction so you do not have to look the real issue (Beck NOW) in the face... I want to know what you guys think about Beck allowing two traditional neoconservatives (pun effin' intended) to destroy Ron on his radio show any time they want! Don't you think a true champion of freedom and true Ron Paul supporter would put a stop to it, realizing it hurts the chances that Ron Paul gets into the general election?

Let's not forget, Glenn Beck said he wants Allen West to run, and that Allen West is probably his guy, so stop acting like Beck has endorsed Ron Paul... Unless you guys are on the Allen West 2012 bandwagon, I suggest you back away from Beck's nuts..

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
I was defending Beck against the charge that he "sabotaged" Debra Medina's campaign. He asked her a softball question that was the easiest question he possibly could've asked her.

Simple and right answer: "No, the federal government was not involved in bringing down the world trade center towers. We were attacked by terrorists on 9-11."

You're right. That would have been a MUCH better response and would have derailed what clearly was a setup to take her out of the race. But, you need to understand that this is exactly what it was. Beck did more than ask the questions he did, he played some audio tricks that made her responses seem MUCH worse than they actually were. He then proceeded to drag her through the mud for at least an hour AFTER the interview was over. He kept it up for several days afterwards too and it didn't stop at his radio show. He aligned her with marxists on his tv show and flat out lied about her. There simply is no excuse for his behavior.

She should have been ready for such a blindside, but the fact was, she wasn't. She has never talked about 9-11 and it had no place whatsoever in her campaign. Think about it. She was running for Governor in a state election. She had been discussing nullification, Texas' severe debt problem and a host of other things. Not once, had any media in Texas said one thing about her and any truthers. Beck just pulled this BS out of the frickin' air. His goal was clear. Take her out of the race. His cohort Pat whatever appeared to be the one who had a connection to Rick Perry. Perhaps he was doing his old buddy a favor. Who knows.

Sorry to continue this. But, I'm not going to allow such a fine lady to be lied about and drug through the mud without retort.

erowe1
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Supporting bailouts is simply a political position. Believing that the government was involved in bringing down the world trade center towers is a loony conspiracy theory.

Which do you think is worse? And why?

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
False. Ron has rejected the nutty 9-11 conspiracy theories numerous times. He wanted an investigation into government incompetence on 9-11, not whether the government was actually involved in bringing down the towers.

Sorry Charlie, you are wrong again. Ron Paul has been quoted several times as saying that, by definition, the government version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory. It is up to each individual as to just how to interpret that statement. Evidently, you are trapped in a false paradigm where you either must reject facts as falsehoods or believe that RP is a 9/11 Truther.

Dreamofunity
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Your bulb isn't very bright. And you're just another person who uses the word "neocon" to describe anybody who doesn't hate America.

(I know you're not, but) if you were a troll, that would be a great line.

erowe1
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM

What are you talking about?

erowe1
04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Ron Paul has been quoted several times as saying that, by definition, the government version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory.

This is news to me. Got a link?

Karsten
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
He hasn't ever argued for 9/11 conspiracy theories. He simply said the 9/11 investigation was a coverup, like all government investigations. However, he's called 9/11 conspiracy theories "preposterous". The confusion arises probably solely, because one of the main 9/11 conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones, is also a big Ron Paul fan. HE has said Ron Paul doesn't believe the official story, but RON PAUL never has!

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
I'll see what I can find, but the quote should be almost word for word...."by definition, the governments version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory". I interpret this to be a statement of fact and not necessarily an endorsement of 9/11 Truth. But you can take the quote to the bank.

erowe1
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll see what I can find, but the quote should be almost word for word...."by definition, the governments version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory".

What was the context of that?

That quote itself is just an obviously true statement, and nobody would think anything odd about it if Dick Cheney said it. Yes, obviously the official account of 9/11 is one that involved a conspiracy, a conspiracy of a group of foreign terrorists, not a government conspiracy. If that's all he said, then that does not in the slightest bit support what the Sparebulb seemed to be implying. If this is all RP said, and he did not say it in a context that in any way supported the kind of conspiracy theories 9/11 truthers support, then I don't see what SB's point of mentioning it was.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Any proper investigation into 9/11 "incompetence" will also address the question if the government was so "incompetent" as to allow traitors to infiltrate it.

kahless
04-26-2011, 11:53 AM

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way she answered the question. It was pretty clear from the interview it was a setup. She answered the same way Sarah Palin did. Sarah Palin however gets a pass since she is the Neocon's darling child and Medina was too much of a threat to Perry. Someone got in Beck's ear.

