PDA

View Full Version : The campaign WILL be run to win!

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Greetings.

Middle of last year I made a positive statement that Ron Paul will be running for sure in 2012. That has come to fruition.

In early 2009 I made a positive statement that Rand Paul would be running for the Senate. He is now a Senator.

I hope that track record shows that my statements of this nature are trustworthy.

Now I am making another positive statement:

The Ron Paul 2012 campaign will be run to win. Winning can of course consist of not achieving electoral victory. However this campaign will indeed be run to achieve electoral victory.

For those of you worried that this will just be an "educational campaign" please rest assured it will be. But it will also be a campaign that will seek to win caucuses and primary elections across the country.

Take my word for it, or not. It's up to you. But I'll be doing everything I can trying to get Ron to win in my home state(s).

Sola_Fide
04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Collins, your predictive powers are unparalleled.

HarryBrowneLives
04-25-2011, 11:29 PM
O thou Great Seer, dost your chicken bones or wooly worms predict that the Great Ron will come back to the War Memorial Auditorium before Super Tuesday?

Sentinelrv
04-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Do you know if the campaign will be more open to the suggestions of the grassroots this time? I seem to remember you telling me at CPAC that they don't really take suggestions. Many of us can point out what the campaign is doing wrong, but if they don't make any considerations, it's not going to help our cause.

RonZeplin
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
However this campaign will indeed be run to achieve electoral victory.
Will he commit to running as third party if necessary? IMO, he's not a serious candidate unless he's now willing to go the distance.

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Will he commit to running as third party if necessary?Have to ask him that, but I'm guessing probably not since he will probably want to have his House Seat if he doesn't get the nomination.

IMO, he's not a serious candidate unless he's now willing to go the distance.Actually any political expert would say that he is not a serious candidate if he is in a 3rd party.

Going 3rd Party after going Republican is not workable because ballot access is limited.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-26-2011, 12:01 AM
If we raised a billion dollars for him, he might consider a 3rd party run....

rp08orbust
04-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Will he commit to running as third party if necessary? IMO, he's not a serious candidate unless he's now willing to go the distance.

I seriously doubt it. Rand Paul will no doubt campaign heavily for Ron to the end. Running independent after failing to get the nomination would force Rand to either abandon his dad or else ruin his own good chances in 2016.

ForLibertyFight
04-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Good news. I believe that we really have a shot at this and we can win.
That will only be achieved if the grassroots works its ass off even harder than we did in 2008.

Also, I'm sad to say this, but this is probably going to be the last time Dr. Paul runs.
I'm going to make sure that I don't regret it later down the road because I didn't try everything that I possibly could to help win.

TheTyke
04-26-2011, 01:14 AM
The Federal Reserve is running their own candidate this time. They can print as much money as they want, and they STILL aren't trying 3rd Party. So that should settle the 3rd Party question.

Ron must win the Republican Primary, and if he's running to win... with our support, I believe he can do it! Let's go all out!

Dave Aiello
04-26-2011, 01:34 AM
This calls for my photoshopped fortune teller.. correct as usual .. well .. semi-usual

http://www.ronpaulnation.org/img/collins.jpg

Dreamofunity
04-26-2011, 02:10 AM
You were off on the exact dates for when Ron was going to announce numerous times. What if you're wrong on timing here?

A Paul will run a campaign geared towards electoral victory in 2016! The Collins is just off by 4 years.

TNforPaul45
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Greetings.

Middle of last year I made a positive statement that Ron Paul will be running for sure in 2012. That has come to fruition.

In early 2009 I made a positive statement that Rand Paul would be running for the Senate. He is now a Senator.

I hope that track record shows that my statements of this nature are trustworthy.

The Ron Paul 2012 campaign will be run to win. Winning can of course consist of not achieving electoral victory. However this campaign will indeed be run to achieve electoral victory.

For those of you worried that this will just be an "educational campaign" please rest assured it will be. But it will also be a campaign that will seek to win caucuses and primary elections across the country.

Take my word for it, or not. It's up to you. But I'll be doing everything I can trying to get Ron to win in my home state(s).

