PDA

View Full Version : Where my New Hampshire people at?

foofighter20x
10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Since the voter registration deadline has passed and we are counting on added support from the anti-war folk, I'm worried about the anti-war Dems that didn't crossover in time.

Any way you guys can push a vote trade program? It's inherently risky, but I think it'd work.

The idea is that registered independents will vote Ron Paul in trade for a registered Dem to vote for their Dem pick.

Sell it as the only way to end the war without fighting over it all the way until next Nov or what have you...

Let me know what you think.

Edward
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Since the voter registration deadline has passed and we are counting on added support from the anti-war folk, I'm worried about the anti-war Dems that didn't crossover in time.

Any way you guys can push a vote trade program? It's inherently risky, but I think it'd work.

The idea is that registered independents will vote Ron Paul in trade for a registered Dem to vote for their Dem pick.

Sell it as the only way to end the war without fighting over it all the way until next Nov or what have you...

Let me know what you think.Vote trading is illegal in most, if not all, States.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Good point, I forgot about the whole deadline thing, meaning we are screwed, ron paul can't win since no more people can be signed up to vote, we are stuck with our current numbers of voters.

me3
10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
There are a lot of independents in NH. We were going to live and die with them anyway. The base of the GOP will be split between the "first tier" candidates, with a small fraction going to Dr. Paul.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Independets are members of the independent party, you are all forgetting this, I learned this in political science class, they can't vote for paul since they can't switch party to GOP.

TVMH
10-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Independets are members of the independent party, you are all forgetting this, I learned this in political science class, they can't vote for paul since they can't switch party to GOP.

Isn't NH's primary open to both Republicans and Independents? :confused:

McDermit
10-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Vote trading is illegal in most, if not all, States.

It was done for Nader in 00. And I believe Kucinich to a lesser extent. It was unofficial, and I don't recall anyone getting shit over it.

*shrug*

margomaps
10-25-2007, 11:59 PM

WRONG!! :)

In NH, there is no "independent" party. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's no "independent" party almost anywhere in the US.

In NH, you can either be registered Republican, Democrat, or 'undeclared.' Undeclared means you aren't with the Dems or Repubs. Undeclared voters may choose to register with the Democratic or Republican party on the day of the primary, and then unregister again when they leave the polling station, if they so choose.

Man, I gotta get some sleep. People need to stop making errors for me to find and correct right before bedtime.

Politicallore
10-26-2007, 12:01 AM
They are right here man, they are right here

http://www.politicallore.com/?p=65

Edward
10-26-2007, 12:05 AM
It was done for Nader in 00. And I believe Kucinich to a lesser extent. It was unofficial, and I don't recall anyone getting shit over it.Vote trading is certainly not "official". I believe California's Secretary of State threatened action against various websites in 2000.

Primbs
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
There are a lot of independents in NH. We were going to live and die with them anyway. The base of the GOP will be split between the "first tier" candidates, with a small fraction going to Dr. Paul.

We need to find the Reaganites who are anti tax and pro small government.

There should be quite a few up there. Ron Paul did endorse Reagan when it was not popular to do so.

These Reaganites should return the favor and vote for Ron Paul.

There are some Reaganites who like antiwar.com also.

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 12:13 AM

Incorrect. You're blowing smoke outta yer pooper.

New Hampshire state law allows independents to declare a party for primary voting when they walk in to vote.

654:34 Change of Registration.

I. Change of registration of a voter whose party membership has been previously registered.

(a) Any legal voter whose party membership has been registered may change such registration by appearing in person before the supervisors of the checklist for his town or ward any time they meet, except as prohibited by paragraph IV, and stating to them under oath or affirmation, if required, that:

(1) He intends to affiliate with and generally supports the candidates of the party with which he offers to register, in which case he shall be registered as a member of such party; or

(2) He does not wish to be registered as a member of any party, in which case his party designation shall be removed from the checklist.

(b) He may also change such registration at any primary, upon making oath or affirmation to the same effect, but he shall not be permitted in such case to vote the ballot of any party at such primary.

II. Change of registration of a voter who has been registered as an undeclared voter.

(a) Any legal voter who has been registered as an undeclared voter may register as a member of the party of the voter's choice by appearing before the supervisors of the checklist for the voter's town or ward any time they meet, except as prohibited by paragraph IV, and stating to them, under oath or affirmation, if required, that the voter intends to affiliate with and generally supports the candidates of the party with which the voter offers to register, in which case the voter shall be registered as a member of such party.

(b) A voter may also register as a member of a party at any primary by requesting to be registered as a member and voting the ballot of the party of the voter's choice. A voter may also register once again as an undeclared voter after voting in a primary as a registered member of a party by returning the card provided for in paragraph V to the person at the polls designated by the town or city clerk to accept the card. All such cards shall be in the possession of the supervisors of the checklist at the close of the polls on election day.

659:14 Voting in Primary Elections. I. A person desiring to vote at a state or presidential primary election shall, at the time of announcing the person's name, also announce the name of the party to which the person belongs or whether the person is registered as an undeclared voter. If the person's party membership has been registered before, the person shall be given only the ballot of the party with which the person is registered, unless the person desires to vote the ballot of a party not having official existence at the time the person's party membership was previously registered, in which case the person may vote the ballot of such a party in the state primary election immediately following the political organization's official existence as a party, and not in any subsequent state primary election. A person may also vote the ballot of such a party in the presidential primary election only if the presidential primary election precedes the state primary election to be held in that same year. If the rules of a party permit a person who is registered as an undeclared voter to vote in the party's primary, any person desiring to vote in that party's primary shall also announce the name of that party at the time of announcing the person's name. No person shall be permitted to vote in any more than one party primary during any primary election.

Final note: there is no Independent Party in New Hampshire. There is an Independent American Party, but being registered Independent is the same as being registered undeclared.

anotherone
10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Incorrect. You're blowing smoke outta yer pooper.

New Hampshire state law allows independents to declare a party for primary voting when they walk in to vote.

Final note: there is no Independent Party in New Hampshire. There is an Independent American Party, but being registered Independent is the same as being registered undeclared.

The guy you replied to (ron paul has 2 first names) is a known troll. I'm not sure who he supports, but it is *definitely* not Ron.

centure7
10-26-2007, 02:50 AM

Let me know what you think.

I think Ron Paul would hate the vote-trading idea if it is ILLEGAL!

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 05:48 AM
I think Ron Paul would hate the vote-trading idea if it is ILLEGAL!

I found nothing in NH law that specifically stated that vote trading is illegal.

You guys are free to double check, however...

ItsTime
10-26-2007, 06:16 AM
wrong!!!

Actually you can only be three things in New Hampshire. Rep Dem or Undeclared.

Undeclared aka independents CAN VOTE Ron Paul IN THE PRIMARY!!!