Saying people have raised some questions but have not seen all the evidence as Medina did makes practically everyone these days a 9/11 truther by your definition.

ravedown
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
what the hell- beck and his goons just basically endorsed allen west...but go on to say that they don't know his position on foreign policy? wtf? again...beck is lost, he's clearly easily influenced by those around him and whenever he speaks for himself, his handlers steer him back on track. has anyone besides beck even mentioned allen west? who created this guy and for what purpose?

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry Charlie, you are wrong again. Ron Paul has been quoted several times as saying that, by definition, the government version of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory. It is up to each individual as to just how to interpret that statement. Evidently, you are trapped in a false paradigm where you either must reject facts as falsehoods or believe that RP is a 9/11 Truther.

Uh, no. Not when the man himself has made it quite clear what his beliefs on the subject are.

How many times does Ron Paul have to say that he does not believe our government brought down the buildings? He has said over and over and over again that it was blowback due to our occupation. How many more books does he have to suggest we read about the subject (do you remember the "reading list" for Rudy?); how many more press conferences does he have to hold with Michael Scheuer?

No, he doesn't believe the official story. But, that is a far cry from saying he believes "9-11 was an inside job". He has said numerous times that there was a cover-up of government ineptitude. There is your "conspiracy".

Inkblots
04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
This is news to me. Got a link?

Well, I've never heard him say that, but if he said it was a conspiracy, it's self-evidently true. A group of radical Muslims secretly planned a series of major, coordinated attacks against America. When a group makes a secret plot against someone or something, that's the definition of a conspiracy, right?

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
He hasn't ever argued for 9/11 conspiracy theories. He simply said the 9/11 investigation was a coverup, like all government investigations. However, he's called 9/11 conspiracy theories "preposterous". The confusion arises probably solely, because one of the main 9/11 conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones, is also a big Ron Paul fan. HE has said Ron Paul doesn't believe the official story, but RON PAUL never has!

Ron Paul was attacked as a truther not because Alex Jones is a Ron Paul fan, but because Ron Paul went on the Alex Jones show, as well as on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, and said the U.S. was in "grave danger" of a "contrived Gulf of Tonkin type incident to gain popular support for a war with Iran".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8MIENVtKw

For further reference on how the neocon media used this see:

h ttp://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/13/audio-us-in-great-danger-of-a-staged-terror-attack-or-new-gulf-of-tonkin-says-ron-paul/

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Uh, no. Not when the man himself has made it quite clear what his beliefs on the subject are.

How many times does Ron Paul have to say that he does not believe our government brought down the buildings? He has said over and over and over again that it was blowback due to our occupation. How many more books does he have to suggest we read about the subject (do you remember the "reading list" for Rudy?); how many more press conferences does he have to hold with Michael Scheuer?

No, he doesn't believe the official story. But, that is a far cry from saying he believes "9-11 was an inside job". He has said numerous times that there was a cover-up of government ineptitude. There is your "conspiracy".

Yeah. And later when asked why he doesn't come out with the "truth about 9/11" he said because it is "too controversial" for him. Make of that what you will.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
JmDrake, the media was calling Dr. Paul a "truther", long before that.

erowe1
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, I've never heard him say that, but if he said it was a conspiracy, it's self-evidently true. A group of radical Muslims secretly planned a series of major, coordinated attacks against America. When a group makes a secret plot against someone or something, that's the definition of a conspiracy, right?

Right. That's what I said in post #85. But that sure didn't appear to be what Sparebulb was driving at. And if it was, then I don't see the point. Because if that's all RP meant, it only further supports what TraditionalConservative was saying.

FrankRep
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Audio: Glenn Beck Praises Ron Paul on Today's Radio Show

http://dailypaul.com/162804/glenn-beck-saying-on-his-show-that-ron-paul-is-the-best-gop-candidate

Brett85
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Which do you think is worse? And why?

I don't support bailouts, but being a 9-11 truther is worse. In order to be a 9-11 truther you have to believe a theory that has been repeatedly debunked. It essentially means that you can't look at settled facts and accept things for the way they are. I don't want to have any conspiracy theorists in political office. If I had lived in Texas I would've voted for Perry after the Medina interview on Beck's show.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 12:07 PM

http://dailypaul.com/162804/glenn-beck-saying-on-his-show-that-ron-paul-is-the-best-gop-candidate

the comments are disgusting. Glenn Beck could pledge life-long servitude to Dr. Paul and he'd still be called a mole. It's sickening. It's almost as bad as the assholes on Hot Air who tell me that William F. Buckley kicked "my kind" out of the conservative tent a long time ago. These goddamn stupid cliques.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
No, it wasn't.