Yeah, but do you have any more examples of how right you are? Lol jk

And you only have one home state my friend. The other states are "temporary places of residences" heh

Sola_Fide
04-26-2011, 07:59 AM

Nah. Going the distance in the primaries in 2008 probably gave us the seeds for the Tea Party movement. No third party was needed.

ItsTime
04-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Ron would not be running, this time, just to educate. He can do that without running for president.

WilliamC
04-26-2011, 08:05 AM
The electorate wants to vote for someone who they perceive as being a winner.

As much as I personally am put off by 'spin', appearances matter in politics.

Ron Paul doesn't need to change his message, just package it better for the masses.

Havax
04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
You also said he was going to announce "next week" months ago. Thanks for telling us that he is going to indeed try to "win", though. Had no idea that would be the goal!

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I am in favor of a third party bid if the GOP does not give Ron access.
"Spoiler (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287771)"

goRPaul
04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
What's going to be difficult is getting the "political class" to change their philosophy of the role of government, or to take the rug of compliant supporters out from under them. Without one, or both of those, victory is not possible.

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 09:55 AM
What's going to be difficult is getting the "political class" to change their philosophy of the role of government, or to take the rug of compliant supporters out from under them. Without one, or both of those, victory is not possible.

Right. And why would they change their philosophy? They won't. They have every reason to keep their power. This is why a third party bid must be on the table.

www.SpoilerUSA.org

Aratus
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
dare i ask our rEVOLUTIOn seer WHICH texas district may send ROBERT PAUL to D.C?
can our wise rEVOLUTIOn seer PREDICT the way each new district in texas will look???
can he port over his prophetic vision into my potential HOUSE run should i opt to do so?

Krugerrand
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
dare i ask our rEVOLUTIOn seer WHICH texas district may send ROBERT PAUL to D.C?
can our wise rEVOLUTIOn seer PREDICT the way each new district in texas will look???
can he port over his prophetic vision into my potential HOUSE run should i opt to do so?

I believe it was the recent Colbert video where Ron suggested that Robert has decided to stick to medicine.

dbill27
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
We have against us: Levin, savage, rush, hannity, o'reilly etc.. It's the mainstream repubs that are destroying Ron's chances. They control the media access. If we are to have any chance, we have to find a way to break through, but how?

aclove
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
The problem with the whole "third party" meme is that it assumes that it's legal everywhere to lose a Republican primary, switch gears, and get on the ballot in the general as a Libertarian or Independent or whatever.

It's not.

Many states have "sore loser" laws, North Carolina being one, which specifically FORBID exactly this strategy. If you run for any office in a Republican or Democratic primary and lose, the law says you're done. Period. You are not allowed on the ballot after that.

Ron Paul is not going to bang his head against a brick wall trying to run as an Independent when he'd be kept off the ballot in several states REGARDLESS of how much money we raise for him. There'd be no point.

Krugerrand
04-26-2011, 10:11 AM
The problem with the whole "third party" meme is that it assumes that it's legal everywhere to lose a Republican primary, switch gears, and get on the ballot in the general as a Libertarian or Independent or whatever.

It's not.

Many states have "sore loser" laws, North Carolina being one, which specifically FORBID exactly this strategy. If you run for any office in a Republican or Democratic primary and lose, the law says you're done. Period. You are not allowed not allowed on the ballot after that.

Ron Paul is not going to bang his head against a brick wall trying to run as an Independent when he'd be kept off the ballot in several states REGARDLESS of how much money we raise for him. There'd be no point.

While I wouldn't at this point advocate it ... I doubt those laws could hold up in court. (of course, that would be expensive and it would take time to go through the courts.)

(especially) In states with sore loser laws that have closed primaries, I'd like to see other political parties put Ron Paul on the ballot for their party as well. He should run on any party ballot that will put him on .... provided that it's a closed primary state.

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 10:11 AM

It's not.

Many states have "sore loser" laws, North Carolina being one, which specifically FORBID exactly this strategy. If you run for any office in a Republican or Democratic primary and lose, the law says you're done. Period. You are not allowed on the ballot after that.