Glenn Beck (and/or his producers) COLLUDED with the Rick Perry campaign to pummel Medina before she peaked. There are e-mails out there which prove it. I have it on very good authority but I can't say from who.

Because of this Glenn Beck is NOT TO BE TRUSTED or relied upon. If he happens to come our way, great we'll take him, but he should not be a pillar of our strategy.

low preference guy
04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't support bailouts, but being a 9-11 truther is worse.

what? that's ridiculous. supporting stealing, let alone stealing $700 billion is worse than believing any conspiracy theory. it's not even a contest.

erowe1
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
In order to be a 9-11 truther you have to believe a theory that has been repeatedly debunked. It essentially means that you can't look at settled facts and accept things for the way they are.

When it comes to supporting politicians, I have trouble seeing why this should be more important than how they will actually use the powers they have once in office.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't support bailouts, but being a 9-11 truther is worse. In order to be a 9-11 truther you have to believe a theory that has been repeatedly debunked. It essentially means that you can't look at settled facts and accept things for the way they are. I don't want to have any conspiracy theorists in political office. If I had lived in Texas I would've voted for Perry after the Medina interview on Beck's show.

That would have been stupid.

You are falling for Beck's bullshit. She's not even a "truther". Not that this fact has anything whatsoever to do with being the Governor of a state.

Debra Medina is the best person that I have ever seen run for Governor in Texas, or anywhere, for that matter. She's the real deal and if she runs again, I will work my backside off for her.

And we wonder how and why people so easily fall for the BS that the media does to Ron Paul and the picture they paint of him.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Err... that wasn't the best praise of RP, but I'm glad GB is saying good things about him.

Let's let it simmer a bit more and see if GB doesn't outright endorse Ron Paul.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 12:15 PM
No, it wasn't.

Glenn Beck (and/or his producers) COLLUDED with the Rick Perry campaign to pummel Medina before she peaked. There are e-mails out there which prove it. I have it on very good authority but I can't say from who.

Because of this Glenn Beck is NOT TO BE TRUSTED or relied upon. If he happens to come our way, great we'll take him, but he should not be a pillar of our strategy.

Glenn Beck work with Rick Perry? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MnL8k7kdI

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
JmDrake, the media was calling Dr. Paul a "truther", long before that.

Ummmm....not really. The media was pretty much ignoring Dr. Paul before that. You might have had some smattering of "he might be a truther", but the big "He really is a truther" push came after the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
And we wonder how and why people so easily fall for the BS that the media does to Ron Paul and the picture they paint of him.

Actually, it is fairly easy to see who does and who doesn't do their own research. Unfortunately, most people don't.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Glenn Beck work with Rick Perry? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MnL8k7kdI

And then after he bushwhacks Debra Medina he says he wants to "French kiss Rick Perry".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0v-jumDzqI

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM

So you would vote for McCain, Bush or Obama over Andrew Napolitano? Sad. Just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8IuDZCWug

And for the record, Medina never said she was a truther. She only said that people had legitimate questions. So a politician who doesn't attack her own supporters for having questions is worse then someone actively destroying this country?

AuH20
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM

Conspiracy talk isn't taboo. Criticism of the Federal Reserve was once considered treasonous and anti-Semitic. However, in the curious case of 9/11 if you have no tangible proof (witnesses, collaborators, black boxes, etc.) that can be processed in the court of law, please shut up. Do you realize the gravity of the allegations if the government did kill it's own citizens? We would turn in have to violently dismantle the government and the so-called security apparatus in the country.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Right. That's what I said in post #85. But that sure didn't appear to be what Sparebulb was driving at. And if it was, then I don't see the point. Because if that's all RP meant, it only further supports what TraditionalConservative was saying.

I can't take the time to clarify every point, but start with the context of the first quote and re-read the thread.

There are many different groups trying to make RP either wear the 9/11 Truth label or reject it in total. These people don't realize that a principled supporter of liberty doesn't condemn people that question our government, regardless of the merits of the argument. Neocons and neolibs want him to own 9/11 Truth because they can successfully smear him. They also know that if he rejects those groups, his base will recognize the loss of constitutional principles.

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
If Glen Beck is our buddy, why can't we even have a conversation about the bastard without getting at least half of it moved to Hot Topics?

Stroke stroke stab. In the back.

sparebulb
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
If Glen Beck is our buddy, why can't we even have a conversation about the bastard without getting at least half of it moved to Hot Topics?

Stroke stroke stab. In the back.