Traditionally, you are right.

However, Spoiler (http://www.SpoilerUSA.org) contains a plan to overcome those obstacles.

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
We have against us: Levin, savage, rush, hannity, o'reilly etc.. It's the mainstream repubs that are destroying Ron's chances. They control the media access. If we are to have any chance, we have to find a way to break through, but how?

One, Da Media is slamming him, especially to The G.O.P. faithful, but he's still getting heard much more than last time. This, combined with the fact that he's now the only candidate who is issuing a credible call for peace, and he's the only candidate that predicted this mess last time, is getting the attention of independents and potential crossover voters. This not only means we may be getting additional voters into the Republican primary, but it will show them the one and only way they have to unseat Obama. This will count for something.

Two, we can still talk with people. Face to face. And the Media can't stop us.

As for the possibility of a third party run, well, we need to remember that this is slim odds at best, even under today's highly unusual circumstances. We need to get him this nomination. We need to focus on it, unlock it and hand it to him. This nation is running out of chances to survive as we have known it. Don't count on any sort of Plan B working. Get this nominaton!!

Krugerrand
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Traditionally, you are right.

However, Spoiler (http://www.SpoilerUSA.org) contains a plan to overcome those obstacles.

couldn't find that plan on the link.

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 10:21 AM
couldn't find that plan on the link.

http://www.afr.org/

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
As for the possibility of a third party run, well, we need to remember that this is slim odds at best, even under today's highly unusual circumstances. We need to get him this nomination. We need to focus on it, unlock it and hand it to him. This nation is running out of chances to survive as we have known it. Don't count on any sort of Plan B working. Get this nominaton!!

I fully agree that it would be best to get the Republican nomination and we should focus hard on that goal.

The minions are all saying that he cannot win. I say it is wise to pay attention and have a plan B. They may know what they are talking about because they control the main stream media.

WorldonaString
04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm stoked. This is going to be so much bigger than last time. Buckle up!

outspoken
04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
If RP, loses then the whole control loses. My concern is that if he loses, we lose America as we have come to know it in 2012. He has to win and the country founded upon the concept of liberty cannot wait until 2016.

Aratus
04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
this big debt ain't gonna shrink down in any hurry.
yes... we must prioritize 2011 and 2012 but we must
also factor each gain and loss into what it does to
us all in 2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018 and 2019!

RonZeplin
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm guessing probably not since he will probably want to have his House Seat if he doesn't get the nomination.

Going 3rd Party after going Republican is not workable because ballot access is limited.Probably not a valid argument, since Juan McAmnesty ran, lost, and retained his seat in congress.

If anyone can get ballot access via third party, it's Ron Paul.... Libertarian, AIP, Constitution, and probably more parties would jump at the chance to have him on their tickets.

Ron hasn't ruled out a third party run this time around, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'll vote for him any chance I get, but am not yet convinced of his determination to win, whatever the cost.

raystone
04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
--

Aratus
04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
raystone... i feel do matt collins is destined for greatness.
if he runs in tennessee for jist about any office higher up
than small town dawwwg catcher, he just might end up
with the job. he jist might not get re-elected if he does
secess talk in an alarming manner. in the history books
andrew johnson defended honest abe in 1861 and was
runnin' with him in 1864. matt collins right now is more
literate than wuz the late 17th potus. tennessee does
not move away from a basic norm. ---the rules that got
a north carolina born tailor elected to things in d.c could
also impell MATT COLLINs so damn near either the cabinet
or the vice presidency! he is near to greatness, he is like a
more 'secess' talkin' more literate version of the 17th POTUS!

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
O thou Great Seer, dost your chicken bones or wooly worms predict that the Great Ron will come back to the War Memorial Auditorium before Super Tuesday?Yes, but it'll be BIGGER than the War Memorial Auditorium. Not sure exactly where or when yet, but he'll be here at least once during the campaign, maybe twice.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you know if the campaign will be more open to the suggestions of the grassroots this time? I seem to remember you telling me at CPAC that they don't really take suggestions. Many of us can point out what the campaign is doing wrong, but if they don't make any considerations, it's not going to help our cause.
Winning a campaign is a science. Follow a formula and it'll happen. The things the grassroots can do are different than what Ron can do. We can't craft the message, or make the narrative, or design the platform, or create his image. But we can go door to door, make the precinct calls, and raise the money.