Remember, its Beck. He aims lower........Lindsey Graham lower.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Conspiracy talk isn't taboo. Criticism of the Federal Reserve was once considered treasonous and anti-Semitic. However, in the curious case of 9/11 if you have no tangible proof (witnesses, collaborators, black boxes, etc.) that can be processed in the court of law, please shut up. Do you realize the gravity of the allegations if the government did kill it's own citizens? We would turn in have to violently dismantle the government and the so-called security apparatus in the country.

Actually credible evidence that could be processed in a court of law including witnesses who say they saw the CIA meeting with Osama Bin Laden leading up to 9/11, cell phone records that Indian intelligence (with FBI confirmation) shows a connection between Pakistani intelligence and the 9/11 hijackers, physical evidence of thermite, financial records showing a Bush family linked bank engaged in money laundering etc. People who make the "there's no evidence you could use in a court of law" argument haven't studied what evidence could be admitted in a court of law.

As for the gravity of the accusations, what about the gravity of the governments accusations? So far we launched anywhere from 3 to 5 wars based on 9/11 depending on how you're counting. We're bankrupting our treasury. We've put in porn scanners and we are molesting kids all because people think that they have to do that to protect us from the "terrists" and "sacrifice liberty for security". The last time there was a conspiracy of this magnitude was when Smedly Butler ended the Nazi coup attempt against FDR. That time the public was purposefully kept in the dark because "the American people can't handle the truth". This time the very cover up is causing damage itself.

emazur
04-26-2011, 01:06 PM

You do realize that Ron Paul believes the 2 parties are controlled and that the CFR and Trilateral Commission have an international agenda to bring about a North American Union, New World Order, and a global currency don't you? And Barry Goldwater before him believed the same thing, minus the NAU stuff which hadn't come about yet? That being said, those issues should stay on the back burner (if not, shelved for the foreseeable future) and I agree 9/11 conspiracy theories need to stay COMPLETELY out of the Ron Paul campaign. Paul DOES NOT BELIEVE there were any controlled demolitions, he DOES believe 9/11 was blowback for America's foreign policy (and don't try to tie blowback into a conspiracy theory - Paul has not and will not do so). And whether you like it or not, you need to sell Ron Paul to the public during the campaign and trying to mix 9/11 conspiracies into it is the surest way to get people to walk away. Even if you did manage to entice someone new, that's time you could have been using to promote Paul better and that's time a potential Paul supporter will put to waste by investigating the theory rather than investing in learning Paul's positions and promoting them.

nate895
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Only on RPF do we argue about someone giving support to our candidate of choice.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Only on RPF do we argue about someone giving support to our candidate of choice.

There is always an ulterior motive. LOL HONEY, HONEY, POISON. He's going to wipe our minds and lead all of us lemmings right off the nearest cliff. If anyone possesses strong convictions, they're not going to be convinced by what Glenn Beck deems right or wrong. Meanwhile, Beck gets more shit for saying kind things about Paul, than venom spewed by an actual enemy like Limbaugh or Hannity. It's perplexing. Beck was better off being agnostic about Paul. So if you come late to the party, you're some kind of infiltrator. Insane.

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM

Yes. But there's no reason to. We should all be able to agree that Beck's support, as long as it lasts, is a good think and Beck did some things that in the past that were unhelpful to the movement to say the least. But some folks can pass up a good opportunity to bash fellow Ron Paul supporters.

kahless
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM

You seem to have brought into the Neocon playbook of what a 9-11 truther is and that one must never discuss 9-11 incompetence.

Were you paying attention to the media reports prior to 9-11? Living here in NY it was obvious to my friends and family from reading about the Al Qaeda threat to the airlines in the media that we were long over due. As a frequent flier it certainly instilled fear the heightened security screenings after the per incident Bin Laden threats. You can go all the way back to 96 when they had to close the airspace over Olympic Stadium in Atlanta because the threat was they would hijack planes and crash them into the stadium.

We even have Al Gore's scathing report on the threat to our airlines that was whitewashed after he received donations for his campaign. Should we not question Al Gore on this? Neocons were going to vote to Bush in 2000 since they thought Clinton/Gore were not keeping us safe from such an attack.

But I suppose we are should be good citizens, keep our mouths shut and never question government. Doing so is just crazy conspiracy :rolleyes:

Brett85
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM
So you would vote for McCain, Bush or Obama over Andrew Napolitano? Sad. Just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8IuDZCWug

And for the record, Medina never said she was a truther. She only said that people had legitimate questions. So a politician who doesn't attack her own supporters for having questions is worse then someone actively destroying this country?