And yes I am sure information will indeed flow both ways during the campaign. But unlike last time, there are many experienced professionals surrounding Ron who have won dozens of campaigns throughout their careers. This means it'll be VERY different than last time.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
If anyone can get ballot access via third party, it's Ron Paul.... Libertarian, AIP, Constitution, and probably more parties would jump at the chance to have him on their tickets.

Ron hasn't ruled out a third party run this time around, so we'll just have to wait and see. I'll vote for him any chance I get, but am not yet convinced of his determination to win, whatever the cost.
Read below:

It's not.

Exactly

If we raised a billion dollars for him, he might consider a 3rd party run....
Ross Perot had billions of dollars and was unable to secure ballot access in all 50 states.

Aratus
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
big hint!-- even though the merrie run for jim bunning + wendell ford's
seat seemed such a total impossible fluke at the beginning for Rand...

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
You were off on the exact dates for when Ron was going to announce numerous times. What if you're wrong on timing here?

A Paul will run a campaign geared towards electoral victory in 2016! The Collins is just off by 4 years.

You also said he was going to announce "next week" months ago. Thanks for telling us that he is going to indeed try to "win", though. Had no idea that would be the goal!No, I said he "may". I never said when he would. I asked the question which is NOT the same as making a declaratory statement.

I did however say that he would be running in 2012.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:29 PM
We don't need them to change their philosophy to achieve electoral victory. We just need them to vote for Ron.

Achieving electoral victory only means we are trying to get Republicans to give their vote to Ron, nothing more.

Aratus
04-26-2011, 12:29 PM
raystone... i do feel matt collins is destined for greatness.
if he runs in tennessee for jist about any office higher up
than small town dawwwg catcher, he just might end up
with the job. he jist might not get re-elected if he does
secess talk in an alarming manner. in the history books
andrew johnson defended honest abe in 1861 and was
runnin' with him in 1864. matt collins right now is more
literate than wuz the late 17th potus. tennessee does
not move away from a basic norm. ---the rules that got
a north carolina born tailor elected to things in d.c could
also impell MATT COLLINs so damn near either the cabinet
or the vice presidency! he is near to greatness, he is like a
more 'secess' talkin' more literate version of the 17th POTUS!

i'm sorta even debating a MASS House or Senate run up here
rather than things d.c if only becuz i can take the train to vote.

hazek
04-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Greetings.

What's the plan to tackle the media propaganda that drives the national narrative and perception of Ron's run? The reason I ask is because your post has ZERO credibility with me if there isn't one. Zero.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
What's the plan to tackle the media propaganda that drives the national narrative and perception of Ron's run? The reason I ask is because your post has ZERO credibility with me if there isn't one. Zero.Same thing that won Rand Paul's election - direct mail, door-to-door, and phone calls.

hazek
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Good answer. Hope it works.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
They are DAMN sure paying attention to us this time!!!! From the FOX NEWS article: "Paul’s blessing of a candidate could be a make-or-break moment late in the race. No one, not even Sarah Palin, may have more to say about whom the Republicans nominate than Paul." http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...s-haley-quits/ (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/26/gop-field-shapes-paul-plays-haley-quits/)

RonPaulFanInGA
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
The campaign WILL be run to win!

I'll wait until I see the staff hires and if there are any nepotism picks (*coughBentoncough*) in important positions.

Matt Collins
04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll wait until I see the staff hires and if there are any nepotism picks (*coughBentoncough*) in important positions.
Jesse Benton is family and will be around the Pauls in perpetuity. He isn't going away and will in fact be the centerpiece of any future campaign by any Paul.

But he was centrally involved in Rand's campaign and it did very well. He has changed quite a bit since 2008, as have I.

And I was his biggest critic.