I think you're putting your own spin on what the Judge said. He never said that the government brought down the towers. Beck specifically asked Medina whether the government actually brought down the towers, and she said she was "undecided." That's like saying you're undecided about whether the sky is blue.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 01:38 PM
When it comes to supporting politicians, I have trouble seeing why this should be more important than how they will actually use the powers they have once in office.

Hutchinson supported the bailouts. I believe Perry was against them.

Brett85
04-26-2011, 01:45 PM
You seem to have brought into the Neocon playbook of what a 9-11 truther is and that one must never discuss 9-11 incompetence.

No. I said earlier in this thread that government incompetence was partly to blame for 9-11. But saying that the government is incompetent is completely different from saying that the government was actually behind bringing down the world trade center towers. Beck didn't ask Medina about "government incompetence." He specifically asked her whether she believed the government was actually responsible for bringing down the world trade center towers. She wouldn't even give the factual answer which is "no, we were attacked by terrorists on 9-11. The government didn't bring down the towers."

Ekrub
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Since the Bush administrations main objective was to invade Iraq, why wouldn't they have blamed the 9/11 attacks on someone more linked to Saddam than Bin Laden? Seems to me Bush didn't care much about the war in Afghanistan after he was able to attack Iraq...

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I think you're putting your own spin on what the Judge said. He never said that the government brought down the towers. Beck specifically asked Medina whether the government actually brought down the towers, and she said she was "undecided." That's like saying you're undecided about whether the sky is blue.

You're putting your own spin on what Medina said. She said she didn't have all of the evidence. She's not some people who are going to claim they know that one way or another. Despite your false bravado, you have no honest way to claim that the that your theory that there was no government involvement is "fact". You have no evidence whatsoever. Medina's answer was thoughtful and honest. Yours is just made up out of wishful thinking.

Back to the judge, questioning WTC 7 puts him further in the truther camp than simply saying "I haven't looked at all of the evidence and there are some good questions". It's sad how you're trying to spin this.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
No. I said earlier in this thread that government incompetence was partly to blame for 9-11. But saying that the government is incompetent is completely different from saying that the government was actually behind bringing down the world trade center towers. Beck didn't ask Medina about "government incompetence." He specifically asked her whether she believed the government was actually responsible for bringing down the world trade center towers. She wouldn't even give the factual answer which is "no, we were attacked by terrorists on 9-11. The government didn't bring down the towers."

Exactly. Medina isn't fit for public office if she can't properly answer what could be widely considered an elementary question. If she could have first established that fact, THEN she could have clarified herself. But no, she had to go for the gusto and play skeptical troofer.

kahless
04-26-2011, 02:01 PM

She did not say "undecided" it was "I am not going to take a position on that".

I found an audio clip that starts off with that question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5AG05it8EI&feature=fvsr

There was also some question of audio problems. I heard that from listening to the hosts on the station that followed Beck's show as well as this clip from Medina afterwards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2z7M8IwdA&feature=related You could also take from her answer that she did not want to bash anyones - her supporters beliefs.

Regardless, Beck raised an issue that was completely irrelevant to the Governors race and the people of Texas lost the chance of having a governor that would restore real private property ownership in Texas, thanks partially to this interview. (i.e. Medina was going to eliminate property taxes).

Feeding the Abscess
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Listened to that Ron Paul/Pat Gray interview.

Wow, Pat Gray is a fucking tool.

AuH20
04-26-2011, 03:03 PM

Pat and Stu need to be pelted by snowballs. Or preferably, in this weather, rotten fruit.

payme_rick
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
They need to be pelted with pink slips, or if nothing else barred from being near any microphones...

jmdrake
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Putting this thread back on topic (hopefully) we now see the new right wing angle for attacking Ron Paul. It's no longer going to be "He's against the wars and that's un-American" or "We think he's a 9/11 truther". It's going to be "He supports earmarks and that's evil and not conservative". Sadly some within our own ranks have fallen somewhat for that line. It's one thing to support earmarks that increase government spending (if only by 1%). It's another thing to earmark money that would otherwise be unconstitutionally allocated by the executive branch.

Tinnuhana
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Maybe look at the "earmarks" RP supported. The ones I saw were all geared to the benefit of everyone around the district, like dredging out the harbors so shipping had freer access to port. Also, given his reasoning that in appropriation bills where he added things, that it's money taken from the citizens that he's just getting back to them in the form of services, it would be interesting in finding out how much tax money is collected by the feds for his district and compare it with the money/services he got for them. This might be information we can use in some way to defuse the "pork" attacks.

anaconda
04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I would think Israel would be a problem for Beck.

smithtg
04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
I hate Pat Gray. He needs to go back the the WKRP in cincinatti days and spin some vinyl

smithtg
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM

when will Beck fire him?